Cure My Forum Addiction!

by Parabollus

Back to The Funnies.

Parabollus2009-04-23 02:30:06
I've come to a realization that perhaps one thing that may be negatively impacting my Lusternia game experience is something that's been right in front of me, filling my field of vision on a constant basis...

...that thing being these forums. blackeye.gif

Now, these forums are a great place and all, and I love the people here. But I think I've become addicted to them. I've spent many an hour lately doing nothing but lurking on the forums looking for new posts or replies to something I've posted. And I know I could be doing more productive things with my time...such as actually playing Lusternia. wacko.gif

I figure that forum addiction is nothing if not funny, so what I want to do is come up with ways I can treat/cure my forum addiction in the most hilarious way possible. I don't know what that is, so maybe you people can help. How would you treat forum addiction? Perhaps you can post some disturbing/disgusting pictures so I associate forum lurking with them. Or perhaps some radical method of preventing oneself from visiting them. Or magic rituals that alter fate so one's brain never develops the addiction in the first place. Or drugs. Who knows.

Just post something that will make me laugh at my forum addiction so I can get over it. That should be simple enough, shouldn't it? However! Don't do something that would make me not want to visit the forums ever again - I like you guys, so I just want to cut down, not go cold turkey. cow.gif Also, I'm not asking anyone to break any forum rules, so please don't.

So, forum addiction. Discuss, and crack jokes about it.
kiriwe2009-04-23 03:16:40
um.... do something to get yourself ostracized? So that you associate bad things with the forums. That's about the only thing I can think of.
Shiri2009-04-23 03:18:24
QUOTE (Kiriwe y'Kaliath @ Apr 23 2009, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um.... do something to get yourself ostracized? So that you associate bad things with the forums. That's about the only thing I can think of.

wtf.gif Let's not.
Xenthos2009-04-23 03:20:23
QUOTE (Shiri @ Apr 22 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wtf.gif Let's not.

suspicious.gif
Astraea2009-04-23 03:21:41
I think you've made more forum threads than I've made forum posts.
Unknown2009-04-23 03:22:39
If I knew ways to cure forum addictions, funny or otherwise, I would've used them on myself.
Simimi2009-04-23 03:25:24
Can you not make the conscious decision to not read the forums as much? I do not see how it is a problem, just decide not to do the negative behavior, clearly it is negative or you would not be worrying about it.
kiriwe2009-04-23 03:31:30
QUOTE (Simimi @ Apr 22 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you not make the conscious decision to not read the forums as much? I do not see how it is a problem, just decide not to do the negative behavior, clearly it is negative or you would not be worrying about it.

The thing is, he's referring to it as an addiction. Cigarette smokers are quite likely to understand that their behaviour is negative. It doesn't make correcting the behaviour any easier.
Acrune2009-04-23 03:33:28
QUOTE (Kiriwe y'Kaliath @ Apr 22 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is, he's referring to it as an addiction. Cigarette smokers are quite likely to understand that their behaviour is negative. It doesn't make correcting the behaviour any easier.

Forums don't contain nicotine though.

However, they do cause cancer. ninja.gif
Fania2009-04-23 04:04:24
Honestly I never used the forums until I worked a job where I couldn't go on Lusty most of the day. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be here much at all.
Isuka2009-04-23 04:13:47
QUOTE (Kiriwe y'Kaliath @ Apr 22 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Parabollus is a guy?! I'd just been assuming he was female for some reason.
Parabollus2009-04-23 11:11:49
QUOTE (Isuka @ Apr 23 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Parabollus is a guy?! I'd just been assuming he was female for some reason.

blink.gif Uh...not quite sure how to respond to that. huh.gif
Vhaas2009-04-23 11:26:46
QUOTE (Parabollus @ Apr 23 2009, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif Uh...not quite sure how to respond to that. huh.gif

Sexily.

The cure to the forum-blues is thus: self-discipline and a diversion. You take the first, and drive it into the second, then take the finished product and bash yourself in head with it.

smile.gif In short, find something else to do, and convince yourself that for whatever reasons, you should and want to do that more than your current activity(ies)- that you have an issue with what you are doing now is half the incentive. Now you just need to consider the positives for what you choose.
Knorrith2009-04-23 14:34:34
Knorrith Says:

Kids, there is nothing wrong with checking out the forums from time to time. But if you find yourself lurking about like some troll under a bridge just waiting for the next delicious morsel to come by, that's no good!

If you're not careful forums can actually suck away your life. Don't believe me? Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudTxx7fo2U

So remember, if you start noticing you're getting sucked into the forums, first shout out "No!" then get out of there.

This PSA was supposed to be paid for by the Foundation for Forum Trolls but their check got lost in the mail.
Noola2009-04-23 15:12:53
That was so cute! laugh.gif
Daganev2009-04-23 15:42:46
The word "sexy" CAN NOT be posted by a person with a celest orgy in thier sig!
Vhaas2009-04-23 17:33:26
QUOTE (daganev @ Apr 23 2009, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The word "sexy" CAN NOT be posted by a person with a celest orgy in thier sig!

1. But Parabollous is from Celest, so I figured it was his thing, and

2. Worse has been done.

That should get your mind off the forums! Go have some lunch.
Unknown2009-04-23 18:19:32
There's no such thing as forum addiction, there's only a lack of something better to do. tongue.gif
Noola2009-04-23 18:23:06
Or the fact that the thing you prolly should be doing is so boring you'd almost rather boil your face in oil than do it so, to avoid that, you linger on the forums more than you prolly should. suspicious.gif
Parabollus2009-04-23 21:49:48
QUOTE (Astraea @ Apr 22 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you've made more forum threads than I've made forum posts.

Actually...if you look at our post counts, you'll see that you've made 397, whereas I've only made 88 (not including this one). So...

...that means my superior math skills have proven (to me, anyway) that maybe my forum addiction isn't as bad as I've thought. suspicious.gif

...and also that I've made a pointless thread, which could be seen as a sign of forum addiction. shocked.gif

...zomgwut? My brain hurts now! Thanks a lot, Astraea. banghead.gif