Your Name Did Not Match Any Documents

by Parabollus

Back to The Funnies.

Parabollus2009-04-15 01:50:30

Above image is from the movie Wanted, where the main character Wesley Gibson tries a Google search on himself and comes up with that.

So, that inspired me to create this topic, where I shall ask the following to everyone: what happens when you search for your own full name on Google? It's highly, highly unlikely that anyone's name will yield no results from Google, considering how there are over 6 billion people in the world and thus the odds are...rather large that someone more famous than you shares your name. However, I bet you can get some pretty humorous results if you search your own full name on Google and find out exactly who you're competing with for 'net supremacy.

For example, when I search my name on Google, I apparently can be one of the following:
  • A country singer (ironic as I hate most country music)
  • A college administrator
  • A gastroenterologist
  • A stuntman
  • And lots of others I cannot possibly be

So post here with what happens when you search your name on Google! Who else can you possibly be? Who are your secret identities? Lusternia wants to know! ohyeah.gif

Note: you do not, and should not, have to post your actual full name in this thread, as it's general common sense on the internets that you don't want to endanger your privacy in such a manner. Just post your results and your commentary, nothing else needed.

Bonus: try searching your character's name on Google and see what you come up with!
Unknown2009-04-15 02:01:59
While my name has hits, they all refer to my person, and as such, I must point out that the extremely low amount of hits makes it quite easy to figure out who I am.
Unknown2009-04-15 02:06:32
I am apparantly Bruce Willis.
Daganev2009-04-15 02:16:11
According to Google, I am the only person on the inernet with my name smile.gif Yee Ha!

Also... it turns out the the guy who did my wedding video put it up on you tube! How crazy is that?!

to post or not to post...
kiriwe2009-04-15 02:21:42
My mother is freaking retarded, and put my full name in a comment on somebody's blog.

That's the only hit on my name with quotes around it. Without quotes, I get hits on my first name or last name, but not together.
Shaddus2009-04-15 02:23:50
My name is too damn common.

But apparently, there is a girl named Shaddus in Georgia, because she has a Myspace page, and terrible grammar.
Parabollus2009-04-15 02:24:23
Wow. Already three people who apparently have unique names on Google. My name sucks. sad.gif

Edit: Dang, ninja.gif'd by Shaddus. Oh well, we can suck in our nomenclature commonality together.
Diamondais2009-04-15 02:31:45
I show up on facebook and devientart.
Tael2009-04-15 02:34:14
Results 1 - 10 of about 14,900,000 for Shaun Thomas. (0.15 seconds)

Woe.
Aoife2009-04-15 02:39:10
Among other things, I am apparently a reporter and a really, truly godawful designer.

TRULY AWFUL.
Vhaas2009-04-15 02:47:20
Fools! Do you not see it?
He intends to use the descriptions of imagery we post here in conjunction with the Google search server to first determine which names evoke said imagery- when he knows this he can write each name in the notebook and systematically slay us one by one!

Furthermore, my name results in:

- A Yankees team member
- A deer hunter and his son
- An elegant desk for auction
- A grisly old navy veteran
- A prude, bitter-looking old woman
- Old folks at a reunion
- An old woman with a cat
- A headstone
- A luxury yacht
- More deer hunters, elderly people, and headstones (alright, I am going to be shot by a deer with a gun in my late sixties, I get it- enough)

You got me this time, Kira.
Furien2009-04-15 02:48:03
I am a large black man.

Hmm.
Unknown2009-04-15 02:52:14
I am one of 7 people in the world with my last name. I am a bit...unique.
Vhaas2009-04-15 02:52:26
When I typed Furien, I got this:

Shiri2009-04-15 03:37:21
I think that's meant to be the greek furies.

I'm some kind of (American, sigh) pro basketball player and a couple other things, but I'm not that common. V. common western name + common east european name is apparently not that popular a combination.
Casilu2009-04-15 03:40:52
QUOTE (Shiri @ Apr 14 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that's meant to be the greek furies.

I'm some kind of (American, sigh) pro basketball player and a couple other things, but I'm not that common. V. common western name + common east european name is apparently not that popular a combination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiri_(film)

First result for Shiri!
Everiine2009-04-15 03:49:40
My matches were all pretty predictable:

A few hits with my high school alumni newsletter
A few hits with my college newspaper (including a picture of me with a few people, including my ex, which if I could I would delete from the system records)
A few hits with names databases
Two hits with Wikis I signed up on (I should probably remove those names, now that I see it)
And one hit with a Japanese FB page (I have NO idea where this one came from)

Nothing really spectacular sad.gif.

Almost all the decipherable matches for "Everiine" were Lusternia. Apparently there was one dude with the last name Everiine who appeared before a board of some kind, and I think there is some odd foreign music group somehow related to the name Everiine. Damn! I thought for sure I had an absolutely unique name sad.gif.
Shiri2009-04-15 03:59:57
QUOTE (casilu @ Apr 15 2009, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah, and that. My Korean friend tells me it's cheesy, but good. I can live with that. Also it's about assassins so that's cool. Way better than Reiha's POS usage angry.gif
Casilu2009-04-15 04:04:21
I get a bunch of weird things for Casilu. Including a search on another search engine for Shiri.
Lawliet2009-04-15 04:04:51
I am... a character in a book, a business of some description and plenty of old people.