Lack of Direction

by Snaithy

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Snaithy2009-04-12 13:08:05
So I'm now stuck for a direction for Snaithy. Currently he's a herbalist, and the original idea was that it would be very easy to start saving gold. It started paying off almost instantly and I repayed the credit loan I'd taken out with Raikogen, and also transed Herbs.

Problem 1: There doesn't seem to be anything for him to aspire to. Saving up lots and lots of gold is an option but for what? Originally I wanted to be able to buy arties to make him more of a beast in combat, but if that was the case, what would be the point of a rogue combatant? Other idea was to perhaps buy an aethership, but aethercraft doesnt seem to have much point at the moment (especially as a rogue who cant just "CT come aetherhunt with me!").

Problem 2: If I did something like join an org again (which let's face it, it will most likely be for Celest), it would screw up Snaithy + Saaga, which wouldn't happen in an RP sense as Snaithy is VERY loyal to Saaga.

At present I have no ambition or desire to even play on Snaithy, let alone harvest and fill orders and such, so I'm focusing a lot of attention on an alt, but it seems a big waste of all the time and RL moneys spent on him.

Any suggestions/ideas as to how to make things interesting again?
Unknown2009-04-12 13:15:19
You could use the gold to buy a manse. You can get the cool RP artifacts like fountains, gardens, etc.
Saaga2009-04-12 16:37:15
Hey, you shouldn't care about Snaithy/Saaga "too" much - if rejoining Celest is what you want to do with Snaithy, then go ahead and do it! Aetherships are all nice and that, but without a proper crew it's... well, not as viable as well as lonely. The thing is, you should be able to enjoy Lusternia and bring your character where-ever you want to, in the limits of your character of course. If you've no incentive to play Snaithy at present, either take a proper break away from him and/or re-direct things a bit. Being a rogue in Lusternia has its limits - one cannot just harvest all the time and be content with it!
Ashteru2009-04-12 16:42:20
Castrated by a single sentence. Ouch, ouch
Saaga2009-04-12 16:44:10
If all else fails, I'd suggest you do something completely different with Snaithy. Severe head trauma or the likes seems to be a popular way to spice things up these days.

And I love you too, ASHtinkybear.

EDIT: In essence, do what you really want to do, characters can and should develop over time! hug.gif
Jack2009-04-12 17:16:41
Yo, if you need anyone for the head trauma thing, I have a degree.
Ashteru2009-04-12 17:19:36
I think the degree from the janitor school isn't that prestige-laden.

Btw, log in on your monkalt so I can inclan, never caught you since you sent me the message.
Jack2009-04-12 17:20:43
Ha ha ha hshutupa.
Snaithy2009-04-12 19:01:54
QUOTE (Saaga @ Apr 12 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, you shouldn't care about Snaithy/Saaga "too" much - if rejoining Celest is what you want to do with Snaithy, then go ahead and do it! Aetherships are all nice and that, but without a proper crew it's... well, not as viable as well as lonely. The thing is, you should be able to enjoy Lusternia and bring your character where-ever you want to, in the limits of your character of course. If you've no incentive to play Snaithy at present, either take a proper break away from him and/or re-direct things a bit. Being a rogue in Lusternia has its limits - one cannot just harvest all the time and be content with it!

Yeah I think harvesting all the time burnt me out a bit. I'm most likely gonna take a break from Snaithy, which could co-incide with me moving home.
Zalandrus2009-04-12 19:30:53
Harvesting is one of those horridly mindless activities, even with gloves. I find it's only suitable for lectures, when I can have mush and microsoft word open at the same time, flipping back and forth as needed...
Snaithy2009-04-12 19:58:14
yeh I was coding some websites for a friend whilst I started it and harvesting about 10k herbs, but once that was done I found it quite hard to keep myself entertained.