Lendren Starfall

by Somaria

Back to Creative Arts.

Somaria2009-04-12 05:23:27

So, it's obviously not finished, but I've been experimenting with gradients and wanted to get opinions.
Reiha2009-04-12 05:24:53
I dig Lendren's emo hair and glasses.
Aison2009-04-12 05:29:20
Not diggin the emo hair.

Like the way the bird turned out though.
Narsrim2009-04-12 05:33:03
Where's my picture, dammit.
Somaria2009-04-12 05:36:27
QUOTE (Narsrim @ Apr 12 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really interact with you! @.@
Rika2009-04-12 05:40:14
That smile looks so creepy...

Where's Rika's?! Does she need to beat Somaria up more for "interaction"? tongue.gif
Casilu2009-04-12 05:47:17
QUOTE (Narsrim @ Apr 11 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found this video of you jumping someone on Nil as a Tahtetso.
Somaria2009-04-12 06:15:03
That poor child. @.@
Lendren2009-04-12 14:01:58
Looks like this one's on one of his elfen days. I like the background colors, the spectacles, and Giallyn, but I also don't think the hair seems quite right, nor the smile -- he's a cheerful person but this seems almost creepy.
Somaria2009-04-12 15:33:30
Is his hair thicker? More wild? I can't fix it with 'it's not quite right' tongue.gif

The smile was sort of a last minute addition so people didn't :censored: about a lack of a mouth. I was planning to lessen it.
Reiha2009-04-12 15:35:56
It's looks uber greasy to me because of the way the shine has been smudged.
Lendren2009-04-12 21:09:29
I'm not really sure. The highlighting doesn't seem right. I always saw Lendren in his youth as having a sort of slacker beatnik poet look about him, like he might if he were in our world have scuffed jeans and a skateboard and have that very intense look in his eyes and say the most pretentious and ridiculous bits of poetry with complete earnestness. Now that he's old and established, a grandfather and a celebrated author, his bangs aren't quite in his eyes so much, but he's not entirely square and staid, he's still got a hint of that youthful merriment and intensity that has survived through the mellowing that comes from actually figuring out his craft and getting fairly confident about it. I can picture it in my mind's eye, but I can't think of how better to describe it, and I certainly can't draw it. Sorry I'm not much help.
Kelysa2009-04-12 22:00:22
It is easter today, and the bird looks delicious.
Arix2009-04-13 08:51:37
I saw the second part of the thread title and two things popped into my head:

1: Wait, is Somaria a guy?
2: Wow, Somaria is really into Lendren
Somaria2009-04-14 04:00:40
1. No
2. Okay, so I'm secretly a fangirl.

Of a few Seren peoples.

Totally closet worshipper of Xiel, Lendren, Laysus, and Gregori.

They may hate me, but I love me some treehuggers!
Xanfinro2009-04-14 17:29:43
At first I didn't figure out what was next to him. Of course, after looking at it a minute it was obvious, but why does half the sparrow match the background?

Lendren looks like a character in a cartoon I saw once. I can't remember what his name was or where I saw it, but the resemblence is eerie. Also, please draw him with clothes on next time. Clothes are our friends. Kk?
Harkux2009-04-14 17:58:37
QUOTE (Xanfinro @ Apr 14 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At first I didn't figure out what was next to him. Of course, after looking at it a minute it was obvious, but why does half the sparrow match the background?

'So, it's obviously not finished, but I've been experimenting with gradients and wanted to get opinions. '
Lendren2009-04-14 20:07:10
I just hope the clothing isn't the rainbow sari that Kuroi used. Lendren doesn't dress as a girl nearly as often as some people I could name. Maybe it can be the new sherwani and kurta outfit he's got, but isn't wearing yet (his current robes are 53/52 so I have to use them until they give out). In case you want to use those, think India, and think layers:

QUOTE (silk kurta robes of creamy white)
Simple in design with a cut that is somewhat masculine but would still fit a woman, these long kurta robes, running from a high collar to just below the knee, are a soft, understated creamy white, adorned only with occasional checked patterns in neutral tones of gray and brown which serve more to provide a visual texture than true ornamentation. The cut is loose enough to allow extensive freedom of movement, and would provide better protection against heat than cold or inclement weather. Pearl buttons fit into loops up the front, allowing the robes to be closed all the way to the neck, while similar buttons affix a hood in a similar style to the back of the neck. The ensemble's simplicity makes it suitable for less formal occasions, but it would also serve as an effective backdrop for more colourful garments worn above it.

QUOTE (a sapphire blue sherwani coat embroidered in silver)
Carefully tailored and fitted in a squarish cut, this stylish coat in the sherwani style is a deep sapphire blue, rich and sumptuous. Elaborate embroidery in silver threading curls and twists over the entire surface of the robes, suggesting in its complex, symmetrical abstract patterns a hint of floral imagery. At the edges, gold stitching adds a contrast to both the blue of the silk, and the tracery of silver which curls through and tangles with the gold edging. Pearl buttons run from the high neck to the coat's end below the knee, concealed under a small flap of golden hem. Setting off the coat's stately air of wealth and formality, a narrow, sunny yellow scarf hangs over the shoulders down to below the hips, also traced through with elaborate silver stitching, and adding a stark contrast of complementary colours to the deep blue of the robes.

QUOTE (a richly embroidered golden silk cloak)
Silk of a dark golden hue, midway between the brown of mustard and the burnished gleam of gold, has been cut into a light cloak better suited to keeping out rain than cold. The cloak is light and thin enough to be comfortable even in warm weather, despite the slender threads of gold woven into the silk which add to its weatherproofing qualities. Elaborate, symmetrical embroidery covers the cloak in abstract floral patterns depicted in white and silver thread. The cloak's clasp is a hook and eye, each fashioned from gold in an abstract, elaborate floral design that seems to merge with, or emerge from, the embroidery.
Diamondais2009-04-14 20:36:21
QUOTE (Xanfinro @ Apr 14 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lendren looks like a character in a cartoon I saw once. I can't remember what his name was or where I saw it, but the resemblence is eerie. Also, please draw him with clothes on next time. Clothes are our friends. Kk?

Not in Serenwilde they aren't!
Somaria2009-04-15 03:34:57
I drew him naked!