Izekeal's 22 second win

by Unknown

Back to Combat Logs.

Unknown2009-04-20 14:37:55
Basically, just wondering what in the world happened here. :/ 22 seconds? I can't do a decent yawn in 22 seconds...

Ronny2009-04-20 14:41:26
Never applied health a single time. Splitting parry on critical head.

EDIT: Getting locked and system not knowing it. Sipped health so your sip threshold must be really high up.

EDIT2: Not curing dizziness so springup proned you again a few times.

EDIT3: Ignore all the above! Nothing right happened for you tongue.gif
Unknown2009-04-20 14:43:07
QUOTE (Ronny @ Apr 20 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never applied health a single time.

I meant other than that, since I figured my system was supposed to track that and simply failed. smile.gif
Unknown2009-04-20 14:48:58
I know that happened very fast, but the lack of certain curing is suspicious to me. Unless they've changed the messages (doubtful), it should be tracking and healing your wounds. Misconfiguration perhaps?

I've been meaning to add Green/Gedulah/etc curing, or at least messages, for those lock situations that are not otherwise possible to escape.

Just looks like a spot of bad luck, really, though.
Unknown2009-04-20 14:51:29
Okay, thank you. happy.gif
Ronny2009-04-20 14:55:53
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Apr 20 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that happened very fast, but the lack of certain curing is suspicious to me. Unless they've changed the messages (doubtful), it should be tracking and healing your wounds. Misconfiguration perhaps?

I've been meaning to add Green/Gedulah/etc curing, or at least messages, for those lock situations that are not otherwise possible to escape.

Just looks like a spot of bad luck, really, though.

Not really luck. Sipped health the one chance he had to apply (Sipping threshold set wrong?). Player not recognizing a lock when he diagnosed himself. System not using focus mind to clear dizziness so springup wouldn't fail.

EDIT: Curelock, not hardlock.
Desitrus2009-04-20 14:59:01
QUOTE (Brahms @ Apr 20 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically, just wondering what in the world happened here. :/ 22 seconds? I can't do a decent yawn in 22 seconds...

Dude what. That whole offense was parry/stance vulnerable. Haymaker doesn't autobypass, it certainly didn't paralyze you until the last hit, and then he just spams hack down while you don't stance or parry head. Either you have the defense module of whatever system off or... well I don't know the alternative but good lord if you don't bother taking any of the routes available to prevent dying to a warrior why even comment on how long it takes to die? It took him forever, you could have just bloody RAN at any point there, he didn't even break a leg of yours when you got proned with slit throat by dizzy.
Unknown2009-04-20 15:11:41
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Apr 20 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude what. That whole offense was parry/stance vulnerable. Haymaker doesn't autobypass, it certainly didn't paralyze you until the last hit, and then he just spams hack down while you don't stance or parry head. Either you have the defense module of whatever system off or... well I don't know the alternative but good lord if you don't bother taking any of the routes available to prevent dying to a warrior why even comment on how long it takes to die? It took him forever, you could have just bloody RAN at any point there, he didn't even break a leg of yours when you got proned with slit throat by dizzy.

I'm really not acquainted with warrior combat and what it takes to stop a warrior. :/ Simple ignorance.

EDIT: Oh and I always completely freeze up and forget about all my options when I see a wall of messages and realize I'm getting jumped. It's always like this. tongue.gif I need to get a grip.
Desitrus2009-04-20 15:20:31
QUOTE (Brahms @ Apr 20 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really not acquainted with warrior combat and what it takes to stop a warrior. :/ Simple ignorance.

EDIT: Oh and I always completely freeze up and forget about all my options when I see a wall of messages and realize I'm getting jumped. It's always like this. tongue.gif I need to get a grip.

Your basic defup should prioritize head and legs though, is what I'm telling you. Had you been on PARRY HEAD 100 before you left, which costs nothing, you'd have survived that hands down.
Unknown2009-04-20 15:24:27
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Apr 20 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your basic defup should prioritize head and legs though, is what I'm telling you. Had you been on PARRY HEAD 100 before you left, which costs nothing, you'd have survived that hands down.

I was on parry head 100. Treant defaults to stance legs and parry head 100, obviously, and it was most definitely on as, like you said, it's basic defup.
Unknown2009-04-20 15:27:09
No weapon to use for the parry? I'm not sure how a violin works without runes (or if you have runes on it).
Unknown2009-04-20 15:28:40
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Apr 20 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No weapon to use for the parry? I'm not sure how a violin works without runes (or if you have runes on it).

You are wielding a rose-vine violin in your left hand and a golden sunburst shield in your right hand.

That's how. tongue.gif
Desitrus2009-04-20 15:39:37
I can pretty much guarantee 100% that you weren't parrying. Maybe your script missed it, maybe being disabled missed it, or maybe something shifted it before this, but there is no way that parry head 100 was beaten without prone 10+ times in a row.
Unknown2009-04-20 16:23:14
The dizziness made him prone for every attack, from what I can tell. As for the initial attack, it's possible that the first hit is what stunned him and made him prone for the rest?
Desitrus2009-04-20 16:38:36
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Apr 20 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The dizziness made him prone for every attack, from what I can tell. As for the initial attack, it's possible that the first hit is what stunned him and made him prone for the rest?

Ear did for the haymaker. Spamming dirs into dizziness for prone and balance loss with never detecting it is pretty ugh.
Unknown2009-04-20 20:15:16
Possibly don't have shieldparry? Its a pretty low skill in combat but its possible ... would explain why theres no parrying.
Unknown2009-04-20 20:27:28
The "prone for every attack" is what I suspect preventing the parry and stance from helping. tongue.gif
Desitrus2009-04-20 20:53:32
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Apr 20 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "prone for every attack" is what I suspect preventing the parry and stance from helping. tongue.gif

Might try standing up!
Unknown2009-04-20 21:10:20
Thanks for the suggestion. As it turns out, Treant doesn't actually track the prone side effect of the dizziness. Oops?
Unknown2009-04-20 21:49:38
QUOTE (raikogen90 @ Apr 20 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possibly don't have shieldparry? Its a pretty low skill in combat but its possible ... would explain why theres no parrying.

Trans Combat. I'm not THAT much of a newb. sad.gif But thanks for trying. ^^