WIP

by Harkux

Back to Creative Arts.

Harkux2009-04-04 12:47:36
Decided I wanted to draw Aiyana. I never claimed to be able to draw.

Done on lined notebook paper, scanned, working on it with Twistedbrush Open, may start tinkering with GIMP, since I have it but haven't used it. I'm not liking the way it's coming out right now, I'm going to probably delete all the shading layers and start those over, it looks ucky to me. I may make the colors darker :/

Edit;;

Outline redone. About it right now.
Unknown2009-04-04 13:43:20
its don't has breasts. gregori will be disappointed sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Seriously, though, the front of the torso looks too flat.
Shaddus2009-04-04 13:44:28
QUOTE (Alacardael! @ Apr 4 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its don't has breasts. gregori will be disappointed sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Seriously, though, the front of the torso looks too flat.

Uh, she's a freaking furrikin. Who do you think she is, Somaria? hide.gif
Harkux2009-04-04 13:54:23
Ai doesn't really -have- breasts >_>;; Just fluff.
Ashteru2009-04-04 14:09:44
It looks pretty good, actually, though I am not sure, either her shoulders are too broad or her neck is too long, I can't put my finger on it.
Harkux2009-04-04 14:15:51
QUOTE (Ashteru @ Apr 4 2009, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks pretty good, actually, though I am not sure, either her shoulders are too broad or her neck is too long, I can't put my finger on it.

I saw that too, I couldn't quite figure out which one it was so I just rolled with it sad.gif Her shoulders were too small on the original drawing, so probably the later.

Edit;;;

An I seem to have screwed up the picture itself. Erk. I suppose I'll get to fixing it eventually, I give up for now x_x
Daganev2009-04-05 06:01:14
Not to be rude... but when I first saw the pic, I thought the tail were large armor/rock-like arms and that it was a chuby(sp?) type of chrachter, with a big head and small body. It took me a while for my eyes to adjust and see what it was meant to be.
Reiha2009-04-05 15:49:41
QUOTE (daganev @ Apr 4 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to be rude... but when I first saw the pic, I thought the tail were large armor/rock-like arms and that it was a chuby(sp?) type of chrachter, with a big head and small body. It took me a while for my eyes to adjust and see what it was meant to be.

Coloring will fix that. All the lines are the same thickness so it may be hard to see at first.

Also, I wouldn't say it's the shoulder or neck exactly, but the nape of the neck that's slanted too long.

Aiyana is cute, though happy.gif
Fania2009-04-05 17:38:18
Don't lose heart yet! You are doing well! The chain mail detracts from it. The rest of the lines look well thought out but those look like they were done too quickly. It will look nice when you colour it. The easiest way to colour it is to have your lines on a separate layer above, and colour underneath them. Keep it up, I want to see the finished piece.