All Those Smilies

by Parabollus

Back to The Funnies.

Parabollus2009-03-30 03:55:03
One thing I've noticed in my usage of this message board is that there are a broad range of emoticons/smilies to choose from. And I mean a LOT. Like, so many that there probably isn't ever going to be a way in anyone's lifetime to use them all. So I thought that maybe in order to use them all, we could play a little forum game that involves their usage.

Here's what I was thinking as far as the rules go:

1) Start your post off with three smilies. Can be any three you want.
2) Write up a little story involving the three smilies you chose. The smilies themselves are the characters. Use as few words as needed.
3) The next person to post continues the story of the previous poster, picking three new smilies to tell it.

Hopefully these are clear enough rules, but just to make sure, I'll start first!

merian.gif cloud9.gif tentacles.gif

There was once a merian smiley, who was swimming along as happy as can be. But then, out of nowhere, tentacles sprang forth, and then...

Next poster, hopefully you know what to do.
Celina2009-03-30 03:59:07
rip.gif
He died.

spectre.gif
And liched.

Edit: forgot a third.

ranting.gif
And Celenwilde was pissed.
Parabollus2009-03-30 04:34:54
bard.gif
So they called their best bards...
fireworks.gif
...to shoot fireworks in the air...
pileup.gif
...to announce a meeting which everyone attended.
Daganev2009-03-30 04:41:28
mellow.gif
Some at the meeting were pretty mellow.
huh.gif
Some at the meeting were just plain confused.

happy.gif
But one smiley was very content because ....
Parabollus2009-03-30 04:58:37
justcuz_cookies.gif
He recently ate cookies.
hypnotised.gif
Little did he know these cookies were mind-altering Tainted cookies...
explode.gif
And he promptly exploded.
Parabollus2009-04-01 02:43:37
Come on! Surely no one wants to see all these cute smilies go to waste? If you're having trouble finding the smiley you want, you can always Ctrl+F to find it after you bring up the smiley window.
Shaddus2009-04-01 03:00:04
When he woke up, he found out that he was really descended from a taedae.gif superninja.gif vampire.gif

Yes, that's right! A tae'dae superninja vampire!
Parabollus2009-04-01 04:45:41
When he realized this, the tae'dae wondered who the wondrous cookie chef was... cookie_chef.gif
But he was still at the meeting. When the kephera at the meeting saw the tae'dae Ninjakari vampire in their midst, they attacked. taedae_bees.gif
There was an epic battle... fight.gif
Vhaas2009-04-01 05:04:17
bananasword.gif Wielding the arts taught to him by Master Shaddus, the blood-sucking Tae'Dae quickly dispatched the Kephera mobs

grouphug.gif and soon found himself pitted against Celenwilde's more formidable warriors-

niknightsnz6.gif most fierce was Gregori and his band of Demigods!
Unknown2009-04-01 05:35:41
Oh my gosh! They have the Knights that say Ni!
Parabollus2009-04-02 01:21:24
smash.gif The tae'dae did much smashing, and victory was almost assured, until...
silentbutdeadly.gif One of the demigods farted.
Then the tae'dae made a quick exit. quickexit.gif
Unknown2009-04-02 01:27:06
taedae_run.gif
taedae2.gif
taedae_bees.gif
Shaddus2009-04-02 01:28:34
He ran down Alabaster road, running into a cow.gif or two. Once he came to Acknor, he saw an orc.gif :fishing in the Shallach. Using his leet sword.gif skills, he threw a shuriken.gif and stole the old orc.gif 's fishing pole.
Parabollus2009-04-02 01:32:12
QUOTE (Greleag @ Apr 1 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
taedae_run.gif
taedae2.gif
taedae_bees.gif

Erm...not quite what I had in mind, Greleag. I was hoping each smiley-filled post would be a continuation of the previous story. But that's amusing, nonetheless. smile.gif
Unknown2009-04-02 01:50:40
It is? Running Tae'dae, Tae'dae sees bee, Tae'dae is cornered by bees, dun dun dun dun... ?
Fania2009-04-02 01:55:17
QUOTE (Greleag @ Apr 1 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is? Running Tae'dae, Tae'dae sees bee, Tae'dae is cornered by bees, dun dun dun dun... ?

He's just a little black raincloud.
Parabollus2009-04-02 01:55:37
QUOTE (Greleag @ Apr 1 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh! I get it now. Sorry, took a minute to process it. And it actually does fit with Shaddus's post, we'll just say after being cornered by bees he runs along Alabaster road and steals the orc's fishing pole to fight off the bees. That works.

Anyway, please continue with the smiliage.
Parabollus2009-04-03 04:40:42
Armed with the orc's fishing pole, the tae'dae dueled the bees. mf_swordfight.gif
dust.gif When the dust settled, though...
nihilist.gif He came face to face with a mysterious figure, who looked like a typical Nihilist.
Unknown2009-04-03 05:37:13
But when the Nihilist removed his hood he revealed himself to be Gandalf the wizard.gif. The two argue.gif over whether or not Gandalf was an appropriate name for hours on end until a smoke.gif got involved.

The guide explained to the wizard that he was being a chicken.gif and needed to change his name ASAP. So the wizard suicide.gif.

Then the guide and the Tae'dae went to an Inn together and drinkbuds.gif and when things got too friendly they beatdeadhorse.gif . By the next morning it was the guide who had learned two things: Tae'dae are dead.gif and she had lobstrosity.gifs.
Parabollus2009-04-05 18:46:16
blink.gif
...And with the newly-acquired lobstrosity.gif s, she had the Lighten.gif of baiting the tentacles.gif monster that attacked the merian.gif in the first place, so dwarf.gif s could butcher.gif it. When she went to the location where the merian.gif die.gif d, however, she didn't find the monster, but the cookie_chef.gif ...

(Hehe, sorry, didn't quite know where to take that one, New World Fool.)