Artwork

by Serella

Back to Creative Arts.

Serella2009-03-22 00:21:20
Uhm. *nervous* So, because I require the validation of the forum masses, I've decided to post some of my artwork in this thread! Which will hopefully be drama-free.

I won't be submitting this to artisanals, because it's small and there are many many better artists out there. But I'd like to know opinions, and suggestions for other things to draw would be great. You can also post your description if you'd like me to draw your character (in my crappy style), though it may take a long time -needs moar practice-

It's supposed to be Maylea. Please to be ignoring the smudgy bluebells, I am terrible at backgrounds >.> Also, the pose is taken from here.

kiriwe2009-03-22 00:24:04
Why the heck wouldn't you submit this?
I mean, it's at least worth it to try! You don't lose anything for trying!

I like the smudgy bluebells, personally, because they don't take away from the focus of the picture, which is Maylea herself.

Are you finished with this piece, or are you still tweaking it?
Serella2009-03-22 00:44:56
Thank you muchly for the comments! I'm not sure if I can submit it to artisanals anymore, anyway, because I've already posted it.

I don't really consider a piece to ever be finished, since I'm always thinking of things to fix. I might add some sky to the background and make the hair more shiny?
kiriwe2009-03-22 01:31:19
I was actually going to suggest that on the arm that is bent, the crease is a little too deep, makes the arm look a little funny, and the other arm seems to be rotated in the socket, because it kind of looks like she is leaning on the back of her hand, from the way the elbow is drawn.
Krackenor2009-03-22 05:28:55
It looks good! I would definitely submit it. As Kiriwe said, you have nothing to lose, and a lot to potentially gain.
Fania2009-03-22 05:32:13
QUOTE (Serella @ Mar 21 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you muchly for the comments! I'm not sure if I can submit it to artisanals anymore, anyway, because I've already posted it.

I don't really consider a piece to ever be finished, since I'm always thinking of things to fix. I might add some sky to the background and make the hair more shiny?

You can actually submit it to the Artisanals. The Admins just want us to be careful about posting here. Especially if you do it just so that the judges will relate you to your work. You can probably even work on it some more before you do, because there is a lot of time before the contests closes this month. It's good to post here first if you really want help with your work.
Saaga2009-03-22 09:24:46
Well, I posted my Saaga on the character Artwork before submitting it and it ended up winning. I do think and hope the judges are mature enough to not let things such as this affect the judging. Indeed, the arm is a bit wonky, as well as the posture - she seems to be a bit too much... how do you say it, twisted from the pelvis/waistline - her posture looks a bit uncomfortable as a result. Also, her face is not as symmetrical as it could be, but that doesn't disturb me quite as much.

However, the colours are very beautiful and I am especially fond of her hair!
Unknown2009-03-22 12:05:09
I must say, I rather like the smudgy bluebells. Gives the picture a very surreal and dream-like feel to it.