Isuka vs. Celina, again.

by Isuka

Back to Combat Logs.

Isuka2009-03-22 23:30:26
NoGFX log. It's a long one.

By the way, anyone know why NoGFX likes to screw with your tags? I notice frequently while I'm looking though that it'll exclude lines, not print my prompt, or (like in this entire log) strip my extra additions to the prompt. Also, it jacks with my colors.

Is there a recommended way to log on MUSH to get it to look right on NoGFX?
Vathael2009-03-22 23:50:35
I personally think the raze alert when rebounding drops doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Glamours trigs need some work. I think Celina trying to force you to sip vitae after you've already been using power attacks on her is lulz. Not sure about the logs since I use zmud.
Xiel2009-03-23 00:11:26
Still not seeing why you're not using love potion on someone dependent on an enemy list.
Isuka2009-03-23 00:22:27
QUOTE (Vathael @ Mar 22 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally think the raze alert when rebounding drops doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Glamours trigs need some work. I think Celina trying to force you to sip vitae after you've already been using power attacks on her is lulz. Not sure about the logs since I use zmud.

Yeah, I actually had no trigger for glamours. That's added now.

The raze thing was just a misplacement of the Note, it'll only come up when rebounding comes up now, not both when it comes up and goes down.
Isuka2009-03-23 00:24:10
QUOTE (Xiel @ Mar 22 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still not seeing why you're not using love potion on someone dependent on an enemy list.

Mostly because I don't know how it works.
Vathael2009-03-23 00:26:48
Love potion is like a lust tarot on a tick but works both ways, can lust yourself to the other person which would add you to their ally list and remove from enemies or lust that person to yourself making you ally them instead of enemy. You being a warrior it doesn't affect you a whole lot to use it against a bard. Just have to keep in mind that it's considered an affliction and allheale can heal it so you have to keep track of it.
Celina2009-03-23 00:30:37
QUOTE (Vathael @ Mar 22 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It never hurts to try sad.gif
Shaddus2009-03-23 00:30:49
What he's saying is this. Her offensive songs only hits personal enemies. If you sip love, it makes people around you randomly lust after you, forcefully making them ally you. So she would have to waste balance every so often to reject you so that her songs would hit you again.
Isuka2009-03-23 00:43:21
Fair enough. I'll have to make a note to turn off coldaura and sip love.
Ronny2009-03-23 02:40:07
Ack! Now you're cleaving on every attack.
Isuka2009-03-23 04:48:52
QUOTE (Ronny @ Mar 22 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ack! Now you're cleaving on every attack.

Yeah, I altered my autoraze script and didn't alter the function calls to it, so both seeing the shield drop and raise set the script to raze. Didn't realize it until afterwards.
Celina2009-03-23 05:55:30
QUOTE (Isuka @ Mar 22 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I altered my autoraze script and didn't alter the function calls to it, so both seeing the shield drop and raise set the script to raze. Didn't realize it until afterwards.

*starts making a "how to break Isuka's system" list*

You know...just in case.
Isuka2009-03-23 06:04:00
QUOTE (Celina @ Mar 22 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*starts making a "how to break Isuka's system" list*

You know...just in case.

aaaaaand I'm done sparring Celina for a while. quickexit.gif
Jack2009-03-23 06:13:24
Obviously that's just a precaution, in case you ever switch orgs or go berserk! Like how Batman keeps kryptonite on hand. You never know.
Tael2009-03-23 14:17:25
It looks like you got killed from Octave and Hunger. You should highlight when you're being prevented from curing auric afflictions. That is usually a queue to spam tackle the next time you eat earwort so you can get both you and the Bard out of it. A prolonged fight in Octave is going to kill you, period. You should also try to utilize conscienceness in Athletics or Invoke Orange if you're Lowmagic. They cost like.. 1 power, but it's usually a small amount and it'll prevent you from passing out until the Caco strips it. It'll keep you alive should you not have any food on you.

You did alright with what you had at your disposal. Pureblade isn't an easy spec to use by any means, especially if you're unruned.

EDIT: And right. Use Love potion. It's your best friend against a Bard.

EDIT2: Consci in Athletics doesn't cost power. Just have to turn it back on. It takes no eq to do so.
Isuka2009-03-23 14:49:02
QUOTE (Tael Talnara @ Mar 23 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like you got killed from Octave and Hunger. You should highlight when you're being prevented from curing auric afflictions. That is usually a queue to spam tackle the next time you eat earwort so you can get both you and the Bard out of it. A prolonged fight in Octave is going to kill you, period. You should also try to utilize conscienceness in Athletics or Invoke Orange if you're Lowmagic. They cost like.. 1 power, but it's usually a small amount and it'll prevent you from passing out until the Caco strips it. It'll keep you alive should you not have any food on you.

You did alright with what you had at your disposal. Pureblade isn't an easy spec to use by any means, especially if you're unruned.

EDIT: And right. Use Love potion. It's your best friend against a Bard.

EDIT2: Consci in Athletics doesn't cost power. Just have to turn it back on. It takes no eq to do so.

I forgot about consciousness in athletics, that would have been a smart move.

After looking over the logs, it wasn't so much hunger that killed me (though it did make it much harder to keep my offense up), it was octave and blanknote. Celina timed blanknote nearly perfectly, and for the last three or four times i was only able to stay deaf for about two seconds before blank note hit again. I wasn't able to shake off recklessness and got killed from CarillonKnell + mana barbs and ego vice.

I had to ask what was stopping me from curing, afterwards, too. Now that I know what octave does, I've added it to my system not to try to cure until I'm either deaf, or out of the room. I'll also be making better use of tackle to get me out of Octave. The question I have is: what stops tackle from working? Also: is there a line of text that tells you that you've left octave, or am I going to have to look for other clues?

What else can I do to stop a bard from hitting me? Slitthroat (if I can ever pull it off)? I noticed that she kept dropping her instrument when I paralyzed the left side, does the music continue even if she's not wielding?
Shiri2009-03-23 14:51:21
Tackle seems like an awkward idea since Celina is a titan. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong ability, it hits summon resistance, meaning it won't work on her 9/10.
Isuka2009-03-23 14:53:58
QUOTE (Shiri @ Mar 23 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tackle seems like an awkward idea since Celina is a titan. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong ability, it hits summon resistance, meaning it won't work on her 9/10.

I need to test that. I didn't realize that tackle could be resisted so easily.
Ronny2009-03-23 15:11:59
Not that you forgot about consciousness. The song passively strips it so you have to put it up.
Celina2009-03-23 19:37:22
QUOTE (Isuka @ Mar 23 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I forgot about consciousness in athletics, that would have been a smart move.

After looking over the logs, it wasn't so much hunger that killed me (though it did make it much harder to keep my offense up), it was octave and blanknote. Celina timed blanknote nearly perfectly, and for the last three or four times i was only able to stay deaf for about two seconds before blank note hit again. I wasn't able to shake off recklessness and got killed from CarillonKnell + mana barbs and ego vice.

I had to ask what was stopping me from curing, afterwards, too. Now that I know what octave does, I've added it to my system not to try to cure until I'm either deaf, or out of the room. I'll also be making better use of tackle to get me out of Octave. The question I have is: what stops tackle from working? Also: is there a line of text that tells you that you've left octave, or am I going to have to look for other clues?

What else can I do to stop a bard from hitting me? Slitthroat (if I can ever pull it off)? I noticed that she kept dropping her instrument when I paralyzed the left side, does the music continue even if she's not wielding?

If a bard is not moving, you can generally assume they are sitting in octave. It has lines for when octave is set, up I don't believe other people can see when octave is released. It's just whenever the bard moves, you know octave is gone.

Large size stops tackle from working, and I'm size 23.

If I am prone or have both arms messed up, I can't used music/glamours. I had to create a trigger to rewield, that was annoying, but my music keeps going even if I drop my violin. I just can't refrain until I rewield or use any type of music.