The Web of Darkness

by Gregori

Back to Combat Logs.

Gregori2009-03-15 09:18:01
Where is the EG Envoy when passive SD mana drain is out of hand hmmm hmm?

Anyways here is the log in Viravains's GodRealm. Suffer without colour, Xiel! wub.gif
Unknown2009-03-15 09:32:45
There were two times your mana didn't go down for some reason.

Otherwise, yeah, 1800 mana a tick seems excessive.
Shryke2009-03-15 09:34:05
Double mana drain from Harbinger song.

This log is misleading.
Furien2009-03-15 09:51:37
Pretty much, yeah.

The clotspam and killstealing with Gore as funny, though. Not that I'm no less guilty. :>
Xiel2009-03-15 09:52:55
Some people like to just pick on my want for pretty things. ._.

wub.gif For the log, though 3.6k mana gone in two tics sounds all sorts of painful.
Gregori2009-03-15 09:56:58
Fine, nerf the song. Double mana drain is ridiculous. The raid on EtherGlom was the same way. They walk into the room and mana is insta red. Talan could have instatoaded me 3 or 4 times over during all that.

Like Xiel said 3.6k mana in 6 seconds is all kinds of painful.

Shiri2009-03-15 09:57:53
I don't know how bad your gut wounds were, but your autosipper was applying on 1k mana against an SD + harb...awkward. ninja.gif
Shryke2009-03-15 10:00:01
The song is definitely the problem.

It'll take a lot of work on Harbingers to balance them without it though. That's their key song. I recommend making it not effect the following skills: Lash, Succumb, Amissio.
Ronny2009-03-15 10:03:09
Think he was sipping mana the whole time and just using medbag for gut wounds.

EDIT: I didn't know they used the same balance! Sorry.
Unknown2009-03-15 13:24:01
Nerf NightshadeBlues. Srsly.

And, don't eat coltsfoot when you're in a real fight! It's not too bad when you're just hunting or influencing, but when you're fighting, you're giving up two balances (and Treant doesn't track the herb balance loss because it's coltsfoot). tongue.gif
Unknown2009-03-15 14:11:51
1. Xiel didn't captivate you guys, and you weren't deaf. Songs were hitting instantly.

2. Xenthos was also stacking bleeding attacks. You lost a -lot- of mana to clotting.

3. Talan's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
» Succumb! Watch mana!
Chanting dark words Talan points towards you, sending a shiver up your spine.
4764h, 3691m, 5993e, 10p, 22115en, 27000w elrxkbp<>-

You take a drink from an emerald vial.
Your mind feels stronger and more alert.
5095h, 3558m, 6057e, 8p, 22085en, 26824w elrkb<>-

Your mana sip is not exactly small. If you are going to quote a high number for succumb, it should be noted that the curing sip is also high.

4. I'll agree that it's a pretty high amount, but nightshadeblues is, as mentioned, a core skill and it's a high stanza, which means it's essentially dead when your side's bard (as Xiel did) fugues. As Ciaran said, adjusting bard skills is not an easy process. I won't say that the skill by itself is instantly OP, though - you entered the fight making it easy for Urazial. His songs were merrily hitting you without any effort on his part.

Perhaps a look at what all nsb hits wouldn't be out of line. I was under the impression it was just skills you yourself did, such as clot, focus, and not afflictions. Feel free to envoy it to make that the case, since it seems perfectly reasonable and would be a quick and easy band-aid for it.
Xenthos2009-03-15 14:20:21
QUOTE (Gregori @ Mar 15 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is the EG Envoy when passive SD mana drain is out of hand hmmm hmm?

He's currently in the process of saying "passive drain is already far better for Wiccans than Guardians and Toadcurse REALLY DOES NOT NEED TO BE UPGRADED TO BE EVEN CLOSER TO AN INSTA-KILL".

Hopefully you agree at this point! happy.gif
Unknown2009-03-15 15:12:32
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Mar 15 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps a look at what all nsb hits wouldn't be out of line. I was under the impression it was just skills you yourself did, such as clot, focus, and not afflictions. Feel free to envoy it to make that the case, since it seems perfectly reasonable and would be a quick and easy band-aid for it.

I think I can safely say that the mana loss is doubled for everything, whether it's a mana draining attack or you doing something yourself. That's what really makes it such a great ability.
Unknown2009-03-15 15:24:44
Eh, including minorsixth? Somehow I don't think this is the case, but I'll test.
Xenthos2009-03-15 15:25:34
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Mar 15 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, including minorsixth? Somehow I don't think this is the case, but I'll test.

Including Minorsixth, yes. That's why Harbingers do much more damage with it & barbs.
Shiri2009-03-15 15:27:28
Yep, definitely including minorsixth. Rather than increasing mana cost like a reverse magi crown, it increases mana loss on everything.
Unknown2009-03-15 15:42:02
Nifty to find out (I thought all bards gave out that type of damage when affs were stuck). Point still stands, Xiel didn't captivate/Gregori wasn't deaf, so the songs instantly hit. I don't think it's entirely fair to just claim "OPNerf" when they weren't even defending against it.
Unknown2009-03-15 16:31:55
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Mar 15 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nifty to find out (I thought all bards gave out that type of damage when affs were stuck). Point still stands, Xiel didn't captivate/Gregori wasn't deaf, so the songs instantly hit. I don't think it's entirely fair to just claim "OPNerf" when they weren't even defending against it.

Serenwilde is used to a slaughter, not a fight, when it comes to Glomdoring. Maybe they just forgot? laugh.gif
Narsrim2009-03-15 16:50:19
Hrm. Is this a serious complaint? My sarcasm radar is in the shop. Gregori lacked deafness. He lacked captivate. He was fighting a group of people, which included a Harbinger and a Shadowdancer. After his mana started falling, he still didn't put up deafness to cancel out Nightshade Blues.

Are we nerfing treelife again when people suddenly forget about protection scrolls?

Narsrim2009-03-15 16:54:16
QUOTE (Shryke @ Mar 15 2009, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The song is definitely the problem.

It'll take a lot of work on Harbingers to balance them without it though. That's their key song. I recommend making it not effect the following skills: Lash, Succumb, Amissio.

Why? I was under the impression the purpose of many bard songs are to synergize with other abilities. I'll give you an example. I have level 3 health regeneration. I have harmony regeneration. When I fight with Xiel and it's the right season, he passively heals me for 1500 health every 10 seconds. On top of this if we are in a forest, I could also get increased sipping potency and faster sipping balance.

Most bards get some form of "crazy," it's just not always apparent. I usually don't have to ever sip health fighting with Xiel during summer. I've had 4-5 people beating on me that couldn't overcome my regeneration/passive healing. Oh and throw in a Stag Totem too just for giggles.