A new home

by Unknown

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Unknown2009-03-07 21:28:57
My character is in a tough situation right now, I was just wondering about his options.

My ties with the y'Kaliath family have left a sour taste in the mouths of a few Magnagorians. So much in fact it seems I will be booted from the ur'Guard. After that, who knows.

As much as I hate to leave Magnagora ( OOCLY and ICLY I have really enjoyed the RP and the players) it looks like I have no other option but to leave because my character is naturally disciplined and will be in search of another Warrior Guild, which as you know Magnagora doesn't have another.

I'm assuming my chances of getting into Serenwilde or Celest are slim to none either because of the same reasons but it doesn't hurt to ask. I thought I would just throw this out there and get a little perspective on my situation to consider my options.

Thanks.

kiriwe2009-03-07 21:37:17
It's so silly.
You are an excellent, hard-working, driven citizen, but because of a name they are going to shoot themselves in the foot.
Unknown2009-03-07 21:39:33
It's IC reasons so I understand. No hard feelings either.
Nariah2009-03-07 21:40:25
I don't see Kiriwe being thrown out anywhere, don't see why you would be either. You will just be getting attitude about it continuously because instead of keeping it a private part of your life, you attempted to bring it to the fore. Not to give away too much but the direct reason of the talk you refer to, was a talk you had with someone else before.

You worry prematurely.
Unknown2009-03-07 21:50:00
The talks I'm basing this on was a talk I had with a ur'Guard, who gave me the choice of leaving family or leaving ur'Guard. After leaving the ur'Guard my character couldn't stay for many reasons. Punished by association, it sucks but it happens. Just let me stick to my dysfunctional family damnit!!!! ha ha. It's fine though, like I said no hard feelings as it's stuck on an IC level which I appreciate.
Unknown2009-03-07 21:53:32
Glomdoring has warriors...
Unknown2009-03-07 21:55:54
Glomdoring has warriors...

I figured that was out of the question. I heard Som's really screwed over Glom when she left
Nariah2009-03-07 21:56:03
Yes, I know which.

People use different techniques to get their way, some work out, some don't - doesn't mean they actually pull through with it. As I said to someone earlier - we don't discard useful tools, we sharpen or blunt them, we try to reforge them or shape them. Cease worrying, I won't part with my official Spikinator. nil_girl.gif
Unknown2009-03-07 22:01:35
QUOTE (Grigoloth @ Mar 7 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured that was out of the question. I heard Som's really screwed over Glom when she left

Dark Marshall: Talan
Divine Patron: Nocht, the Silent
Shadow Court: Synl, Kundu, Nadjia, Jonas, and Urazial
Divine Pantheon: Viravain, Nocht, and Shikari
Ambassador: Mikalia
Minister of Power: Saaga
Treasurer: Xenthos
Steward: Synl
Minister of Trade: Mihewi
Chancellor: Exeryte
Minister of Cultural Affairs: Sadhyra
Librarian: Amani

Chancellors: Exeryte, Amatsemaru, Eliron, and Janalon
Teachers in realm: Yoruk, Nedas, Tynghall, Nyir, and Sidd

^bolded are y'Kaliaths... Not to mention Tau, as well.
Rika2009-03-07 22:06:29
Sadhyra doesn't count! tongue.gif
Unknown2009-03-07 22:17:33
sad.gif

....your face doesn't count. NYAH.
Dai2009-03-07 22:38:42
I'd listen to Nariah, you might just be blowing this out of proportion and be worrying for no reason. (If you do switch to a different warrior guild, though, keep in mind that Paladins are generally more like ur'Guard in terms of discipline, honor, etc. The Ebonguard and especially the Serenguard are more like tribal warriors, organised in a brotherhood.)
Unknown2009-03-07 22:56:33
I think it would be ridiculous to remove Grigoloth because of his family name. As has been pointed out, I've only ever seen Grigoloth work hard to help the city, it would be ridiculous to kick out someone like that when we're pretty low and there's more than a bit of apathy in the air. But I really have no control over this, so I'll just be indignant in the background if it does happen.
Shaddus2009-03-08 00:01:49
Uh, yeah.

We're not getting rid of either of you. Especially the Spikinator, or whatever Nariah called you. Just RP it out, you aren't going anywhere.

Besides, I spoke to you on that.
Fania2009-03-08 02:25:03
I think it would be really stupid if they threw you out because of your name either way. It's just wrong. I could say "Come to Celest" but that wont solve any of your problems. I hope you can work it out.
Vhaas2009-03-08 08:18:07
Just to say, Grigoloth, you ever do decide to run away... count me in.

We'll be roommates in a dark fantasy sitcom!

Sir Roper says, "Not in my aethermanse!"
Grig Trooper says, "I swear, it will be completely platonic."
Sir. Roper asks, "What's that mean?"
Fania Roper says, "Like you and me, Stanley."

*AUDIENCE LAUGHTER*
Somaria2009-03-08 16:16:04
I really love how disliked the name is because of one person (me). I think It's seriously hilarious, even though I'm pretty disgusted with the level it's dropped to in order to try and pry Grigoloth away.

But what I really love, is how loyal 99% of the family is. Even Mihewi, Kiriwe, and Grigoloth who have seen the more abusive side of Somaria. As characters, I've no idea if it's because Som's brainwashed them without realizing it, or if it's just to be loyal to the name itself, but OOCly, I appreciate the unwavering support I see from them towards the family as a whole.

It's all about the rp for me, though. While banning an entire family from a guild or org seems a bit much for the actions Somaria took in the past, especially with her new attitude towards all of the orgs in general, i.e. trying to get unenemied and open the doors for citizenship; excluding Glomdoring (Whom Somaria will never forgive)... Although it seems a bit much, if that's how petty and strongly so and so feels over it, and they seriously want to fight for it due to their own selfish reasoning (and it is selfish), then Magnagora is losing two wonderfully talented roleplayers, and one potentially talented combatant.

The y'Kaliath only recruit the most talented, despite all the BS bad names we get. If you want to toss away these people, who I've come to respect and adore as friends, it's completely your loss.
Vhaas2009-03-08 21:07:26
I have my doubts that if talk comes to action (and Shaddus and Nariah already said they seriously doubted it would) that the Admin will allow customers to be ousted based on their benign IC relationship to an organization enemy (if that's all it is).

It's good roleplay, but bad business in a game where so much is at stake. It would upset the more moody players and paying customers and spell destruction for the player retention they need.

Has this sort of thing has happened before? I was told that Glomdoring was came down upon hard for RP'd alienation.
kiriwe2009-03-08 21:15:20
QUOTE (Vhaas @ Mar 8 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have my doubts that if talk comes to action (and Shaddus and Nariah already said they seriously doubted it would) that the Admin will allow customers to be ousted based on their benign IC relationship to an organization enemy (if that's all it is).

It's good roleplay, but bad business in a game where so much is at stake. It would upset the more moody players and paying customers and spell destruction for the player retention they need.

Has this sort of thing has happened before? I was told that Glomdoring was came down upon hard for RP'd alienation.

It happens all the time.
You hang out with our city/commune's enemy? DISFAVOR
Still hanging out with them? DISFAVOR
Caught you again! OUSTED

There's nothing wrong with it. It just sucks : )
Shaddus2009-03-08 21:15:44
QUOTE (Somaria @ Mar 8 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
excluding Glomdoring (Whom Somaria will never forgive)...

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this.

You will never forgive Glomdoring?

ROFL