Tynghall and Amatsemaru

by Kante

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Kante2009-03-04 05:00:36
Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow shouts, "Senseless shouting needs to cease now."

You tell Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow, "You may have control over Moralis, Keeper. But not over the entire Basin."

Amatsemaru tells you, "Excuse me?"

You tell Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow, "My point being, your voice is just another adding to the noise. I doubt it will silence the others."

A short rumble of thunder and a brief flash of light herald the arrival of Matsumi from the ether.

Using her tongue and the roof of her mouth, Amatsemaru makes a quiet clicking noise as she stares at you.

You get up off a wicker rocking chair.

You bow respectfully to Amatsemaru.

You say, "Darkest of tidings, Keeper."

With a sibilant hiss, Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Indeed, servant."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says to you, "What possessed you to give you the gull to speak to me that way?"

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say, "I was respectful, Keeper."

Waving her hand, Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Hardly."

You say, "I was simply stating what I thought to be a fact."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says to you, "You're quite opinionated, my dear right-hand."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow examines her talons slightly before looking up at you with abnormally crimson eyes.

You say, "Indeed I am. However, unlike many of the others around us, I am competent."

Biting almost sensously into her lower lip, Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "You believe so?"

You smirk.

You say, "I know it is true."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Do not mistake competance for arrogance."

You say, "Hardly."

You say, "Though I am a stickler for both."

Amatsemaru steps up to you and, in one smooth motion, backhands you viciously across the face.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Quit the backtalk, Servant. Or I shall have your head."

You have emoted: Tynghall grins widely as he begins to snicker to himself, the soft laughter soon growing into full-blown, uproarious mirth.

Amatsemaru narrows her eyes to thin slits.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "What is funny?"

You say, "I have a...twisted sense of humour."

You say, "Nonetheless, you know I have the utmost respect for you, Keeper."

You say, "And you KNOW that I am competent. Take praise where praise is due, and take criticism the same, lest you wind up like Celina."

You say to Amatsemaru, "And I like you, and enjoy you FAR too much to see you turn into THAT."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow steps up to you, pressing her body slightly against yours, her talons running slowly over your cheek.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Oh?"

You have emoted: Tynghall quickly nods, a wicked grin displayed upon his features.

Dripping water echoes in the distance.

Tilting her head slightly, her talon moving to your chin, Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "What?"

You say, "I am simply humoured by the fact that you are so...difficult to figure out."

You say, "You seem to enjoy the sound of your own voice, as of late, much like Celina. However, there seems to be much more to you."

You say, "Something that doesn't make you a complete...BITCH, like Celina."

You say, "I simply can't pinpoint it."

You say, "Most mortals...they are easy to read, easy to manipulate."

You say, "But YOU, Keeper. You display different colours at every turn. I do not know what to make of you."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow grins wickedly.

You say, "I think I know, but I can only assume. And assuming is for a fool."

You say, "And I am NOT a fool."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "A lot has changed since I was a Nihilist, before I was Keeper."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says to you, "Tell me what you believe happened that you seem to view me as self-absorbed."

You say, "That, I cannot tell you. For even I do not know."

You say, "I simply perceive in this instance, I am not able to deduct anything."

You say, "And that, Keeper, says a lot about your intracacies."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "So you compare me to Celina?"

You say, "Hardly."

You say, "You are actually intelligent."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "But aside from that, I am Celina?"

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Because like her, i enjoy the sound of my own voice."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "As you said yourself, Tynghall."

You say, "There are similarities, but not enough to link you two."

You sit yourself down on a wicker rocking chair and make yourself comfortable.

You begin rocking back and forth on a wicker rocking chair.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "I see."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Well, rest assured, you are my favourite and forever will be."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow smiles impishly and says to you, "Unless of course you make me unfavourite you."

You wave your hand dismissively.

Amatsemaru raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You say, "Impossible."

A wry smile spreads across Amatsemaru's face.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Good."

Amatsemaru strokes you tenderly.

You will now be known as Servant Tynghall, Herald of Amatsemaru, by order of Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Unless of course you do not wish the title any longer?"

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

You say, "If I grow altogether tired of it, I will alert you. It simply acts as an outward display, nothing more."

You say, "And for that, I thank you."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says to you, "My right-hand deserves nothing less."

You get up off a wicker rocking chair.

You say to Amatsemaru, "No wonder I'm so damned arrogant."

You say, "You always stroke my ego."

A wry smile spreads across your face.

The smell of decay assaults your nostrils.

Amatsemaru bestows her guildfavour on you.

You say to Amatsemaru, "You are indeed benevolent, Keeper."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "And you know no one more benevolent than I."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says to you, "I expect you to continue to work to please me."

Amatsemaru's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says to you, "As you've always done."

You say, "I know you would not expect any less of me, nor do I expect any less of myself."

Amatsemaru pets you ingratiatingly.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Indeed."

Deven has been shocked into an early grave by Globglob Mesherbrub.

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

You say, "About time that pathetic bastard died..."

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "Which?"

You say, "Deven."

You say, "He attacked me once without provocation."

Amatsemaru waves her hand dismissively.

Keeper Amatsemaru d'Murani, the Golden Crow says, "I must attend to Dowapaa. Excuse me."

You nod your head emphatically.

Amatsemaru, riding Matsumi, the Raiju, vanishes before your eyes, scattered by the forest breeze.
Matsumi strides out to the ether, the previously sparking air now noticeably clear.
Somaria2009-03-04 05:44:05
It was alright..
Celina2009-03-04 06:05:42
I thought it was interesting.

...but why was my name brought up so much?!
Kante2009-03-04 06:38:37
QUOTE (Celina @ Mar 4 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was interesting.

...but why was my name brought up so much?!

Because your character is the quintessential "I like to hear myself talk" sort. And the way Amat's character was acting, reminded me of Celina.

It was a long-ass while back, but Tyngh WAS Celina's apprentice of sorts, even if I did stop playing Lusternia for awhile shortly thereafter.
Unknown2009-03-04 06:48:40
Tynghall's character is hilarious! I like that.
Kante2009-03-04 06:51:29
QUOTE (Grigoloth @ Mar 4 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tynghall's character is hilarious! I like that.

What makes you say that, out of curiosity?
Unknown2009-03-04 06:54:08
I just want you to know, I really dislike the smirk emote, and Tynghall apparently loves it. Back when your tongue was removed by Fain (Caerulo didn't know this), and all you did was smirk, it took all of my and Caerulo's willpower to not backhand or slap you. Just saying.
Kante2009-03-04 06:56:00
QUOTE (Caerulo @ Mar 4 2009, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want you to know, I really dislike the smirk emote, and Tynghall apparently loves it. Back when your tongue was removed by Fain (Caerulo didn't know this), and all you did was smirk, it took all of my and Caerulo's willpower to not backhand or slap you. Just saying.

Well, Tynghall's a self-righteous, arrogant asshole who rarely smiles. So the smirk fits, methinks. Also, I find that to be hilarious.

Edit: Just now noticed that I had tagged "Just saying" to the end of my post. I didn't mean that as a jab at you, Cae. Sorry. suspicious.gif
Unknown2009-03-04 07:03:42
What makes you say that, out of curiosity?

I find his outspoken nature hilarious and you portray his arrogance great. I love how he can insult someone, then later on in the same conversation make it seem he's actually complimenting them in the end, and they buy it! Good work

Kante2009-03-04 07:04:13
QUOTE (Grigoloth @ Mar 4 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find his outspoken nature hilarious and you portray his arrogance great. I love how he can insult someone, then later on in the same conversation make it seem he's actually complimenting them in the end, and they buy it! Good work

wub.gif
Amatsemaru2009-03-04 16:56:52
I love reading back at this and hoofing myself in the head simply because the RP I was trying to do wasn't working as well as I wanted it to.

See, Amatsemaru performed a ritual to show off some ancient crow magics she was practicing. Well, it went wrong and some giant, ancient crow possessed her and causes a multiple personality disorder thing. So, yeah, she is a collective so to speak but I'm obviously not playing it very well. sad.gif
Kante2009-03-04 17:05:20
QUOTE (Amatsemaru @ Mar 4 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love reading back at this and hoofing myself in the head simply because the RP I was trying to do wasn't working as well as I wanted it to.

See, Amatsemaru performed a ritual to show off some ancient crow magics she was practicing. Well, it went wrong and some giant, ancient crow possessed her and causes a multiple personality disorder thing. So, yeah, she is a collective so to speak but I'm obviously not playing it very well. sad.gif

It will come with a bit more practice. Your best bet, is to plot out what you have in mind, and make some basic "things" that each personality does. Maybe associate a different colour with each personality, even. For instance, evil personality 1 really likes red, so she wears red things when in evil personality 1 mode. Mirthful personality 2 really likes blue, so she wears a lot of blue while in mirthful personality 2 mode. Obviously, it's a very...rough idea, but if you want to see it succeed, just do like I said and sit down and plan things out a little.
Unknown2009-03-06 16:12:47
I got the sense that they were lovers (or perhaps Amat is one of those semi-cliche "sexy woman who seduces her followers" type leaders), both of which rather surprised me, as I had never gotten that impression from her before. It might be the RP backfiring a bit, without context to see it in. Part of that impression definitely arose from how quickly she turned to physical touch to establish both dominance and approval - if that's not what you were going for, consider adding more actions to make the buildup to touch like that a more gradual and subtle thing.

Overall, though, it was a good read. I like how much RP there is tucked away in the halls and houses in Glom.
Rika2009-03-06 18:32:55
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Mar 7 2009, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the sense that they were lovers (or perhaps Amat is one of those semi-cliche "sexy woman who seduces her followers" type leaders), both of which rather surprised me, as I had never gotten that impression from her before.

Pretty much.
Krackenor2009-03-06 20:33:53
For collectives, there's always the ever-popular Ixchilgal 'we'
Amatsemaru2009-03-06 22:52:23
QUOTE (rika @ Mar 6 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much.

What is that supposed to mean? sad.gif
Amatsemaru2009-03-06 22:55:02
QUOTE (Krackenor @ Mar 6 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For collectives, there's always the ever-popular Ixchilgal 'we'

Yeah, Ixchilgal plays it well, too! tongue.gif