Roleplay help

by Dai

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Dai2009-03-03 21:41:05
Okay, after being away from the game for a long while, I'm returning to play full-time. I've narrowed down my guild choices and decided to stick with the place I joined originally in October 2004: namely, the Nihilists. I've made a character, I'm sending off for some credits soon, I'm essentially set. Except I'm not sure what I want to play my character as. A beautiful but arrogant sadistic viscanti who follows Nifilhema? A sociopathic loboshigaru who follows Ashtorath? An obsidian lucidian who follows Baalphegar (and Fain)? I'm stumped by the possibilities. So I was wondering if any of you guys had ideas?
Daganev2009-03-03 21:51:41
1. A beautiful but arrogant sadistic viscanti who follows Nifilhema?
2. A sociopathic loboshigaru who follows Ashtorath?
3. An obsidian lucidian who follows Baalphegar (and Fain)?
I'm stumped by the possibilities. So I was wondering if any of you guys had ideas?

1d3=1

Go with the Viscanti
Kiradawea2009-03-03 21:55:50
No, enough with the 1s and 3s. Sociopaths are all to few from what I've seen. Everyone and their mother seems to want to either be some deep dark mysterious person, or some arrogant Viscanti nobility. Where did all the easy, straightforward types go?
kiriwe2009-03-03 22:00:16
Viscanti - Nifilhema seems like the sexiest idea, to me anyway. : )
Shaddus2009-03-03 22:11:10
QUOTE (Kiradawea @ Mar 3 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did all the easy, straightforward types go?

That's me.
Kiradawea2009-03-03 22:13:04
Good, but it still seems to me that everyone and their dog wants to be a Viscanti Nifilhema snob. It's gotten a bit old I think.
Shaddus2009-03-03 22:17:06
QUOTE (Kiradawea @ Mar 3 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good, but it still seems to me that everyone and their dog wants to be a Viscanti Nifilhema snob. It's gotten a bit old I think.

So, make a Nihilist alt and show us how it's done? smile.gif
Sthai2009-03-03 22:26:00
QUOTE (Kiradawea @ Mar 3 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

I'd really love to see other concepts. The Nifilhema attraction is easy to see - corsets, aesthetics, pretty flowers - but I'd love to see more Baalphegar people, or Luciphage followers. Or even the crazy-ass Gorgulu types like Sylthea.
Unknown2009-03-03 22:37:09
QUOTE (Sthai @ Mar 3 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

I'd really love to see other concepts. The Nifilhema attraction is easy to see - corsets, aesthetics, pretty flowers - but I'd love to see more Baalphegar people, or Luciphage followers. Or even the crazy-ass Gorgulu types like Sylthea.

I wouldn't even mind more people who are good at Nifilhema. There is a lot to play with but most people only touch on the corsets, aesthetics, and pretty flowers.
Kiradawea2009-03-03 23:04:21
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Mar 3 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that means actually joining the Nihilists and... yeah. Ain't gonna happen if it was raining snowballs in hell.
Shaddus2009-03-03 23:10:56
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Mar 3 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Casilu2009-03-03 23:20:02
I would but I don't even have any time for my current alt. losewings.gif
Kiradawea2009-03-03 23:32:46
I noticed that, and while I don't have anything against most Nihilists, there are some people in that guild that I can barely tolerate playing the same game with. Trying to make an alt in the Nihilists would be futile, because I'd up, quit and leave the alt almost at once.
Nariah2009-03-03 23:33:21
Hmm, my best advice if you can't decide: don't make yourself decide beforehand, roll with it. Especially if your memories of the Nihilists aren't freshened up yet, indulge yourself in the luxury of studying the Demon Lords IG and letting that influence your choice - a certain viewpoint depicted in some scroll, a tenet that will strike you with inspiration, something you will observe. There is a great diversity of roleplay choices there that is not limited to who you will follow the closest as they each have a variety of flavours amongst their followers.

To give an example, I have seen so many types of Nifilhema's followers that I could fill an omnibus with their distinct descriptions (actually, might!). The ones who actually scream from pleasure when tortured, those who prefer to torture others, those who deep inside fear to apply said torture to themselevs, those who transform their bodies nonstop but fear touching others, those who are extremely prude and pure, and those who might as well work in a brothel, those who seek to paint the Basin red, those who scorn it all but think the methods she uses are useful for their own devices... and so on.

Speaking of which, I too am tired of the sultry corset that barely holds my clevage-wearing, skirts that barely contain my most shapely hips-having, tantalising lips-possessing, types that you could find in a dictionary under 'mudsex'. It's a common misconception of Nifilhema that is entirely not true.

scream.gif
Kante2009-03-03 23:47:44
When I was a Nihilist, I LOVED Baalphegar, with Luciphage being a close second. Coincidentally, I also wound up in Fain's Order, as well.

All the Demon Lords are cool in their own way. You just have to find one that meshes with your desired roleplay once you figure out what in the hell you want to play your character as.
Romero2009-03-03 23:53:24
QUOTE (Kiradawea @ Mar 3 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that, and while I don't have anything against most Nihilists, there are some people in that guild that I can barely tolerate playing the same game with. Trying to make an alt in the Nihilists would be futile, because I'd up, quit and leave the alt almost at once.

You shouldn't really judge people from an outside view. You don't really know how they act but from your own skewed perception. Its better to see things for yourself and then make these claims about tolerance or intolerance rather than just making claims about people without knowing. Other words, give it a shot.
Kiradawea2009-03-04 00:04:37
I did. Hence why I could make that claim. But if you're all that interested in me giving a shot, then maybe I shall. I do claim my right to have my doubts though.
Unknown2009-03-04 00:19:52
Go with Baalphegar. Baalphegar is awesome. I wub.gif Baalphegar. Hallen wub.gif 's Baalphegar.
Dai2009-03-04 00:38:27
Prime contender was the Nifilhema idea; but I think I'm going to go with the sociopathic, raging Ashtorath follower. Partially because it's so different from the type of character I'd normally play (whereas the Nifilhema one wouldn't have been) and partially for the sake of originality. Thanks for the replies, everyone. worthy.gif

Although now I have to decide whether he's handsome, charming and debonair outside of combat, or a raging, insensate brute constantly... blackeye.gif
Casilu2009-03-04 00:45:55
QUOTE (Dai @ Mar 3 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prime contender was the Nifilhema idea; but I think I'm going to go with the sociopathic, raging Ashtorath follower. Partially because it's so different from the type of character I'd normally play (whereas the Nifilhema one wouldn't have been) and partially for the sake of originality. Thanks for the replies, everyone. worthy.gif

Although now I have to decide whether he's handsome, charming and debonair outside of combat, or a raging, insensate brute constantly... blackeye.gif

Bi-polar.