LittleBigLusternia?

by Parabollus

Back to Creative Arts.

Parabollus2009-02-25 18:29:21
Hey all,

This thread here is for me to ask a question as to if a creative idea I had can be pulled off without angering folks. As such I would be greatful if the higher-ups in Lusternia (Divine or Admins) can answer this as well as regular players. Remember, this is just an idea (so far), so don't sic your lawyer minions on me yet. suspicious.gif

This crazy freaked.gif idea I had is as follows:

I've been playing LittleBigPlanet on the PlayStation 3 a bit recently, and needless to say, I got inspired with something - I was thinking maybe I could use a quest in Lusternia as the basis for a LBP level. I haven't decided which quest yet (maybe some fellow Lusternians can post suggestions?), but I just thought this might be a good idea, to translate a beautifully designed quest from Lusternia into a visual medium, LittleBigPlanet in this case, and have it playable for all to enjoy. Heck, it would certainly translate to free publicity for Lusternia.

But again, I have not done anything on this yet, as I just wanted to make sure that it was okay before I started doing anything. That way if the answer is no, I haven't wasted any effort. So please, just let me know if this is possible without risking lawsuits. I'd greatly appreciate it. And if you say yes, it's possible, I just might create the most splendiforous LBP level evar! dribble.gif

Edit: Well, you heard it here first, folks! Parabollus is going to make a LBP level based on a Lusternian quest! As Estarra just stated, there will be no objections, so this thread will now be a thread where I will post my progress making my level!

In the meantime, post suggestions as to which quest you'd like to see LBPized! Oh, and my PSN name is Webimpulse (same as my Xbox Live name), if you want to add me!
Isuka2009-02-25 18:40:25
Do it, and submit it as artisinal. suspicious.gif
Unknown2009-02-25 18:59:31
Heeeeey. I get paid for work to moderate LBP, among other things, so I'll simply say this: keep it clean and PSN won't mind. Obviously can't speak for the Lusty side of things, but I think your idea is marvelous, and I highly doubt you'd get any objections from the official side of the situation. I really look forward to seeing it!!!
Estarra2009-02-25 20:24:20
We would have no objection to a fan project in LBP! Just make sure you link to us!

justcuz_cookies.gif
Daganev2009-02-25 20:27:17
Whatever you do, don't do the Spike quest for Magangora tongue.gif

And most certainly not the "restore the Ebonglom" quest
Parabollus2009-02-26 18:39:37
Okay, so I got a couple of ideas of what not to do thanks to Daganev, hehe. Not that I know those quests anyway, since I don't play a Magnagorian or Glomdoring...ian. (Dunno what the right term is for that one.) But suggestions as to what would make a good LBP level would really be appreciated. The main reason I want suggestions is because there's lots of quests in Lusternia I'm not aware of yet (blame my relative n00bness), and if someone gives me a suggestion, that'll give me an incentive to play the quest in Lusternia to see if it's suitable to be translated to LBP or not. (If I can do it at my current circle, that is.) Plus, I just love hearing from people!

For starters, I was thinking of maybe the quest in the Verasavir Valley, where you deal with the ghost wolves. What do people think of that?
Unknown2009-02-26 18:56:12
That sounds like a good one. Maybe the dragon turtle in Toronada? It's an easy quest, but also quite cute.
kiriwe2009-02-26 19:07:32
Yeah, the Dragon turtle quest is cute.
Personally, I'm partial to the Newton Honors quests, though. They're fun, involved, but not impossible biggrin.gif
Saran2009-02-27 05:44:23
QUOTE (Parabollus @ Feb 27 2009, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, so I got a couple of ideas of what not to do thanks to Daganev, hehe. Not that I know those quests anyway, since I don't play a Magnagorian or Glomdoring...ian. (Dunno what the right term is for that one.) But suggestions as to what would make a good LBP level would really be appreciated. The main reason I want suggestions is because there's lots of quests in Lusternia I'm not aware of yet (blame my relative n00bness), and if someone gives me a suggestion, that'll give me an incentive to play the quest in Lusternia to see if it's suitable to be translated to LBP or not. (If I can do it at my current circle, that is.) Plus, I just love hearing from people!

For starters, I was thinking of maybe the quest in the Verasavir Valley, where you deal with the ghost wolves. What do people think of that?

The correct term is Glomdork or Glomdorito
Razenth2009-02-27 05:48:19
Glomdorito! I haven't heard that in forever! Huzzah for oldbies!
Unknown2009-02-27 05:57:40
How about Glomdurians? My personal favourite.
Saran2009-02-27 06:02:27
QUOTE (Caerulo @ Feb 27 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about Glomdurians? My personal favourite.

Did Viravain ever refer to them as such?
Viravain2009-02-27 07:35:19
QUOTE (Saran @ Feb 27 2009, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Viravain ever refer to them as such?

Why not? Sure.
Saran2009-02-27 07:48:02
QUOTE (Viravain @ Feb 27 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not? Sure.

Awrs :'(
Havulma2009-02-27 09:00:31
Of the quests I have finished, I enjoyed hatching a dragon egg of Mount Zoaka most. It was challenging and long enough to be interesting but wasn't terribly hard to finish. You have to visit the Astral Plane and the Skarch Desert, perform an ancient Pyromancer ritual and solve a few mathematical puzzles, among other things (if these pieces of information are regarded as spoilers, tell me and I'll remove them).
Parabollus2009-03-02 05:24:26
I think I've narrowed it down as far as what quest I want to turn into an LBP level. I was recently inspired by my character joining the Seekers of the Eternal Flame clan to try to do the Gaudiguch or Hallifax statue quests in LBP. I haven't officially started yet, as I'm still trying to plan out how to do these quests in LBP.

I know that there are some aspects of these quests that may be impossible to implement in LBP, but I'll do my best to get the point across. Hopefully I'll be able to do the "kill X number of baddies to proceed" part; what I can do there is create "bop on the head" type baddies, and I think I can create a trigger to cause something to happen when X number of baddies are bopped. But some of the puzzles I don't think I can recreate in LBP - please understand that. However, I'll try to keep it as true to Lusternia as I possibly can.
Parabollus2009-03-05 02:23:18
So, to show you all that I've at least started on the LBP level, here's a simple photo. I'm planning on doing the Gaudiguch statue quest (or at least as much of it as LBP will allow, anyway). As you can see, I haven't done much yet. This dude I made I'm standing next to is supposed to be Chesaru Thech (or however you spell it), or whoever you give the gila lizards to. Yeah, ugly as sin, but bear with me. I just started. You know the old saying of journeys of a thousand miles.

Will post more photos as I get more done! content.gif

Parabollus2009-04-01 01:40:34
Okay, I know it's been, like, forever since I announced I was gonna do this. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten. Rather, though, I put it on the back burner, but I've been inspired to work on it again, but taking it in a bit of a different direction.

I know I said last time that I would base this LBP level on a quest related to the Gaudiguch power node, but the direction I want to take it in this time is to actually base this LBP level in Gaudiguch itself. But I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that. I'd need to know some things about Gaudiguch first. What would it look like? What sort of perils could I put in my level to make it fun to play but still be Gaudiguch faithful? What can one do in Gaudiguch? Stuff like that.

So any suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated!
Parabollus2009-04-06 03:55:25

Another daily: today I made a wyvern! This wyvern is supposed be waiting at the top of a short pyramid the player climbs at the very beginning of the level, and the player grabs onto his talons, and the wyvern takes the player over a lake of fire or somesuch to where the action begins in the level.

As far as what action that is, I don't know yet. I'm making this up as I go along, since, well, there is no explorable Gaudiguch in Lusternia (yet). I'm basing this level off of what literature there is in game about Gaudiguch, and just going nuts from there. And that's the beauty of LBP - you can do that. If only all level editors were that way - then I'd actually have the inclination to do this more often with other games. sad.gif

But yes, I am trying to make this level as true to Gaudiguch as one can possibly be with the literature provided in this game. And I think I know one way I can do that.

Use fire. Lots and lots of fire. pureevil.gif jumpfire.gif