Iron Chef

by Jigan

Back to Creative Arts.

Jigan2009-02-07 02:58:02

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Mihewi and I both grow weary of the cookery and just doing things. So, we shall be competing against each other, either here or in game, with recipes.

Essentially, it'd be 24 hours to make a complete meal set with one ingredient in common. So, if the ingredient of the battle was crab, crab has to be in every portion of the meal. The chef chooses the meal, however, in the fact that he can choose to make basic appetizers or breads, or soups, or desserts, or drinks, or whatever he wishes, so long as it has the ingredient in it.

Marking would probably be:

Presentation (Examined)
Taste (Consumed)
Originality

Right now, I'd like to get a pool of Theme Ingredients going. Then maybe some judges.

I'd like to post here and transfer them in-game, because the challenges last 24 hours. Have them judged here, and put them into cartels in-game because the acceptance process is a bugger for this kind of thing.

Also, a roster of cooks if anyone else wants to join in the fun.

Cooks
Mihewi
Jigan

Sidenote: Currently, this will help rekindle passion in Lusternia and cooking until something else pops up. I really, really don't want to hold a monopoly in Magnagora for cooking Really, 10k and I can probably get the job, and the Inn, and then I will own every major cooking outlet in the city. The Inn will take all sorts of food, the Song of the Siren will take enhanced and favourites, while Dusk will hold specialty foods and my favourites.)

dazed.gif

How this works, re-written.

On a set date, for 24 hours, two cooks will design set of recipes around one theme ingredient chosen for the match. The recipes will then be posted on the forum in one batch. The panel of judges will award up to 10 points in each category: Presentation (Examined), Taste (Consumed), and Originality. 3-4 judges required for each match if using judges. Total highest score wins.
Unknown2009-02-07 04:02:14
So are we allowed to make suggestions on the food of the day?
Jigan2009-02-07 04:06:15
That's what I want, yes.

Make suggestions for Theme Ingredients!

dazed.gif
Unknown2009-02-07 04:12:41
Can I be a judge? I'm a culinary student when I'm not on Lusternia. Like, I go to college for it. XD
Aoife2009-02-07 04:22:29
Can I be a judge? I watch far, far too many food shows (and Alton Brown is my cooking idol).

Theme ingredient suggestions:

- Milk
- Dracnari
- Turtle
- Gorgog
- Eggs
- Fish of various types
Aison2009-02-07 04:24:02
Something non-merian. Ice cream desserts. Vanilla. Creamy. Crunchy garnish.

Go go go.
Casilu2009-02-07 04:42:19
Kephera.
Esano2009-02-07 05:28:35
Babies.

You know you want to.
Krackenor2009-02-07 14:22:28
shark, or eel
Sthai2009-02-07 15:41:32
Kelpie and dragon turtle prepared as sushi or teriyaki. Oddly spiced drinks made from healing herbs. Rotting cheeses. Berries spiked with alcohol. Flagrant abuse of crepes and what goes in them.
Shaddus2009-02-07 15:44:25
QUOTE (Sthai @ Feb 7 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flagrant abuse of crepes and what goes in them.

Mmmmm.. crepes....

Go with merian. Cant' go wrong there.

Jigan, you owe me a recipe from that contest. I want merian crepes.
Aoife2009-02-07 16:34:20
Rockeaters.
Jigan2009-02-09 21:00:32
Strawberry Battle!

Mihewi verus Jigan

Starts Midnight Wednesday (Central Time)
Ends Midnight Thursday

Judges will be chosen in the mean time.

Judges so far

Nys
Vionne
Seretenin

dazed.gif
Jigan2009-02-13 05:56:31
2 fruit 2 milk

Appearance
a small bowl of strawberry soup

Dropped
A small bowl of strawberry soup rests here.

Examined
Set on small saucer, this bowl contains a pale pink soup with many bits of chopped strawberry floating in it.
The strawberries have been chopped and whipped into the creamy soup base and allowed to sit for a short while
for the fruits colours to seep into the soup. In the centre of the soup is a dollop of a thick whipped cream
that has a small spring of mint leaves topping it.

Smell
The scent of milk and strawberries holds close to the bowl, never moving far from it.

Taste
The thick flavour of cream and strawberries mixes well as you taste the soup.

Consume
Spooning some of the soup into your mouth, you are greeted by the strong mixture of strawberries and cream. The
chopped strawberries add bursts of sweet flavour while the cream and milk mixture fill your senses with its rich
taste. The seeds still in the strawberries, they add a curious chewy texture to the soup when ground between the teeth.

-
4 poultry 2 fruit

Appearance
a plate of strawberry grilled chicken

Dropped
A plate bearing grilled chicken lies here.

Examined
On a clean white plate lies a grilled chicken breast topped with a strawberry salsa. Dark sear marks are
evident on the slightly browned meat, forming a crossed pattern showing it was flipped several times. Clear
juice seeps from the center cut mark in which the salsa has been placed. The mixture has been made from
chopped blackberries, strawberries, and kiwi fruit and has been carefully spooned into the center cut so as
not to spill over the sides.

Smell
The rich smell of chicken wafts from the dish mixing with a faint scent of fruit.

Taste
The hearty flavour of the chicken is spiked with a faint sweet taste that tingles the tongue.

Consume
Eating the juicy chicken, you find that there is a light strawberry flavour in the meat itself. The strawberry
wine used to marinade the chicken adds a subtle fruity taste to the meat that compliments the chicken and salsa.
The salsa itself heavily tastes of the three fruits, but adds a contrast to the chicken due to it's outright sweetness.

-
2 Sugar, 3 grain, 2 fruit

Appearance
a strawberry cup cake

Dropped
A strawberry cup cake squats here.

Examined
Wrapped in a simple paper cup, this cake has been baked about the size of an adult's fist. Baked a gentle pink colour
with several darker splotches of red, this cup cake is light and appears to be quite fluffy. It has been topped
with a thick pink frosting that has been garishly sprinkled with small hearts from carmelized sugar and dyed
red.

Smell
The rich smell of strawberries and cake pervades the area around the cup cake.

Taste
The sweet cake tastes heavily of baked strawberries.

Consume
Biting into the cup cake, your mouth is overwhelmed with the flavour of strawberries. The cake itself has strong
strawberry flavour with the occasional bit of strawberry lending even more taste to the sweet treat. The icing
has a faint strawberry flavour from absorbing some from the cup cake. The combination of cake and icing is rich
and fruity, and all together sweet. The small candies on the top add additional crunch and sweetness to the cup
cake, but hold no real flavour to this already tasty dessert.

dazed.gif
Jigan2009-02-13 06:02:24
I really, really need to take the whole day, not just a little bit of time.

Next time, I believe one judge will announce the theme ingredient, to allow only 24 hours to considering the recipes.

dazed.gif
Tervic2009-02-13 09:12:28
Your secret ingredient for today is Orca.

ninja.gif
Fania2009-02-13 16:46:33
Yeah...strawberry is way to easy to make taste good. Go with spore. If you can make that taste good then you are a good chef.
Arix2009-02-13 22:10:40
The secret ingredient is loti sp- dammit get back here!
Tekora2009-02-15 01:38:51
You know, us judges can't comment and vote until the other contestant posts her recipes.

Just sayin'