Why Ur'guard Have the Most Fun

by Ceren

Back to Combat Logs.

Ceren2009-02-03 21:54:00
Necromancy at its finest and most beautiful. See if you can count how many Necro skills contributed to this effort.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uyv0gtkznhi

We got pwned afterward while going for hamsters, but it was, without a doubt, worth it.

EDIT: Better place to read it: http://www.sintor.org/cerenpovchaosdomoth.html
Noola2009-02-03 21:58:33
I have to download it to see it? sad.gif
Ceren2009-02-03 22:00:19
That's the price of pretty colours unless nogfx has been fixed lately to accept Mushclient html.
Casilu2009-02-03 22:02:13
QUOTE (ceren @ Feb 3 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the price of pretty colours unless nogfx has been fixed lately to accept Mushclient html.

It worked on mine.
Desitrus2009-02-03 22:04:50
Llandros2009-02-03 22:05:31
How old is that log? It looks like Desi is still a paladin.
Ceren2009-02-03 22:08:39
For some reason nogfx isn't letting me in even after resetting my password. Looks like Desitrus has it covered though smile.gif.
Desitrus2009-02-03 22:14:56
QUOTE (Llandros @ Feb 3 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How old is that log? It looks like Desi is still a paladin.

The cerenpov would mean ceren's point of view, I just rehosted it since that site sucks and opens popups.

Edit: And yes it's a paladin log.

Edit 2: That's a lollertastic amount of leg swings that hit chest or gut on your crit left leg, good grief.
Chade2009-02-03 22:51:42
That is a pretty bloody impressive log.
Desitrus2009-02-03 22:59:23
Ah, it's old enough to be pre-balance loss nerf, nice. Shuyin doesn't even writhe the crucify for over 10 seconds straight.
Unknown2009-02-03 23:27:24
Not pre-nerf balance loss.

That was funny as hell too. Reasoning behind the many Shuyin/Malicia deaths was lack of trueheal. Lulz! 100% pure ownage. If I had to choose anybody in the game to team up with, it would always, definitely be Ceren.

Edit: Kind of interested to see what Ceren and I could do as duel BC Pallies. Gd.

Edit2: Pft, Ur'guard can only have this much fun as BC's, because AL/PB don't really have active balance loss like BC's have (wind). BM could work but collapsenerve is very iffy, if viable at all for sacrifice.
Ceren2009-02-03 23:30:52
Was actually after the wind nerf, but before the ecto nerf. All of that is still possible except hitting ecto on more than 3 people at once (4 were ecto'd at a few points in that log, though several times I just used single ectoplasm to save power).
Narsrim2009-02-03 23:35:18
I must wonder why Desitrus and Nydekion spent all that time getting you to a critical gut and never going for severspine. You had a critical gut for the bulk of that fight...
Desitrus2009-02-03 23:39:23
QUOTE (Narsrim @ Feb 3 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must wonder why Desitrus and Nydekion spent all that time getting you to a critical gut and never going for severspine. You had a critical gut for the bulk of that fight...

We did, this is why you don't play a knight. Do you really think I wanted a swing to hit his chest constantly? Just like when his leg went critical and between us it took 6 attacks to amputate it because the non power swings kept hitting chest/gut.

BC Pallies wouldn't be able to ectoplasm and sacrifice, which is all but one of the kills in this log. He eventually got executed, but it took forever since I didn't have soap yet. 4s cleanse = lulz.
Ceren2009-02-03 23:41:21
QUOTE (Thoros LaSaet @ Feb 3 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit: Kind of interested to see what Ceren and I could do as duel BC Pallies. Gd.

Could have used some trueheal in there, but our offense wouldn't be as smooth and no putre to make non-elemental weapons do 200 a swing.
Unknown2009-02-03 23:42:52
QUOTE (ceren @ Feb 3 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could have used some trueheal in there, but our offense wouldn't be as smooth and no putre to make non-elemental weapons do 200 a swing.

I'm talking about some inqui/pwn combos.

Hallowedground would have been nice too.
Desitrus2009-02-03 23:43:47
QUOTE (ceren @ Feb 3 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every ecto cost the group opposing you 2+ attacks, there was a period there where Ceren spammed it and three people didn't swing for over 12 seconds.
Unknown2009-02-03 23:44:49
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Feb 3 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We did, this is why you don't play a knight. Do you really think I wanted a swing to hit his chest constantly? Just like when his leg went critical and between us it took 6 attacks to amputate it because the non power swings kept hitting chest/gut.

BC Pallies wouldn't be able to ectoplasm and sacrifice, which is all but one of the kills in this log. He eventually got executed, but it took forever since I didn't have soap yet. 4s cleanse = lulz.

I'm pretty sure Ceren and I could have killed quicker if I aimed for prones, and he aimed for windpipe/bashbrains. Sacrifice isn't necessarily faster, it's just funny and awesome and brings out a sense of accomplishment for performing the incredibly difficult instakill - especially while being outnumbered 2:1.
Desitrus2009-02-03 23:51:26
QUOTE (Thoros LaSaet @ Feb 3 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure Ceren and I could have killed quicker if I aimed for prones, and he aimed for windpipe/bashbrains. Sacrifice isn't necessarily faster, it's just funny and awesome and brings out a sense of accomplishment for performing the incredibly difficult instakill - especially while being outnumbered 2:1.

On the contrary, spam winding someone who can't fight back or tumble while on the cross with ectoplasm and all you need is four broken bones is actually easier than a knight who can just sit there and cure out of it. Turtle up, chant healing limbs, good parry/stancing all hinder that. Get the ecto, get the crucify, one of you winds with a break toxin, other one can cripple if they have time and then one of you sacs. Not healing dependent, not stopped by parry/stance, easy peasy. In fact, whether through bad curing or insane balance loss, if that person doesn't get off the cross they make no healing progress at all towards the broken limbs, unlike wounds.
Unknown2009-02-04 00:09:25
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Feb 3 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the contrary, spam winding someone who can't fight back or tumble while on the cross with ectoplasm and all you need is four broken bones is actually easier than a knight who can just sit there and cure out of it. Turtle up, chant healing limbs, good parry/stancing all hinder that. Get the ecto, get the crucify, one of you winds with a break toxin, other one can cripple if they have time and then one of you sacs. Not healing dependent, not stopped by parry/stance, easy peasy. In fact, whether through bad curing or insane balance loss, if that person doesn't get off the cross they make no healing progress at all towards the broken limbs, unlike wounds.

So I'm assuming while all that happened, the other three put their thumbs up their arses and sat back in amazement: "WHoa..look at that...Malicia is nailed to a cross..."