Warrior Influencing

by Abethor

Back to The Polling Place.

Abethor2009-01-24 08:34:35
So for a bonecrusher/blademaster warrior, which would be the best race for both survival/bashing and influencing? Assume level....80.
Rika2009-01-24 09:04:00
Tae'dae, if just taking into account bashing and influencing. You might be slower in bashing, but your tankiness means you can take on bigger things. High charisma for influencing, too.
Unknown2009-01-24 13:43:59
Tae'dae. You'll be slow, when bashing, but influencing is completely dependent on charisma, so you'll be good there.
Everiine2009-01-24 16:05:41
Being a Trill warrior who is trying to get a little more into influencing, I laugh that you're even considering such a combination laugh.gif.
Unknown2009-01-24 16:25:09
If you don't care one wink about PvP, and have enough credits to get surge in athletics, yellow in lowmagic, and whatever decent DMP enhancing skills your tert may give, an unspecced faeling will beat a shadowlord faeling.

The extra INT that goes into surge is almost enough to balance out the CON difference, and depending on what buffs you have available for CON and INT, the difference would be negligible. Looking at the two at demigod, where you would expect to see the biggest difference in overall health levels, a fully buffed up shadowlord faeling only has about 400 more health than when I had almost the same buffs as a rogue warrior faeling without a tert (minus extra health from INT via surge with nightkiss). Compared to health maxes that were both over 10K, 400 doesn't seem too much.

The non-shadowlord faeling gets the advantage of always having 3 more CHA to play with, and can be from anywhere other than Glom if you like.
Unknown2009-01-24 17:54:46
It really depends on what else you want to do with yourself.

If you aren't interested in combat, you have a few more options. If you are interested in combat, your question really boils down to "what is the most CHA I can get while still remaining viable in fights?"

Well, with a foot note weighing the human xp bonus.

In that regard, humans are workable. You can influence, but you're not going to be plowing through things like faeling/elfen bards. You'll be workable in combat (in so far as you can be without being a demigod as a knight), and generally well rounded. Elfen spec isn't a bad choice for being well rounded either.

Abethor2009-01-24 20:03:13
So I notice that Elfen Lord has the most votes, anybody want to comment on that? It's pretty well-rounded and has a high charisma.

Faeling wouldn't really be that viable, I don't think, since it not work that well PVP. Even with surge I still can't see Faeling having a decent amount of health. But the bonuses are nice.

Trill I consider just because I think with the high intelligence and surge it wouldn't be that bad as an overall warrior/influence race.

Tae'dae is looking good too, but the balance penalty scares me a bit.
Xenthos2009-01-24 20:05:01
Elfen Lord is pretty much hands-down the best race for just about anything you want to do as a warrior.

Racial balance at work. wink.gif
Nydekion2009-01-24 20:46:01
If your only interest is in in hunting/surviving/influencing and don't mind the pvp angle, it'd definitely be tae'dae. Elfen lord isn't bad, but they're a bit weaker on the influencing side (12 charisma for elfen lord vs. 15 for tae'dae). You'll bash a bit more slowly due to the balance penalty, but your tankiness will save you a lot of deaths and exp loss in the long run. It's a bit of a different story if you're interested in pvp in the meantime though. Heh.
Abethor2009-01-25 00:56:18
QUOTE (Nydekion @ Jan 24 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your only interest is in in hunting/surviving/influencing and don't mind the pvp angle, it'd definitely be tae'dae. Elfen lord isn't bad, but they're a bit weaker on the influencing side (12 charisma for elfen lord vs. 15 for tae'dae). You'll bash a bit more slowly due to the balance penalty, but your tankiness will save you a lot of deaths and exp loss in the long run. It's a bit of a different story if you're interested in pvp in the meantime though. Heh.

Let's assume pvp comes into effect too. content.gif