fit in the Ebonguard at all. What interested me in EG was that it was seemingly
a "neutral" guild, something I still credit the EG for. For those of you that
don't know Saaga, she is a devout of Elostian and seeks certain neutrality and
balance. Her RP is not very much based on her organizational ties, but more on
her being a neutral bookworm and one of the Order heads of Elostian. She does
wish to work with the organization and aid it with her own ways, though, and
her organizational ties are by no means insignificant to her. She will most
likely end up in Hallifax in the end and is a human with mixed heritage,
lucidian and dracnari mainly. I have also considered buying a cameo for her.

A change of guild will be necessary as the EG just don't fit her, no matter
how nice they are as a guild. Studying Astrology as a Shadowdancer would be
great for Saaga and appeal to her scholarly self, but I am also considering
the Harbingers and the Blacktalon - Harbingers because Saaga is an artisan
and the illusions appeal to me, Blacktalon because Saaga once was a BT and...
well, I like demesnes even though I never learned to use them effectively.
Harbingers are also great in influencing, which I have enjoyed a great
deal.

What to do?

Also, this is my first poll ever, so patience. I may break it.
Aison2008-11-15 12:41:32
I would choose either Harbinger/ecology or Shadowdancer/astrology.

Harbinger ecology you might find useful in a number of ways, if not for 'easy' combat when needed, then for its influencing perks and utility (ecology is pretty amazing!).

Shadowdancer/astrology sounds more like a roleplaying tool. Astrology isn't particularly amazing in combat 100% of the time, but overall being a Shadowdancer you might find yourself enjoying more along the quiet life. There are some perks to astronomers - I'm sure Glom could use a few for weakenings, and spheres can be really awesome.

Also, Harbinger is currently one of the top fighter guilds in Glom - you may feel the balance of neutrality disrupted there moreso than in the Shadowdancers.
Arix2008-11-15 13:02:02
Glamour bard, because illusions are fantastic fun
Rika2008-11-15 18:53:03
If you are still looking for neutrality, I suggest you stay away from SD or BT. They are too strongly connected to their respective Spirit for you to have any luck being 'neutral'.
Amarysse2008-11-15 19:59:28
In general, I think neutrality is hard to come by in any city/commune, because they're all so closely-tied to various gods and spirits.

I would honestly suggest going with a Shadowdancer and Astrology. The Harbingers aren't the only source of creativity in Glomdoring (as much as we like to think so, sometimes suspicious.gif ), and the "bookworm" persona seems better suited to a guild in which you could lose yourself in research, ritual, and theoretical discussions about all sorts of archaic phenomena rather than a guild based around performance and interaction, or an impassioned connection to a very... primal force like Crow. If I was going to make a quiet, scholarly character in Glom, I'd go with the Shadowdancers myself. One of my favorite people in the commune pulls it off beautifully.

Celina2008-11-15 20:18:22
I'm similiar in the sense that Celina doesn't draw her RP from what org she is in, she is very focused on her Order. I found that being in guilds that have very strong ties to other religious figures kind of interferes with Celina's focus on Fain. I didn't fit in with the Nihilists because I wanted to write about Fain, and they made me write about demon lords. I'd avoid the same situation by avoiding BT (as much as I <3 them) and SD, they both seem to have very strong ties to other figures and their RP is largely defined by Night/Crow. I thing Harbingers would be a good neutral ground.
Saaga2008-11-15 20:25:26
So, I have chosen Shadowdancers for Saaga. I very much like the atmosphere so far and am mind-boggled by Astrology. Astrology is VERY "Saaga". I just need to learn to use it...

The people are amazingly welcoming, and there's usually someone about. Great! The arcane atmosphere is wonderful, and even if it is not as neutral as Harbingers would have been it is secretive instead.
Celina2008-11-15 20:36:01
QUOTE(Saaga @ Nov 15 2008, 03:25 PM) 582615
So, I have chosen Shadowdancers for Saaga. I very much like the atmosphere so far and am mind-boggled by Astrology. Astrology is VERY "Saaga". I just need to learn to use it...

The people are amazingly welcoming, and there's usually someone about. Great! The arcane atmosphere is wonderful, and even if it is not as neutral as Harbingers would have been it is secretive instead.

If you use ZMUD, Acrune's old astrology system is posted somewhere on forums. It has a bug or two, and one of the signs is out of date, but it works well if you have no idea how to use astrology (like me).
Saaga2008-11-15 20:39:27
MUSHclient here sad.gif If anyone has a working astrology script for MUSH or CMUD though, I'd be very interested!
Unknown2008-11-27 14:18:37
I am going to work on a system for it as I need one as well.
Unknown2008-11-27 15:09:36
QUOTE(Saaga @ Nov 15 2008, 03:39 PM) 582620
MUSHclient here sad.gif If anyone has a working astrology script for MUSH or CMUD though, I'd be very interested!

I ripped mine out of Eth's system. He forgot to put Aapek in, but otherwise, it's functional. Other then that, it's all home-made triggers that I put together while I was playing the game.

Just a by the by though, the best way to use astrology on MUSH is to open up the Built-in notepad and write down the various spheres and stuff there. Mine generally used to look like this

Volcano: Positive
Skull: NEGATIVE.