Where Would You Go?

by Unknown

Back to The Polling Place.

Unknown2008-09-17 16:54:19
For the purposes of this poll, assume the following:
  • You must leave your current city or commune.
  • You cannot go rogue. You must join another city or commune.
  • Regardless of the new guild you join, you will not suffer lesson loss in any way shape or form for the purposes of this poll.
  • You could refund 100% for any artifacts that would become useless after you switch for the purposes of this poll.
  • You will have no meaningful issues regarding unenemying to any organization, guild or group, so you may go where you choose without considering these things.
  • You would be able to reincarnate if necessary.
  • Assume all cities/communes are equal in terms of combatant numbers, skill, and effectiveness.
  • Assume all guilds, skills, and abilities are "perfectly balanced".

So, based on things like feel, culture (not the mechanic), your character's personality, and roleplay, and considering the above, where would you go?
Diamondais2008-09-17 17:01:39
If enemyships, lesson loss, and player reactions weren't too terrible, I'd like bring Dylara back to Hartstone.

There are other problems present with doing so, but if I excluded them for the purpose of the poll that would be it.

I've always liked the Hartstone, I like the idea that they are not good. Plain and simple, they've been viewed as evil, chaotic, troublesome and rebellious. Their history is dark, the rebel faction of Serenwilde bred in this guild and actually led Serenwilde into a civil war which destroyed a good deal of the forest, resulted in some pretty neat historical stories, etc. They've also got a wonderful culture if it would be played on more, they're very ritualistic and scholarly, they're much like real world cultures that invoke the protection and advice from their ancestors.

Then there's Hart, Hart (Night is too) is my favourite Great Spirit they've introduced. He's just calm, serene and fatherly. He never expects his followers to "follow" him in a direct sense, he's always played as one who lets them choose their own path because it'd be better for them in the end and for everyone as a whole, so in a sense, his followers walk on equal terms with him instead of blindly following.

If that makes sense. laugh.gif
Dugan2008-09-17 17:03:09
I would stay monk ...

so that leaves me with two options ....

Seren first.
Glom second.

Forget about going Mag, take way to long to get unenemied to everything.

Dugan.
Aison2008-09-17 17:11:46
It would be a toss up between spiritsinger and shadowdancer. But I would probably go Spiritsinger because they seem like a really unique and fun guild, and I would not want to be bogged down by glom politics.
Unknown2008-09-17 17:11:58
Very fun poll.

I would make Alban a Serenguard. I'm not sure what Spec I would pick, probably BC or pureblade, both for aesthetic reasons.

I think Serenguard has a lot of potential to be the coolest guild in Lusternia, and I would love to RP that help to fill that role. Being a tribal knight would be fun.
Saaga2008-09-17 17:16:30
I am actually considering EG, they're rather neutral.
Bael2008-09-17 17:46:06
Magnagora Ur'Guard.

I like warrior, and I can join the Order of Fain.
Daganev2008-09-17 18:04:12
hmm, maybe I should move back to the ur'guard....
Iola2008-09-17 18:39:31
Iola is a Wiccan through and through. I don't think I could do anything other than Glom/Shadowdancer biggrin.gif
Doman2008-09-17 19:03:22
i'd go back to Seren. Probably Moonie, maybe back to the Stones
Ashteru2008-09-17 19:04:34
Nihilists.
Awesome Lore, awesome feel.
Aaaaaashtoraaaath!
Unknown2008-09-17 19:09:00
Serenguard Tracker. Synl would hunt down Xiran, but not actually get involved in that Moon/Hart business. Do the whole 'dark loner' type, reformed but not really. I may just do this anyways after momentum is fully implemented and Glomdoring gets on its feet again a bit.
Diamondais2008-09-17 19:16:36
QUOTE(Salvation @ Sep 17 2008, 03:09 PM) 558749
Serenguard Tracker. Synl would hunt down Xiran, but not actually get involved in that Moon/Hart business. Do the whole 'dark loner' type, reformed but not really. I may just do this anyways after momentum is fully implemented and Glomdoring gets on its feet again a bit.

That does sound somewhat fun. unsure.gif
Astraea2008-09-17 19:19:45
I too would do a dark Seren type. I'd go either Moondancer or Hartstone, though I'm leaning more towards Moondancer.

I'd be a dark and hateful Moondancer, full of bitterness and loathing over the Ethereal and Faethorn, and most of all, the constant attempt -not- to love Night. Most likely I would be a Moondancer more inclined to follow Hart, if that makes any sense. Either way, I'm pretty sure I would have a love/hate relationship with both Moon and Night as a Moondancer.
Unknown2008-09-17 20:02:15
QUOTE(Ashteru @ Sep 17 2008, 12:04 PM) 558746
Nihilists.
Awesome Lore, awesome feel.
Aaaaaashtoraaaath!

Pft. Baalphegar is a hundred times cooler than Ashtorath. dry.gif

I'd actually go want to have a Shadowdancer. From the handful of alts I've had with them, they've always had lots of interesting people and RP. I kinda wish Shayle were still around, though. Even though Denust would never allow me to make him change guild. shark.gif

Aquamancer through and through, and they're getting better (hopefullymaybe).

Lawliet2008-09-17 20:20:30
Moondancer, mostly because It'd mean astrology, but also because If Lawliet ever moved guilds it'd be something big to do it and she'd want to get away from Celest, so not Celestines, and cuz she hates Mag and Glom, a lot. But she'd lose dominate so... would never happen tongue.gif
Unknown2008-09-17 21:49:54
QUOTE(Lawliet @ Sep 17 2008, 01:20 PM) 558791
Moondancer, mostly because It'd mean astrology, but also because If Lawliet ever moved guilds it'd be something big to do it and she'd want to get away from Celest, so not Celestines, and cuz she hates Mag and Glom, a lot. But she'd lose dominate so... would never happen tongue.gif

One of the summonable fae can dominate (pooka?).
Furien2008-09-17 21:55:38
I can't even imagine being non-Seren.

Mags all hate me.
Glooms all hate me.
Celestians..okay, mage demesnes are crap on keeping their melder alive, forget that. Assuming they don't ignore me like they do most of my characters I've had there to begin with.

I've always wanted to try Nekotai or Ninjakari for Stealth, admittedly. Or, in the event I get booted from the Hartstone, I'd always look into going back to Shofangi or going MD.
Unknown2008-09-17 22:00:04
QUOTE(Furien @ Sep 17 2008, 02:55 PM) 558843
I can't even imagine being non-Seren.

Mags all hate me.
Glooms all hate me.
Celestians..okay, Geomancer demesnes are crap on keeping their melder alive, forget that. Assuming they don't ignore me like they do most of my characters I've had there to begin with.

Fixed. Aquamancers have passive healing and affliction curing with Healspring/Sweetfount both on 9.5 - 10 second tics, I think. I just don't know what affects how much HealSpring will heal... Aquamancy skill, INT, flat percentage/number, etc. Some people say that's unfair/OP, but you're saying that it sucks? sad.gif
Acrune2008-09-17 22:00:12
I don't like Mags, Glomdoring is too weak (I got the constantly losing out of my system when the game opened, kthx), so it would definitely be Serenwilde (especially since I could work on getting mah wife back biggrin.gif ). I'm thinking moondancers, just because its the most different guild to what I've done so far (excluding monks, I don't like monks).