What to do with Iytha

by Unknown

Back to The Polling Place.

Unknown2008-06-19 11:47:00
Due to ingame events, my former plans for Iytha's RP are no longer viable, so I'm thinking of changing them.

Relevent info:

* Level 72 faeling nihilist
* Deepbond in empath aethercraft spec, putre in necromancy, spider in astrology, symbol in nihilism, superego in influence, tepheret in highmagic, 0% gifted in planar, tiny amounts in other skills.
* No order membership, secretly idolizes Elostian.
* Engaged to Zaffir, a Nihilist.
* Enemied to Celest and related Gods/Guilds for going on supernal raids, enemied to both communes and related Gods/Guilds for stealing Fae out of Faethorn and feeding them to Gorgulu.
* Former undersec working towards secretary and security (mostly for ripple; not a good fighter) and applicant for being the prophet of Gorgulu.
* Former Ambassador/CR6 in Magnagora, booted from position and demoted to CR4 for upsetting Glomdoring too much. Not well liked by Iron Council.
* Able to buy a limited amount of credits. Maybe 500 if I realy decide to splurge.
* Very limited amounts of gold. Most I've ever had on me at once was 30K.

Choice one: Stay a Nihilist, pick up where I left off but without the Fae stealing. Possibly pick a new deepact. Doable, but not not as fun as it was before the treaty. Very unlikely that I will manage to get prophet but undersec seems to be possible. I like novices. No lesson loss or unenemy fines to pay, though.

Choice two: Lets me remain in Mag, no need to pay unenemy fines. Minimal RP finagling to justify. I like the Geomancers background and I've had a geomancer alt before for long enough to know that I can stand demense combat.

Choice three: Become a crazed Gorgulu worshiper seeking to overthrow the Demon Lords and feed them to Gorgulu. Get kicked out of Magnagora for raiding Faethorn. Be enemied to all the orgs and universaly hated by everyone and their mother. Would loose Gorgulu pact and symbol eventually and not be able to repact. Not a very pleasent prospect, but it seems like something Iytha might do and could be fun, maybe.

Choice Four: Remain in Nihilists, but inactive. Keep old RP. Wait untill the stars are right and I can go back to raiding faethorn without getting kicked out of Mag for it. Could take a year or more for this to happen. Would likely lose interst in the game over that long period of time, although I could make an alt to pass the time. Again, no lesson loss.

Choice Five: Join Celest, Serenwilde or Glomdoring. Would require paying of unenemying fines. Glomdoring's is 50K last time I checked possibly more, Celest's and Seren's are likely even higher. Could maybe save up that much gold in an OOC month if I worked at it. If you vote for this, explain which org and how it make RP sense for a former Gorgulu worshiper engaged to a Nihilist to join that org.

Choice Six: Other. Please explain if you pick this.
Ashai2008-06-19 12:41:45
Is stealing fae really that much fun?

I would say, more generally, do what is actually fun -and- sustainable for you (while fae stealing might be fun, you obviously can't keep doing it for the time), and only invest credits if you find that it's worth it. I know that the Nihilists have some really awesome characters for RP, but they're also such a hard guild to advance in - probably the most serious in the whole game. You might get farther in other guilds with less effort, I think, if that is appealing.

So, I'll vote for going Geo because that seems like it could be the most fun (because mages are fun).
Diamondais2008-06-19 12:47:24
QUOTE(Ashai @ Jun 19 2008, 08:41 AM) 523110
Is stealing fae really that much fun?

I would say, more generally, do what is actually fun -and- sustainable for you (while fae stealing might be fun, you obviously can't keep doing it for the time), and only invest credits if you find that it's worth it. I know that the Nihilists have some really awesome characters for RP, but they're also such a hard guild to advance in - probably the most serious in the whole game. You might get farther in other guilds with less effort, I think, if that is appealing.

So, I'll vote for going Geo because that seems like it could be the most fun (because mages are fun).

You don't have fun stealing Moon Fae? (Child stealer ninja.gif Pst, I'm mostly just joking around with it now) Some of the most fun I have in the game! laugh.gif And the cities fae stealing is a heck of a lot more amusing than ours! laugh.gif

@Iytha: You see like you like Mag a lot, there are other ways to serve Gorgy for now that don't involve feeding him Fae. Why not look to feed him other creatures in hopes he'll one day grow stronger from it and break free or what not? Or just work with different aspects in your guild for now, like you said working with novices. Undersecs a great way to get started, loooots of work, not a lot of gratitude at times but really really nice when people do notice!

You'll advance soon enough that way. grin.gif
Ashai2008-06-19 12:54:29
crying.gif Someone make Dylara stop picking on me!
Diamondais2008-06-19 12:58:13
QUOTE(Ashai @ Jun 19 2008, 08:54 AM) 523114
crying.gif Someone make Dylara stop picking on me!

suspicious.gif We are the forest of no mercy Ashai.
Kante2008-06-19 16:17:12
QUOTE(diamondais @ Jun 19 2008, 08:58 AM) 523116
suspicious.gif We are the forest of no mercy Ashai.

I love how you always say that.

I'm not quite sure about advice to give you just yet. Give me a short bit of time and I should be able to formulate a response.
Diamondais2008-06-19 19:08:23
QUOTE(Kante @ Jun 19 2008, 12:17 PM) 523135
I love how you always say that.

suspicious.gif
Revan2008-06-19 19:59:08
QUOTE(Ashai @ Jun 19 2008, 08:41 AM) 523110
I know that the Nihilists have some really awesome characters for RP, but they're also such a hard guild to advance in - probably the most serious in the whole game. You might get farther in other guilds with less effort, I think, if that is appealing.

Dude, I have a Nihilist alt, and quite honestly, Nihilist requirements are so easy I want to cry. Other guilds, ESPECIALLY the Geomancers, are far more difficult with their advancement policies. You have to be extremely lazy or really dumb to not advance quickly in the Nihilists.
Kharaen2008-06-19 20:10:33
Head to Glom. We're Revan-free.
Revan2008-06-19 20:23:34
QUOTE(Kharaen d @ Jun 19 2008, 04:10 PM) 523166
Head to Glom. We're Revan-free.

But sadly full of Kharaen. We wouldn't want the poor girl to suicide.
Arix2008-06-19 20:27:03
Oh stop flirting already you two.
Xenthos2008-06-19 20:28:26
QUOTE(Arix @ Jun 19 2008, 04:27 PM) 523173
Oh stop flirting already you two.

It's time to break out the pink kitty claws, eh?
Celina2008-06-19 20:29:47
QUOTE(Revan @ Jun 19 2008, 02:59 PM) 523165
Dude, I have a Nihilist alt, and quite honestly, Nihilist requirements are so easy I want to cry. Other guilds, ESPECIALLY the Geomancers, are far more difficult with their advancement policies. You have to be extremely lazy or really dumb to not advance quickly in the Nihilists.

No way. Geo requirements are cake too. The problem with advancement in Nihilists is that the few people that are of sufficient rank to GF anyone...don't. I remember when I was a nihilist the first time...I was an Undersec and Security. Wrote a couple rituals. Guild bashing trips. Could not get past GR2 for many IG years.

Getting prophet could be fun (Join Fain's order), but I thought Nariah scrapped the prophets. You seem like you want Iytha to stir up trouble...so...do it. I mean, don't start slapping Counts and the Warlord (Join Fain's order), but maybe try to join Elostian's(or Fain's) order. Try to overthrow Nariah. Claim to be the voice of one of the Demon Lords and start a cult. I don't know. Possibilities are endless! (Join Fain's order). I'm trying to switch gears from BT to Nihilist RP and it's not so easy, I had some strict RP in Glom and it's slipping being back in Mag. Hit me up IC and maybe we can do something biggrin.gif
Arix2008-06-19 20:32:09
QUOTE(Xenthos @ Jun 19 2008, 01:28 PM) 523174
It's time to break out the pink kitty claws, eh?

They will learn to fear the pink kitty claws
Aison2008-06-19 20:57:51
Stay in Mag and try to overthrow the people you hate?

Taking it to forums kind of ruins it, though.
Nariah2008-06-19 21:57:29
Since she already brought it to forums, I may as well reply here too.

Whilst controversial, Iytha was at least always original (for better or worse). Fae-stealing just wasn't in fashion and still isn't, at least not with the treaty or for people with positions. I don't think that window will open anytime soon either so perhaps take the suggestions to seek out and feed Gorgulu something else or try to find a new spin for his teachings. You should probably speak with Nepthysia who's just writing a book about that very thing and looking to explore new directions. Alternatively switch deep pacts.

Or if you REALLY enjoy playing with the fae this much you could go to Shadowdancers and lure fae to Mother Night (or Moondancers). Iytha is already a faeling I think, her interactions with Faethorn and certain things she believes regarding them and Gorgulu could give you a fine opportunity to make this change (to either -dancers).
Revan2008-06-19 22:05:32
I agree. Going to the Shadowdancers would actually give you a more unique opportunity to expand and explore your deep and thoughtful RP. Given your connection witht he Fae, it would be easily to link your RP with them and the Shadowdancers to open new doors. I say go Glom!
DEE2008-06-20 13:10:54
who's your nihilist alt, Revan?