For anyone on the IMapper

by Vadi

Back to Project L.

Vadi2008-05-22 12:36:13
Hiya,

I've (finally) created a publicly-available Achaean version of the IMapper not too long ago. Besides just mapping Achaea, I've added, and continue to add, a lot of nice features onto it. Now, I don't know the status of the imapper here in lusternia, so if your mapper is already way more awesome, disregard this. Off the top of my head though, my mapper has things such as "goto " and "goto " (which aren't hardcoded!), a map window mode for clients that support output windows but not mxp frames, and an upcoming marks system, which is essentially the tag + landmarks + ability to export & import them, along with map path to them and goto the nearest one. There are also many usability fixes, for mappers too, that are too many to mention.

The mapper now also sports an "update" command, where it'll get the latest version of the map off a server, along with an "upload" one, which mappers can use to upload their modified map. This requires human work though to manually merge the changes (just click on a bunch of arrows, making sure someone didn't decide to vandalize the map...), and, well, a server. So unless someone is willing to undertake that effort for lusty, ignore this paragraph.

The mapper's homepage is here (click), and the project page (code hosting, ideas, bugs, answers) is here (click). So, if anyone would want to jack the code into their own GPL-compatible mapper, they're welcome to do so smile.gif

Oh, and if anyone would like to discuss some things and whatnot, please don't post here, join the #vadi-mapper channel on the IRC instead. If you don't know how, instructions are here (click).
Unknown2008-05-22 13:07:00
Neato! I might have to see about porting my changes to this mapper now. You don't have the crash-on-game-editor-mode bug, do you? Every time I try to compose a letter, write a news post, or anything such as that, my MudBot crashes (and it's not anything I coded that makes it crash).
Vadi2008-05-22 13:17:26
The original IMapper has that bug on the Windows version. Since this is just a mapper, I've removed the editor window feature on Windows.

Thinking of making my own GTK one anyway, that'll work on linux too.
Unknown2008-05-22 15:43:30
Seems like a good idea to me. I was going to remove the editor stuff from my MudBot, too, but been too busy with other things to bother and I almost never use the editor, anyway.
Unknown2008-05-25 15:59:57
I'd like to see something like that for lusternia if anyone decides to modify it. Btw just as a quick question, has anyone noticed any problems in aetherspace with the mapper? I just noticed the mapper i'm using seems to take out all the colour of the surrounding space.