Aliaes and triggers

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2008-03-15 05:00:02
Not sure how I'd do this, I looked over it some and can't make much sense out of it.

Basically, I need aliases that I can send arguments to, and I want to be able to match patterns in triggers and pull values from the patterns matched. This is all fine and dandy to do in something like zMUD, but I can't figure it out on here!

My script needs user and trigger input!

Loving having a use for lua by the way.. Excited to have a system underway finally!
Unknown2008-03-15 11:53:24
By "on here," you mean MUSHclient?
Unknown2008-03-15 17:57:07
MUSHclient also makes it easy for me! I meant ilua, since I'm building triggers and aliases in it.
Unknown2008-03-18 07:22:25
Still can't get this.. I really am limited with my scripts if I can't send information through aliases, or match patterns for triggers with ILua.

Help anyone?
Gartinua2008-04-01 04:15:38
I built a small alias system and just use it that way. From what I can see of the ilua module there is not actually an alias setup as such but a single function which is called with every user input. (I'd be happy to be told otherwise)

I just have a function which cycles through the aliases in an array, err whatever lua calls arrays, and then calls a function with the matches.

The quick and dirty way is to just hard code the matches and function calls in the code.