Another description...

by Xiel

Back to Creative Arts.

Xiel2007-12-17 08:23:26
Alright, I was wondering if anyone has any lasting records of Viravain's description pre- and post-change by any chance? I've the description of her before the change from Lendren's play, but I'm not sure if he made that completely up or if that's the actual thing. If anyone has these for me or could confirm it, I'll be immensely grateful for them!

Oh, and while I'm at it, could someone give me the room and probed description of Glumki, Lhiannan, and Gwyllgi as well? Was just wondering if anyone had these right now as opposed to me just making an alt and all. -twiddle- Again, thank you!
Xavius2007-12-17 08:45:26
I don't log much, so I can't help you there. I can tell you that there were multiple post-change Vira descs, but all of them had her as a very pale, very thin woman in dark robes. Pre-change, she looked like Raziela's mother.

EDIT: The dark robes thing isn't true, actually. I can think of two exceptions: one had her mostly nude with a few webs, another had her dressed in shadows.
Amarysse2007-12-17 08:55:37
This is the only one I have. I used it to design a tapestry quite some time ago.

She is a radiant immortal and is possessed of a ghostly countenance that haunts
the very depths of Her being. Shimmering hair the colour of a harsh winter's
snow spills over Her shoulders and down Her back in a straight fall,
meticulously twisted into a loose plait mid-back with a single bit of silver
thread. Striking pale blue eyes are deep set within Her youthful face, haunted
and fathomless as they rarely stay focused in a single place. As befitting Her
youthful appearance, Her figure is slight and willowy and each of her arms is
slender, ending in sylphlike fingers and meticulously sculpted nails. Dark
shadows swarm sinuously at the corners of Her slender silhouette, their
movements manifesting a phantasm of bewitching grace. She is wearing an enormous
pair of ebon feather Crow wings, an earring fashioned from a feather of Crow
through Her right ear, a black rose, a crown of midnight black roses, an
exquisite gossamer necklace, an earring fashioned from a feather of Crow through
Her left ear, little more than thin strands of shimmering web that hug Her
shapely figure, a crystal twilight rose, a cluster of snapdragons, and a
twilight blue rose.
Xiel2007-12-17 09:03:40
Oooh, that's great. Now all that's left is the pre- and the three Glomdoring Avatars. Here's the pre-change one just in case it might jog a memory if it is indeed something authentic and someone could confirm it to be:

CODE
She is a radiant Immortal and yet somehow still appears as a helpless young girl, Her dimples deep and Her face petite. Pale white hair curls over Her shoulders, tied up on either side into tails by a pair of tiny red roses which seem to grow there on their own. Striking pale blue eyes are deep set within Her youthful face, darting from place to place with the unfocused excitement of youth. Her figure is slight and willowy, and Her arms are slender, ending in sylphlike fingers.
Though She has the stature of an immortal, enhanced by a flickering of divine fire, She seems hardly larger than a child. She is wearing a light dress the color of pink roses and delicate red sandals.
Unknown2007-12-17 09:05:40
I have these, if they help, though I'm not quite sure when I got them.

She is a radiant immortal and is possessed by a ghostly countenance that haunts the very depths of Her being. Shimmering hair the colour of a harsh winter's snow spills over Her shoulders and down Her back in a straight fall, meticulously twisted into a loose plait mid-back with a single bit of silver thread. Striking pale blue eyes are deep set within Her young face, haunted and fathomless as they rarely stay focused in a single place. Appearing as an elfen girl just entering pubescence, Her figure is slight, short in stature and delicate in frame, befitting of the now childlike state Her body presents. Dark shadows swarm sinuously at the corners of Her slender silhouette, their movements manifesting a phantasm of bewitching grace. She is wearing nothing more than thin strands of shimmering web that cover most of Her body, a pink carnation, and a brilliant white rose.

She is a radiant immortal and displays a ghostly countenance, a pale apparition amongst an ambience of unnatural darkness. White hair languidly coalesces about Her frame, the sinuously twisting and flowing locks caught forever within some unknown breeze. Shimmering dust of violet and silver seems to have been brushed over Her white flesh, unblemished by the passage of time. As befitting a young woman, Her form is slight and each limb delicate, hands ending in long, slender fingers. Devoid of iris and pupil alike, Her eyes are fathomless, blacker than pitch yet scintillating with their intense luminosity. A slight, enigmatic smile plays eternally at Her dark lips, a silent testament to Her tenebrous demeanor. She is wearing a glittering belt of silver chains, a crown of midnight black roses, an obsidian and silver knotwork ring, an exquisite gossamer necklace, a shadowy gown adorned with cobwebs, and a hooded cloak of stygian darkness.

Edit: The first one is pretty similar to Amarysse's, while the second one is less recent.
Xiel2007-12-17 09:10:18
Ooh, thank you! Even more things to bring together then. I truly appreciate it, thanks!
Xavius2007-12-17 09:10:24
I suppose it's possible that there were multiple pre-change ones too, but that doesn't seem right. The dress I know isn't right. The dress she wore was something that players can craft. Dusky rose dress? Something like that.
Arix2007-12-17 09:20:41
remember when Viravain wasn't crazy? Man that was a long time ago
Xiel2007-12-17 09:28:09
Hrm hrm...never occured to me to have different descs prior to the change as well, but at least a recorded copy of one version has to exist somewhere! anyone.gif
Lendren2007-12-17 13:58:56
I wish I had a way to ask you guys IC for the play! I just had to make up my best guess for most of the costumes by looking at what they look like now and inferring.
Amarysse2007-12-17 17:08:27
QUOTE(Lendren @ Dec 17 2007, 07:58 AM) 466938
I wish I had a way to ask you guys IC for the play! I just had to make up my best guess for most of the costumes by looking at what they look like now and inferring.

Amarysse is in the SOC, though admittedly someone from both the Wilde and Glomdoring would've likely had a fit if she involved herelf in the plays, or attended the Seren ones. She'd be happy to help in other ways, of course, until/unless that could be ironed out. There are several paintings of Viravain in shops and such- she would've been more than happy to research it for you!
Lendren2007-12-17 22:14:01
We wouldn't mind on our side, but I know your side tends to be more limiting on things like that. But it never occurred to me Amarysse would know what Viravain used to look like 60 years before she was born!
Jasper2007-12-17 23:35:04
I am pretty sure this is the closest one that I have of Viravain. Granted, this is Viravain while she was still in Glomdoring -- she did this little event with Elryn and Jasper and appeared like this. Whether or not this is the original simply from stock, I don't know.

CODE
She is a radiant immortal and appears as a small woman with long, blond tresses
that are plaited with tiny rose buds. She has creamy white skin that glows with
a soft ambent glow. Her eyes are a deep forest green and her lips are tinged a
soft luscious pink. Though stunningly beautiful, she carries herself without
pretense or affectation, quick to smile. When she gazes at you, it seems as
though her entire focus is solely upon you. The scent of flowers hangs heavy
around her and an aura of peace and love exudes from her very essence.
Xavius2007-12-17 23:38:13
That's closer to my memory. Raziela's mother. I couldn't tell you if that's exact, but it's definitely close enough.
Nott2007-12-18 00:03:37
Here are the Night Avatars:

Gwyllgi
CODE
Gwyllgi, the Dog of Darkness looms here.

CODE
Wrapped in shrouds of darkness, this giant hound looms like a monster from a
nightmare, sharp canine teeth gleaming out of the permanent shadow surrounding
him. Midnight black fur bristles all over his body, with not a patch of colour
to relieve the unbroken darkness, save for the sheen of light on the glossy fur
as it ripples over his powerful muscles. His eyes hold no trace of light, the
pure black of the orbs sucking in the light around them so that you are unsure
whether you are seeing eyes at all, or simply the absence of any substance where
they should be. A low, rumbling growl resonates out from his throat at all
times, echoing in the empty air with odd reverberations, as if coming from many
mouths at once.  A disturbing intelligence is evident from the cock of the dog's
head, his ears tracking the movements of those around it, his dark gaze
occasionally turning to stare at something far off.

Glumki
CODE
Standing here in a pulsating red mist, Glumki
Thorneye, the King of the Redcaps eyes his surroundings balefully through ruby
eyes.

CODE
The baleful figure of this redcap is gargantuan in comparison to the average
members of his race, standing here glaring at the world through maleficent ruby
eyes that glow with hatred. His form is wreathed in blanket of scarlet mist that
shimmers and sparkles like the mist of lifeblood sprayed from a slashed artery.
Topping his head, in place of a cap, is a magnificent barbed crown, its thorns
ripping into his scalp and sending trickles of drying blood running down his
face, accentuating his twisted, cruel mouth and hook-like nose, dripping down
onto powerful shoulders. His arms, bulging with muscles protruding through
ripped cloth, taper down into a set of three razor-sharp claws of solid ruby
which curve back like sharp wicked hooks. The red mist grows in density as it
tapers toward the ground, becoming almost tangible as it wraps around the legs
and feet, snaking tendrils crawling along the ground like scars latticing the
earth.

Lhiannan
CODE
Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh floats inches above the
ground here, her deep purple eyes glowing.

CODE
Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh is a beautiful woman with jet black hair that hangs in a
straight fall down her back. She is tall with an elongated oval face and body,
looking unnaturally thin. Dressed in a black dress that floats airily around
her, she gazes about herself with deep purple eyes and a cruel smile curved upon
her crimson lips. Knowing there is a great power in the forest and she is it,
Lhiannan is the Queen of the Slaugh and carries herself with an arrogance that
permeates the air around her. She wears a silver crown encrusted with black
amethyst.
Xiel2007-12-18 00:09:24
Oooooh, you folk are the best. Thank you all! wub.gif
Amarysse2007-12-18 02:23:43
QUOTE(Lendren @ Dec 17 2007, 04:14 PM) 467053
We wouldn't mind on our side, but I know your side tends to be more limiting on things like that. But it never occurred to me Amarysse would know what Viravain used to look like 60 years before she was born!

Lots of shops have paintings/sketches of Viravain and other figures of interest!
Lendren2007-12-18 16:25:38
Yeah, but from the brief brief period before she went crazy?

Though I will need descriptions of Her while She still had Kethuru On Board. She changed descriptions through every phase of these events, I'm fairly sure. Also descriptions of the people at the time.

But really, I don't mind writing them, too. I'm sure I'm close enough and really 99% of the audience doesn't look at costumes anyway. Sometimes I think about doing a play minimalist with props that when you look at them are obviously props, instead of doing this hyperrealistic representational stuff I've done where I even fake up deathsights. But not this cycle.
Ryleth2007-12-19 19:31:02
I thought I might add to this thread instead of starting another

I'm looking for the descriptions of the Illithoid Tumour and The Kephera wax pyramid and was wondering if anyone had them logged?
Thank you so much in advance
Inox2007-12-23 07:28:21
QUOTE(Ryleth @ Dec 19 2007, 11:31 AM) 467998
I thought I might add to this thread instead of starting another

I'm looking for the descriptions of the Illithoid Tumour and The Kephera wax pyramid and was wondering if anyone had them logged?
Thank you so much in advance

A bit late, but I just noticed this thread.

Pyramid:

This great, pale purple wax pyramid thrusts high into the air, large enough to
contain an igasho. Its sloping edges are rough and unfinished, bearing the
imprints of insectoid hands. The surface has hardened to a resilience that is
as strong as steel, yet remains warm to the touch. A ring of gently burning
fires surrounds the pyramid, heating the violet-coloured wax with their warmth.
The wax has begun slowly melting, and rivulets of it streak down the sides in
wide drips.
It weighs about 2048 pounds.
Tumour:

Blocking the road is this massive tumour that towers overhead, a pulsating mass
of pale pink flesh bound in thick, amber veins. Its entire presence throbs with
the power of a malicious entity, gibbering slowly as it wobbles ominously from
one side to another. Small flaps of flesh have detached themselves from its
beating frame, fluttering to the ground and decomposing into piles of rotten,
putrescent skin. A large orifice opens and closes hungrily on the top of the
tumour.
It weighs about 1250 pounds.