The Hunt Begins

by Unknown

Back to Event Scrolls.

Unknown2007-12-05 19:33:18
A relatively small exchange, but it was my first time to really RP with Synl, and I enjoyed it a lot:

With a flourish of his arm, Synl bows deeply.

You incline your head politely to Synl.

Moriana curtseys respectfully before Synl.

You say, "I see our talk of stars has summoned another of your ilk."

Seer Moriana Carthan, Wyrden Witch smiles and says, "Ah, well, Synl haunts the Needle quite often, even without my assistance."

Synl smiles softly.

You say, "It is good for Shadowdancers to haunt the forest. Night ought be everywhere."

Moriana nods her head in agreement.

Seer Moriana Carthan, Wyrden Witch says, "And she is, even in the brightest moments of day."

You say, "Under what mantle would the Murder dance, if not Mother's cloak?"

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard says, "Various paths are sought in the stars, one's end forcing another to begin...though one, in particular, has captured my interest of late."

'Oh?' you exclaim quizzically at Synl.

Moriana tilts her head curiously.

Seer Moriana Carthan, Wyrden Witch says, "And what is that?"

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard looks thoughtful and says to you, "And the dreamwalkers of the Murder is where I believe the path continues."

Xinemus licks his lips.

Synl looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

You say, "You sound like a man about to ask a lot of someone else."

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard says to you, "Someone else has given me reason to ask."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "What is on your mind, Seeker?"

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard looks thoughtful and says to you, "Others of the forest thought Veyda was raving in drunken madness last month...but his visions intrigue me. I seek to borrow his mind when I next see him."

You say, "I did see Veyda last month."

You ponder the situation.

Xinemus takes a deep breath.

You say, "I know what he is seeking."

You say, "Or, rather, I deduced."

Synl tilts his head and listens intently to you.

You say, "It is my belief that the Lady's brother reaches out to him."

You say, "However..."

You say, "His Thirst has mastered him. He is in no condition to find what he is looking for. Perhaps you can help him in that."

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard looks about wildly, before rushing over to the centre of the Needle.

Synl carefully makes some adjustments to a brass astrolabe, and gazes up into the sky.

Synl carefully makes some adjustments to a brass astrolabe, and gazes up into the sky.

Sighing, Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard says, "No...there is still little sign of Father. The True Hunter's path is still shrouded by Mother's cloak."

You say, "The symbol he sought was in the most nascent of forms."

You say to Synl, "When the Wyrd weaves, not even Gods can escape it."

Synl nods his head emphatically.

You say, "You will need to calm Veyda significantly before he attempts a foray into the dreamworld such as you intimate."

You say, "He longer discerns the veil between sleeping and waking."

You say, "No longer."

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard looks thoughtful and says to you, "Perhaps. Or perhaps Father's calls can only be heard in the deepest madness."

You say, "It is a dangerous call indeed if it requires a Crow to succumb to Thirst."

You say, "I do not envy you."

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard smiles and says to you, "The Predators have always sought the most dangerous prey."

Xinemus bows his head slightly and extends his hand in acknowledgement of the point.

You say, "I hope your search goes well. It would not sadden me to see the arrival of the Lady's brother."

Synl smiles softly.

Synl Nimaet, Seeker of the Leopard says to you, "If the stars cannot show His path to me now, it is because Mother Night does not believe it best. Faith in Mother."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "May She keep your secrets, Synl."

Synl bows respectfully to you.

Synl bows respectfully to Moriana.

You incline your head politely to Synl.

Synl grows still and his lips begin to move silently.

Synl is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, his soul safe until he returns to Lusternia.
Hazar2007-12-05 20:51:03
Mad, am I? Mad?!? I'll show you mad... ranting.gif
Unknown2007-12-05 21:01:54
QUOTE(Hazar @ Dec 5 2007, 02:51 PM) 462530
Mad, am I? Mad?!? I'll show you mad... ranting.gif

It's only because we care.
Unknown2007-12-05 22:03:35
Wow! That's a neat scene, thanks for sharing!

...and the image of someone raving at the Master Ravenwood Tree wearing a sandwich board sign proclaiming some slogan made me smile.

There we go!
Dane2007-12-06 03:20:07
QUOTE(Rainydays @ Dec 5 2007, 05:03 PM) 462537
Wow! That's a neat scene, thanks for sharing!

...and the image of someone raving at the Master Ravenwood Tree wearing a sandwich board sign proclaiming some slogan made me smile.

There we go!

Er, That's a picture of me at my day job.
Unknown2007-12-06 12:51:20
Nice scene. Thanks for posting smile.gif