LMapper room types help

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2007-12-09 05:57:18
Ok I've got LMapper and mudbot, but I have no idea how to set the room type except for editing the LMap file...I have looked around and done a search and couldn't find any info. Could anyone help? Thanks
Eldanien2007-12-09 05:59:27
Survey
Unknown2007-12-09 06:06:05
QUOTE(Eldanien @ Dec 9 2007, 05:59 AM) 463634
Survey

Ah...Alright I guess that's not my problem. My problem is that I'm using that LMap that comes with mudbot, with like 5000 rooms...problem is they're all of type "Unkown" so it doesn't change it with survey. Anyway to fix that?

P.S. Without creating a whole new map.
Eldanien2007-12-09 06:21:25
Your only two options are editing the LMap file in a text editor and typing them in, or enter mapping mode (MAP CREATE) and then SURVEY in a room to have it mark the environment. MAP SAVE to save your changes. MAP HELP for other options. Keep in mind that this will mark demesne environment types.

So say you're in a forest but it's been flooded by an Aquamancer, it will show up as flooded forest instead of forest.
Unknown2007-12-09 06:23:32
Ok thanks didn't realize I needed mapping on.
Eldanien2007-12-09 06:25:45
For more options, ROOM HELP, AREA HELP, EXIT HELP, and `HELP (that's not the single quote, but the symbol with the tilde ).
Unknown2007-12-09 11:40:27
I set all the rooms of that map to unknown environment because the LMapper is lacking support for changing environments (damn melding mages and druids). The plan was to implement something later (a command to change environment, if survey caught a melded room or something) but I grew bored of Lusternia and returned back to Imperian. Perhaps Zarquan continued this but didn't release it yet?
Unknown2007-12-09 12:43:42
My LMapper module does map rooms with proper terrain types, except when they said "forest" in a Hartstone meld or "wyrden" anywhere in Glomdoring or a Blacktalon meld. (I understand the latter has changed in the game now.) I haven't released the code I use because there are still critical bugs that can cause the mapper to crash when you load an edited LMap, but I know now that I'll never be able to track that down and fix it...

Here's what I use to configure the terrain types in my LMap file, at least.

CODE
ROOM-TYPES

# "Name" color
Env: "Unknown" red
Env: "Undefined" bright-red
Env: "road" dark
Env: "path" dark
Env: "natural underground" brown
Env: "river" bright-cyan
Env: "ocean" bright-blue
Env: "grasslands" bright-green
Env: "forest" green
Env: "beach" bright-yellow
Env: "garden" bright-green
Env: "urban" dark
Env: "hills" brown
Env: "mountains" magenta
Env: "desert" bright-yellow
Env: "jungle" green
Env: "valley" brown
Env: "freshwater" bright-blue
Env: "constructed underground" brown
Env: "swamp" cyan
Env: "aether" dark
Env: "astral" bright-magenta
Env: "chaos" dark
Env: "deep ocean" blue
Env: "divine" bright-white
Env: "farmlands" bright-yellow
Env: "flesh" brown
Env: "netherworld" dark
Env: "ruins" cyan
Env: "sewer" cyan
Env: "trees" bright-green
Env: "tundra" bright-white
Env: "volcanic" bright-red
Env: "wasteland" brown
Env: "wyrden woods" green
Unknown2007-12-10 08:31:49
Hrm. I copied those from a diferent post, don't know if you wrote it. I've been making my own maps from scratch. I had to add "wyrden beach" for the Tidal Flats. So far I've mapped out most of the newton area, serenwilde (all of it except guildhalls)and all of alabaster road. Man it's anoying trying to map areas that have rooms with like 7 exits and identicals names that are next to each other. Oh yeh...why don't you use swimming?
Unknown2007-12-10 11:48:12
Swimming is slow and annoying.
Unknown2007-12-10 13:35:59
QUOTE(Zarquan @ Dec 10 2007, 11:48 AM) 463937
Swimming is slow and annoying.

I only swim when mapping and speedwalking...So uh...Agreed.