Just Curious

by Noola

Back to Creative Arts.

Noola2007-11-12 17:11:39
Just out of curiosity mostly, cause I don't know that I'd ever actually do it, but if you make something that's Lusternia related and take a picture of it, would that count as an Artisanal entry?

I mean, say you make a sculpture out of clay? Or you bake a geomancer cookie like the ones available in the game? Or something similar... would a picture of such a thing be ok to enter?

Like I said, I don't know that I'd ever actually do it, but I just wondered about it and thought I'd ask. Cause who knows? Maybe I'd get a wild hair and decide to make a 3-D model of the Necropolis out of foam-board or something someday and if I did, it'd be good to know if I could try to win some credits from it.
Linaeve2007-11-12 17:23:31
QUOTE(Noola @ Nov 12 2007, 12:11 PM) 457787
Just out of curiosity mostly, cause I don't know that I'd ever actually do it, but if you make something that's Lusternia related and take a picture of it, would that count as an Artisanal entry?

I mean, say you make a sculpture out of clay? Or you bake a geomancer cookie like the ones available in the game? Or something similar... would a picture of such a thing be ok to enter?

Like I said, I don't know that I'd ever actually do it, but I just wondered about it and thought I'd ask. Cause who knows? Maybe I'd get a wild hair and decide to make a 3-D model of the Necropolis out of foam-board or something someday and if I did, it'd be good to know if I could try to win some credits from it.

I have no idea, but I don't see why not. Seeing as you can scan in paintings, and you can't scan in things like clay models, so you'd have to take a photo. That'd be interesting, if you could submit such things.

I'm curious now, too.
Daganev2007-11-12 17:51:10
yes you can.
Noola2007-11-12 17:54:56
QUOTE(daganev @ Nov 12 2007, 11:51 AM) 457791
yes you can.

Really? frenzy.gif
Aoife2007-11-12 18:30:09
QUOTE(daganev @ Nov 12 2007, 12:51 PM) 457791
yes you can.

Oh man, I'm totally baking a Lusternian-themed cake over Christmas break (when I'll actually have access to things like hand mixers, bowls, pans and flour).

I just need to make sure dad doesn't eat it before I get a picture.
Noola2007-11-12 18:32:41
QUOTE(Aoife @ Nov 12 2007, 12:30 PM) 457806
Oh man, I'm totally baking a Lusternian-themed cake over Christmas break (when I'll actually have access to things like hand mixers, bowls, pans and flour).

I just need to make sure dad doesn't eat it before I get a picture.

Oooh! Are you gonna do fancy things with frosting? I love that sort of stuff (can't do it myself, but pretty cakes just make me go gaga. I almost feel bad cutting into them... but then the yummy takes that away. laugh.gif ).
Xenthos2007-11-12 18:50:38
QUOTE(Noola @ Nov 12 2007, 01:32 PM) 457808
Oooh! Are you gonna do fancy things with frosting? I love that sort of stuff (can't do it myself, but pretty cakes just make me go gaga. I almost feel bad cutting into them... but then the yummy takes that away. laugh.gif ).

Note to Aoife: Make a cake that LOOKS very pretty, but tastes AWFUL. Then it shall last forever.
Noola2007-11-12 18:55:21
QUOTE(Xenthos @ Nov 12 2007, 12:50 PM) 457811
Note to Aoife: Make a cake that LOOKS very pretty, but tastes AWFUL. Then it shall last forever.

Oooh! You, sir, are diabolical! Diabolical!! evil.gif
Aoife2007-11-12 19:07:54
QUOTE(Noola @ Nov 12 2007, 01:32 PM) 457808

Well, I can certainly try anyway! I think I have a piping bag somewhere at home...
Unknown2007-11-13 01:22:10
QUOTE(Aoife @ Nov 12 2007, 07:07 PM) 457815
Well, I can certainly try anyway! I think I have a piping bag somewhere at home...

Yeah, you should suspicious.gif You should try to keep any RL things out of the photo though tongue.gif Don't want an ipod sitting next to the sculpture of Morgfyre.
Aoife2007-11-13 01:42:53
QUOTE(Archer2 @ Nov 12 2007, 08:22 PM) 457862
Yeah, you should suspicious.gif You should try to keep any RL things out of the photo though tongue.gif Don't want an ipod sitting next to the sculpture of Morgfyre.

Psh.

I know how to take a picture without extraneous stuff. The most "RL" things in the photo would probably be the kitchen table and the sheet pan.
Arix2007-11-13 01:46:07
if you make anything that relates to Arix's Mobile Liquors, I want to see it first
Unknown2007-11-13 03:10:26
Sorry to hijack your thread Noola, but I also wanted to ask- Is it possible to submit more than one entry on different characters? I.e. submitting one on A, and another on B in the same month? Also, is it possible to submit the same entry in a different month if it didn't win this month? Thanks for any help!
Ymbryne2007-11-13 03:32:16
I'm suddenly inspired to break out the sculpy. It's so much fun!
Lenalith2007-11-13 07:50:00
Dibs on sculpting the Megalith!
Xiel2007-11-13 07:53:43
@Noola: It's been done on some of the other IRE games where someone submitted a piece of art for theirs (a 14" full blown puppet, I think it was) as a picture and detailed the things needed to create it and it won something. I'd imagine it'd be allowed in Lusternia as well provided that the authenticity could be proven.

@Milanis: As for submitting two things in Lusternia for two different people...I don't quite know if they'd be alright with that on the grounds that transferring credits that characterA won to characterB would be too easy and would be considered breaking a rule of theirs. It's true that they could just make the credits won from Artisinals and Bardics be presented as bound credits, but I personally wouldn't be too happy with that.

And the final bit about re-submitting a work that lost this month for luck the next...not sure how they go about handling that as well. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. sad.gif
Unknown2007-11-13 08:03:09
QUOTE(Xiel @ Nov 13 2007, 05:53 PM) 457985
... It's true that they could just make the credits won from Artisinals and Bardics be presented as bound credits, but I personally wouldn't be too happy with that...

Heh, me neither, and don't worry about it! I just thought to ask here before emailing support to ask XD
Arvont2007-11-13 14:29:39
I thought it was okay to transfer credits from character-character? Thus the reason for TRANSFER X CREDITS TO X FOR X GOLD?
Noola2007-11-13 14:34:20
QUOTE(Arvont @ Nov 13 2007, 08:29 AM) 458017
I thought it was okay to transfer credits from character-character? Thus the reason for TRANSFER X CREDITS TO X FOR X GOLD?

You can transfer credits from character to character, however, if you have two characters, you can only transfer the credits you gained OOCly between them.

QUOTE(Xiel @ Nov 13 2007, 01:53 AM) 457985
@Milanis: As for submitting two things in Lusternia for two different people...I don't quite know if they'd be alright with that on the grounds that transferring credits that characterA won to characterB would be too easy and would be considered breaking a rule of theirs. It's true that they could just make the credits won from Artisinals and Bardics be presented as bound credits, but I personally wouldn't be too happy with that.

That would depend on if Artisanal/Bardic credits were considered to have been gained OOCly or not. I think they aren't - even though the submission is supposed to be strictly IC. I'm pretty sure you can pass A/B credits out between your characters anyway, and it's only credits you get in the game that you can't. I could be wrong though, and would rather an Admin answer that question.
Unknown2007-11-13 16:33:45
QUOTE(Noola @ Nov 13 2007, 02:34 PM) 458019
You can transfer credits from character to character, however, if you have two characters, you can only transfer the credits you gained OOCly between them.
That would depend on if Artisanal/Bardic credits were considered to have been gained OOCly or not. I think they aren't - even though the submission is supposed to be strictly IC. I'm pretty sure you can pass A/B credits out between your characters anyway, and it's only credits you get in the game that you can't. I could be wrong though, and would rather an Admin answer that question.

Guide credits, OOCly bought credits (via trans-game trade or actual monetary purchase), and artisanal credits are all OOC, and are transferable between alts, according to some helpfile I can't find at this moment.