What type of new area would you like to see?

by Unknown

Back to The Polling Place.

Unknown2007-09-07 00:45:40
Okay, so I was thinking of another poll, what types of new areas would the player base like to see?

If none of the above, please post here.
Unknown2007-09-07 01:19:03
I voted for the neutral forest, just because I want Glom/Seren to have more things to fight over.

Honorable mentions:

Tropical Environment
Arctic Environment
Gaudiguch/Hallifax info place
Unknown2007-09-07 01:19:26
It's multiple choice, so you don't have to pick just one.
Unknown2007-09-07 01:27:53
I chose the ruins beyond the Basin, influence-able villages and new cosmic plane. And trill are in the mesa compound!
Unknown2007-09-07 01:33:35
I would be interested in a lifeless wasteland/some ruins just outside the basin. Also, an insane half-formed taking over an atherbubble would be cool.
Richter2007-09-07 01:39:34
More off continent areas, above ground though. Something outside of the Basin.

A capture the flag/base type area, like War of Emperium in RO.

Skycity sounds fun too.
Morgfyre2007-09-07 01:52:19
QUOTE(Shou @ Sep 6 2007, 06:27 PM) 439287
I chose the ruins beyond the Basin, influence-able villages and new cosmic plane. And trill are in the mesa compound!

Just to stop any expectations or false hope from building up, we're not going to expand Lusternia to outside the Basin of Life until the Basin itself fills out more and grows. Also, new Planes are unlikely to be released for the same reason.
Unknown2007-09-07 02:05:06
Out of curiosity, is there any logic for that? It does limit you a bit as you can't create a Jungle or Arctic environment to the best of my knowledge, and you can always have a little narrow pass lead to a second hidden valley.

This map doesn't seem to have much room for expansion: http://www.lusternia.com/images/maps/lusterniafull.jpg

Or is there enough room for that somewhere?
Gaetele2007-09-07 02:11:40
That's what Aetherbubbles are for tongue.gif
Estarra2007-09-07 02:28:57
The reason we focus our building resources in the Basin of Life is to have more areas off the highways and mountains and possibly within the seas. In other words, we'd like the central part of Lusternia built up as it still appears (to us) that there's a lot of "empty" space while walking around the 3 main circles (sea, roads, mountains). Once we are satisfied that the main Basin is fully fleshed out ... well, you'll have to wait and see!
Gaetele2007-09-07 02:33:35
Fully fleshed out would have to mean that Hallifax and Gaudiguch are released.

That would require a much larger playerbase than we have.

sad.gif *dreams*
Unknown2007-09-07 02:45:07
Hmm, that makes sense Estarra.

(Gaetelle, I think H and G can still be stuck in time with the rest of the basin filled out).

I'm just wondering where a Jungle or Tropical environment could be. That seems to be the most popular one on the list, outside of a lost ruin from the Vernal God area. (For all we know, there could be an ancient city hidden somewhere in the basin, which would fit the role). Maybe to the south of the Skarch? Arctic could be a high mesa glacier I guess.

It's hard to know how "big" the Basin is based on that map.

Unknown2007-09-07 02:58:23
I think I'd like some cross-area development, actually, in preference to new ones. Something to make the world feel more connected, somehow, as I think even though the number of areas is massive it can still feel quite empty with the massive conglomeration of people inside their own nations, and also rather small with the 'pocket' nature of many areas.

More quests and quest chains that cross through multiple areas, would be interesting I think, and elaborate on relationships between different cultures. Maybe the four major nation territories expanded slightly and bridged into local sub-areas that can't be as easily protected so that the nations aren't quite as isolated and insular as they are at the moment, since everyone congregrating in their own national territory with a vast number of foreigners enemied is quite divisive.
Unknown2007-09-07 03:03:27
I agree with what Estarra says (lucky me, looks like i get my wish today!) and with what avaer. Areas that don't just seem to be off on their own, but ones that are integrated with and are a part of the world as a whole.
Unknown2007-09-07 10:38:02
- A swamp. There is only one publically accessible swamp for three types of herbs that are -always- much in need. As such they are a hassle to harvest.

- More wastelands. Same reason as above. Someone keeps stripping wormwood, it's annoying that there's only one area that is wastelands.

- A mountain area that has more up / down exits than the other cardinal directions. So.. a vertical area instead of a horizontal one. (No mountains of madness don't count tongue.gif )
Unknown2007-09-07 17:38:28
Let's comment on the popular subjects.

I guess everybody wants to see more about the "Vernal Days", or something like that.

Jungle/Tropical Forest seems to be loved. That seems to be the only terrain-type missing right now.

The Temperate Forest Idea--I noticed that Serenwilde rarely does Wild Nodes (or if they do they really suck at it), so I wondered if we did a forest there could be some way of aligning it with the factions. Wild Nodes is sort of a CTF game. Who knows.

The "New Influencing Village" has a lot of proponents. I guess after so much time has passed it would make sense to add one.

Then we have the small non-influenced area. If we had the latter, I would like an Inn or Tavern or something, a small thorpe on the road or something like that.

The Skyrealm is popular, and it can still count as part of the Basin really...

I'm not surprised by the people wanting an "Asian themed" area, as it's really popular nowadays with Japan influencing our comics, animation, and video games. Maybe Estarra brought some humans from an asian-themed location.
Ymbryne2007-09-08 06:47:02
I don't care what it is, as long as it's somewhere to bash that isn't full of sentients. PLEASE. grrr.gif
Yrael2007-09-08 06:49:02
Skyrealm.

So I want to live on a floating island, and have an airship. Is that a crime?
Arvont2007-09-08 07:03:29
Ackleberry. Hallifax. Gaudiguch.

But yes, we need a bigger playerbase before opening more cities/communes. And each should have its own profile that would appeal to people. See what's happening to Glomdoring?
Arix2007-09-08 08:28:55
Jungles. I WANT CHOCOLATE, DAMMIT!