JHC Alpha

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2007-03-25 22:47:38
So I've been talking about it on the forums at every possible opportunity... I've been working on a C++ program that displays a list of all afflictions, and lets you enter in those afflictions in an order you choose. After you have done this, it outputs to a text file a zmud script (called a nested if statement) that will heal those afflictions should you have them in the order you specified. All you have to do is run the program, enter in the order of afflictions and a few other things such as the number of your pipes etc., then cut and paste the files from JHCsystem.txt into your zmud buffer and push enter. It organizes everything very neatly into folders and gives you an instant system!

That's the idea, anyway. At this point it works on the output level, and I have tested the output and it goes into zmud correctly. I've tweaked the variables and all of the queues seem to work. Only problem is, I am missing most of the affliction and cure messages in the game, so while the code works, it doesn't recognize most of the afflictions in the game yet and will not until I've had time to plug in every message I intend to.

I'm posting about it however because since it's in the alpha stage, I'm hoping for three things...
1. People will try out the program, even if they don't intend to use it yet (or ever) and tell me what they think.
2. Hopefully, since the sources are posted as well and I think this proves that I'm willing to take the project to its completion, people will help me by posting updated affliction and cure messages. Could be in this thread or PM'd to me or emailed to me (alexw2882@yahoo.com, it's also on my webpage). If multiple people do this I will compile everything together for future alpha and beta releases of my project and potentially everyone using it can benefit.
3. Of course, any bugs I've missed might be found by other people.

Known issues:
1. Windows Vista will not let basic programs like this write to text files unless you "run as administrator".
2. I forgot to take out the (for purgatives) message at the start in this alpha, but it will do purgatives, salves and herbs. It took me forever to get my domain name and webpage running so I don't feel like changing it and uploading it again for such a minor typo.
3. No aeon curing as of yet, going to put that in later.
4. No auto sip/apply health, mana or bromide in yet. I am a fan of doing this manually and will probably let people put in an auto sipper of their own rather than include one.
5. No offensive things included in this since those vary by class and personal taste. It's healing only.

Link: http://www.shapura.net/lusternia
Mirk2007-08-07 04:54:01
QUOTE(Jello @ Mar 25 2007, 05:47 PM) 393607
Known issues:
1. Windows Vista will not let basic programs like this write to text files unless you "run as administrator".

Note that you can fix this problem by turning of UAC (User Account Control) in the control panel, if you so desire.
Note that he above statement turns it off for ALL things that would normally prompt it, so turn it off at your own risk.
Unknown2007-08-28 13:22:22
QUOTE(Mirk @ Aug 6 2007, 11:54 PM) 432121
Note that you can fix this problem by turning of UAC (User Account Control) in the control panel, if you so desire.
Note that he above statement turns it off for ALL things that would normally prompt it, so turn it off at your own risk.

I personally recommend leaving UAC on, since it does improve security by quite a bit. You can, however, force users to elevate to administrator privs without them having to right-click and click "run as administrator." Just include a manifest file with this node: