Think I fixed mudbot's mapper.

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2007-03-17 21:23:21
Conversations about the mudbot mapper have been happening in a couple threads I've been part of and in more I haven't, so I thought it might be more efficient to make a new thread. I believe I've fixed the problem with whyte's mudbot walking through Lusternia. Part of it was mxp exits, but the more serious part was that the source code didn't have Lusternia's balance loss message in it. What this meant is whenever you stopped walking due to bumping into a cow or losing balance otherwise, the mapper would move you a room forward (or more technically, not move you a room back). I added Lusternia's balance loss message to the C++ file and I have been able to walk anywhere since then as long as the room names are updated (it only reads the colored part of room names, so no (Road). though it walks along the roads just fine).

This is really only the very beginning of what I am planning to try and do with mudbot, but it seems to me like no one else ever got it to work this well, or if they did they aren't sharing it anymore. So if anyone wants the working mapper immediately post here or leave me a PM and I'll email it to you for free. As I continue to work on it I'll probably post updates here as I intend to get the healing system's queue working, though with the number of hidden afflictions in Lusternia the system will never be as effective here as it is in other games since it has horrible hidden affliction support.
Verithrax2007-03-17 23:26:06
You should consider sending a patch to the sourceforge project to make access to that easier.
Unknown2007-03-17 23:36:14
QUOTE(Verithrax @ Mar 17 2007, 11:26 PM) 391481
You should consider sending a patch to the sourceforge project to make access to that easier.

I guess I will try to get a source forge membership when I feel like I have the time in a few days... have a programming final tomorrow scream.gif
Unknown2007-03-17 23:53:34
I've been looking at IMapper, too, and I'm wondering how hard it would be to use the ATCP messages to capture room names and determine successful moves (active speedwalking or passively being moved by someone else).

I'm interested in seeing what changes you've made. I have a SourceForge account, but I doubt it'll help in this instance being that Whyte created his project specifically for Imperian. Not very forward thinking of him. tongue.gif

We should start our own project on SF, so we can work together instead of all trying to modify the code to do the same things. Heh heh.
Unknown2007-03-18 00:12:51
Well, I changed the herb and smoke messages and added the balance thing so far, that's it rolleyes.gif I'm really torn of it I should be using zmud or mudbot to cure things.
Unknown2007-03-18 03:53:05
Have you tried ILua yet? I love using Lua in MUSHclient, but I haven't looked at just how ILua works with Mudbot.
Unknown2007-03-18 04:34:48
Nope, what is ILua exactly?
Unknown2007-03-18 09:21:05
QUOTE(Jello @ Mar 17 2007, 10:23 PM) 391459
Talk

Are you sure you're using the latest IMTS? Vanilla IMTS does work pretty good with Lusternia, even walking. What doesn't work out of the box is Lusternia-specific messages (including ATCP) and some Lusternia-specific mechanics (such as sprint).

I'm glad to see interest in IMTS and a port to Lusternia. However, it does strike me as inefficient to start another fork for this purpose. I have modified IMTS to parse ATPC correctly, even the transaction to ILua, to update your location while following someone, to parse room titles when in another elevation and some other fixes. In another thread it was said that I'd send the sources to Zarquan (for some feedback and help) and when enough was completed, I'd release it to the public. If you want, I'll gladly send the sources to yourself too and we'd compare and merge. Just mail me your email adress and I'll get on it. I hate to be a downer so don't get me wrong - I do appreciate any work being done with this purpose. It's just that I believe these projects die easily when branched off when not neccessary.

QUOTE(Jello @ Mar 18 2007, 05:34 AM) 391551
Nope, what is ILua exactly?

ILua is the answer to atleast my prayers. freaked.gif It's a module for IMTS that lets you parse incoming/outgoing text and ATCP through LUA, as well as providing timers and some other essentials. It's the very minimum to what you need for building a system, but on the other hand it's nothing extra. I love being able to write, for example, the trigger parsing myself.