Philadelphia - 2/2/2007 - Grape Street

by Rylan

Back to Meet and Greet.

Rylan2007-01-18 19:08:16
To anyone in the Philly area,

There are tons of posts looking for people in different areas, but how about we cut to the chase and actually go out for drink. I'll even pick up the first round.

Here's a link to the venue: http://www.grapestreet.com/Pages/IAP-sched...p?date=2/2/2007

If you do live in the area and haven't been there, you should check it out regardless, but we'll plan on meeting Feb 2nd. The main attraction is the great live music from local bands, but the place also has a very decent club in the same building. Age range is generally 21-30ish, but there are exceptions as people of all ages love good music, so don't feel excluded. I know there are quite a few of you outside of Philadelphia. The venue is just off of Rt 76, so it's nice and easy to get to. I'm coming from Cherry Hill, NJ. So if you're from New Jersey (or at least South Jersey), you have no excuses either. (As a warning, I do think there's a cover, looks like $10 from the website, but the drink offer still stands.)

Leave a message here if you'd like to attend and we can either exchange numbers or whatever is comfortable.

Dave
Linaeve2007-02-28 22:23:54
Hey! Good to know someone from my area is playing. I spent a few years playing another IRE game and people from even several hours away were scarce.

Did anyone happen to show up at the meet?
Ashy2007-03-03 00:24:14
I live extremely close to Philadelphia only about 15-30 minutes away depending on traffic. Shame though that I wasn't around for the meeting. Perhaps if I can free up some time and people are up for it then another one could be arranged! happy.gif
Rylan2007-03-04 19:02:55
No, I never heard from anyone the first time around, but perhaps we can get something together in a couple weeks. Sorry for not responding right away, I'm very behind on the forums. Work and Real life in the way...
Daganev2007-03-04 19:46:05
behind on the forums? What about actually playing the game!! tongue.gif
Ashy2007-03-04 20:05:58
The weekends are usually a good time for me, as for a place everyone can enjoy I am not exactly sure since my knowledge of the city is rather limited. Anyone whose interested please post and we can figure something out.
Rylan2007-03-04 21:54:06
QUOTE(Ashy @ Mar 4 2007, 03:05 PM) 388082
The weekends are usually a good time for me, as for a place everyone can enjoy I am not exactly sure since my knowledge of the city is rather limited. Anyone whose interested please post and we can figure something out.

Well my vote is always Grape Street as I think it offers a bit for everyone, and I love the music. If not that, there are tons of bars in Olde City. Maybe Continental or Tangerine on Market. Continental is an excellent martini bar http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/philade...hiladelphia.htm and Tangerine http://www.tangerinerestaurant.com/ is great as kick back and relax type place, though the drinks are a bit on the pricey side there.
Rylan2007-03-04 21:55:28
QUOTE(daganev @ Mar 4 2007, 02:46 PM) 388073
behind on the forums? What about actually playing the game!! tongue.gif

and yeah, I'm behind on that too!