Best God for me to follow?

by Lucan

Back to The Polling Place.

Lucan2007-01-13 00:31:09
So I'm at a bit of a loss as to Who to follow. The default, of course, is Viravain. That's pretty much the only viable option I have right now. I've also thought Shikari, but He's dormant; Terentia, which would be kind of odd, but Lucan has a fair amount of respect for Her; or Elostian, which really wouldn't make any sense at all because Lucan isn't the scholarly type in any sense (he's a hunter).

I'm restricted by guild/commune from joining the orders of Fain, Morgfyre or Charune. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or any ideas as to why one of the above gods would be the best choice ever? Really appreciate the input.

So Viravain is winning so far. Aside from Her being Glomdoring's only God at this time, what makes Her such a great choice? Not to mention would I even have a chance since like all of Glomdoring wants to be in Her order?
Anarias2007-01-13 00:34:19
If you're not a thinker/writer/scholar then you really shouldn't consider Elostian at all. Not in the slightest.

Pick Vira or wait for Shikari. That's what I'd do anyway.
Unknown2007-01-13 00:37:05
This is a really hard thing to weigh in on via a poll. It's such an individualized choice. It's like having a poll on what your favorite color should be.
Lucan2007-01-13 00:39:07
QUOTE(Demetrios @ Jan 12 2007, 07:37 PM) 372706

This is a really hard thing to weigh in on via a poll. It's such an individualized choice. It's like having a poll on what your favorite color should be.

I realize that, but I don't really have any detailed opinion of my own on any of these Gods. I know it's an individual choice, but this is the first time I've not known at all what God to follow...well, ok, Aetolia...but all of my other characters have had specific Gods that they've revered above the others and Who fit their personalities. There don't seem to be many like that in Lusternia for Lucan. Sadly, Shikari is the only one Who WOULD fit Lucan's personality...I dunno. sleep.gif
Diamondais2007-01-13 00:41:56
Try to speak with Viravain, read anything that the Commune may have on Her, or talk with the Viravain Order members to learn more about Her. It should be enough to form an opinion on the Divine.
Unknown2007-01-13 00:46:44
QUOTE(Lucan Silverwolf @ Jan 12 2007, 06:39 PM) 372707

I realize that, but I don't really have any detailed opinion of my own on any of these Gods. I know it's an individual choice, but this is the first time I've not known at all what God to follow...well, ok, Aetolia...but all of my other characters have had specific Gods that they've revered above the others and Who fit their personalities. There don't seem to be many like that in Lusternia for Lucan. Sadly, Shikari is the only one Who WOULD fit Lucan's personality...I dunno. sleep.gif

Fair enough, but if none of them fit him, why is he interested in joining one of their Orders?

I guess I'm just trying to say that if you don't know what deity interests you, we're probably not going to know, either.

I like diamondais' suggestion, and you could even apply that to some of the others that you're considering. Talk to their followers in-game. Research the histories to see whose actions resonate with you.

If we're on at the same time, Xinemus is in Viravain's Order, and he's totally sold on it and proselytizes often. Talk to him
Unknown2007-01-13 00:58:10
Or wait and see who becomes the next Ascended God... I think I'm going to do that.
Kaalak2007-01-13 01:03:23
QUOTE(Anarias @ Jan 12 2007, 04:34 PM) 372703

If you're not a thinker/writer/scholar then you really shouldn't consider Elostian at all. Not in the slightest.

Hmm. Just thinking out loud here. Wouldn't it be interesting from an RP standpoint if a committed warrior DID join Lord Elostian's order? Why would he be recruited? What role would he play? He could serve as a bodyguard to scholars and writers on their search for details in hostile areas (Astral, Shallamurine Cathedral). Maybe Lucos needs the Lord of Scholars to do something that he cannot fulfill, being a warrior, and thus he pledges his service? Maybe Lord Elostian wants warriors to finally go after Lord Morgfyre's shrines (if I am correct in how the god conflict is playing out)?
Lucan2007-01-13 01:14:18
QUOTE(Shou @ Jan 12 2007, 07:58 PM) 372713

Or wait and see who becomes the next Ascended God... I think I'm going to do that.

I don't want to follow the Ascended God. I would be too jealous as that's something I really would like to do but have no chance at.
Hazar2007-01-13 01:18:13
Two real paths here, that I see.

1) Lucan follows Shikari, seeking to focus on his ideals and teachings as Lucan sees them lining up with his life. This is a choice emphasizing individualism, tenacity, and a certain define distaste for the crowd.

I voted for this choice because I'm Shikarian. tongue.gif Current order-in-waiting as I know it? 4. 3 as far as Veyd knows.

2) Go for Viravain. This move would represent Lucan looking more to submerge his identity into the rest of Glomdoring and be more of a team player. This also not be that hard - from all I can tell, Viravain is recruiting pretty liberally.
Narsrim2007-01-13 01:51:40
Viravain is awesome. I personally love how she isn't bound to some abstract ideal (such as wisdom, strength, courage, etc). She values the Wyrd, and she does so in a method that seems (from what I've seen so far) to rise above the normal simplicity of many divine. She also keeps me guessing - I never know if shes going to be interested in a conversation or eat me...

Shikari is just not here. Chances are if the god comes back, he'll be back with a new admin behind the seat, and in doing so, there is no way to really decide at this time if he would or would not be a good fit.

Terentia is neat and fairly straight foward. I like how she is the sort of goddess who puts everything on the table. She's strict, powerful, and direct. I encountered few situations where I was left wondering how Terentia felt - you usually know quite quickly with either praise or the smell of your flesh being dissolved into a pile of goo.

Elostian's personality is great. I haven't spent much time with him, but from the couple times I met him, he was very memorable. If I could sum up my experiences with him into a single word, it would be: austere (but only in a good sense).
Anarias2007-01-13 02:32:18
QUOTE(Kaalak @ Jan 12 2007, 06:03 PM) 372715

Hmm. Just thinking out loud here. Wouldn't it be interesting from an RP standpoint if a committed warrior DID join Lord Elostian's order?

On paper, yes. In practice? Not really. I think he'd be exceptionally bored and very out of place. That's not to say I'd discourage him if he wanted to take that route. Its a question of how hard he wants to make things for himself I guess.
Richter2007-01-13 02:59:27
Roark .

(or hopefully Richter!)
Lucan2007-01-13 03:15:32
QUOTE(Richter @ Jan 12 2007, 09:59 PM) 372749

Roark .

(or hopefully Richter!)

I'd vote for myself for Godhood before anyone else. I'd kill for the chance to get to be the ascended God. sleep.gif

...except I really suck at PvP. dry.gif
Richter2007-01-13 07:27:43
Good thing that's not a real requirement, as they're mostly an RP god!
Daereth2007-01-13 08:16:19
QUOTE(Hazar @ Jan 12 2007, 07:18 PM) 372725
2) Go for Viravain. This move would represent Lucan looking more to submerge his identity into the rest of Glomdoring and be more of a team player. This also not be that hard - from all I can tell, Viravain is recruiting pretty liberally.

Viravain is very chosey who she lets in her order, and if you idle too long or dont preform your duties you dont stay in the order. Devotion is of the upmost importance, if you dont have the time for it dont bother. Also if she found out that she was your default choice, I know I wouldnt appreciate that... sleep.gif
Unknown2007-01-13 08:34:14
QUOTE(Kaalak @ Jan 13 2007, 01:03 AM) 372715

Hmm. Just thinking out loud here. Wouldn't it be interesting from an RP standpoint if a committed warrior DID join Lord Elostian's order? Why would he be recruited? What role would he play? He could serve as a bodyguard to scholars and writers on their search for details in hostile areas (Astral, Shallamurine Cathedral). Maybe Lucos needs the Lord of Scholars to do something that he cannot fulfill, being a warrior, and thus he pledges his service? Maybe Lord Elostian wants warriors to finally go after Lord Morgfyre's shrines (if I am correct in how the god conflict is playing out)?

I seriously doubt that would work. Unless said warrior likes thinking about philosophy, the world, self betterment, teaching, etc. then he wouldn't fit in with the ideals much, and hence the Order. He could probably pledge himself to service, yeah, but seeing as Elostian is quite pacifistic, it wouldn't necessarily have much point behind it, and being an actual part of the order wouldn't fit unless he followed Elo's ideals. And unless Elostian has a major RP overhaul (unlikely) then the chances of us going after Morgfyre are slim. Very slim.
Aiakon2007-01-13 11:06:39
It's difficult but not impossible to follow Gods outside of your commune, but you can guarantee your communemates won't like it.. which basically leaves you with a long and boring wait or Viravain. From what I've heard, Vira is a -great- goddess to follow. But.... she may not fit terribly well with your concept of your own RP - in which case, fair enough. I'm a little sad to see that you incline towards Celestian Gods, as I really don't like the Glommo Celest quasi-alliance.. at all.. from an OOC standpoint. The Wyrd may not be Taint, but it cannot be denied that it comes from the Taint - and the rabidly anti-taint Celestians drop all their aggression for the Glommos in a fest of turdlike unroleplay.

QUOTE(Daereth @ Jan 13 2007, 08:16 AM) 372827

Also if she found out that she was your default choice, I know I wouldnt appreciate that... sleep.gif

Well clearly she wouldn't find that out except OOCly, on these forums. And if she took OOC information IC, then that would be deeply unimpressive.
Anarias2007-01-13 11:19:38
I would think that if the only Gloom divine were surprised to be a Gloom's default choice to worship it would be very disconcerting.
Hazar2007-01-13 16:26:47
QUOTE(Daereth @ Jan 13 2007, 02:16 AM) 372827

Viravain is very chosey who she lets in her order, and if you idle too long or dont preform your duties you dont stay in the order. Devotion is of the upmost importance, if you dont have the time for it dont bother. Also if she found out that she was your default choice, I know I wouldnt appreciate that... sleep.gif

She wants good workers, sure, but she hardly seems to be putting up a KEEP OUT sign. I don't think Lucan would have any great problem getting into at least the outer circle.