Project L: Question to the Admin (or Shiri)

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2006-01-06 04:45:17
I know that in order to use the mudbot program Whyte has created and we are extending you must store the Nexus files locally on your computer. If possible, could an Admin answer the following questions:

1) Is there any problem in downloading the Nexus client page as well as the java archives to local disk? As in, does this constitute a breach of any intended use contract for Nexus, or is it going to make anyone mad?

2) Once the page and archives are running normally, is it possible to store settings into a local file? That is, Nexus aliases, triggers, etc. If this is going to be a viable option, there has to be some way that the settings will persist between sessions, even though the program is running locally rather than on the server.

Anyone of You that can help, I'd appreciate it. smile.gif
Unknown2006-01-06 06:13:32
Don't need an admin to answer question #1: you download and save Nexus locally in all of its entirety when you first open it in your browser, so there can't possibly be any breach of contract in doing so.
Unknown2006-01-06 06:25:14
Well, true. tongue.gif

But it still makes me feel better if I ask.
Roark2006-01-07 23:36:17
Chris (Aeyr) of Achaea maintains Nexus. I can't answer question #1, though it is correct that your browser downloads Nexus to your disk, at least to its temporary items folder. As for question 2, I think it saves your settings on the lusternia.com server. So what you are trying to accomplish there is probably not going to work.
Unknown2006-04-16 10:24:14
QUOTE(roark @ Jan 8 2006, 12:36 AM) 243932

I think it saves your settings on the lusternia.com server.

Yup. Reflexes and the like are definitely saved on the Lusternia server. I make an alias, and I can use it on any computer I log in to as that character.