by Unknown

Back to The Real World.

Unknown2011-10-10 14:59:11
Quote tags dont work.

Where is my Red Dwarf skin.

Rage.
Unknown2011-10-10 15:05:08
I want the old forum skin!

EDIT: Ogod the avatars disappeared; YOU ARE ALL THE SAME PERSON TO MY EYES.
Unknown2011-10-10 15:12:49
What the. I don't even?
Talan2011-10-10 15:15:25
I wanted to like your post Sarvasti, but my quota of likes is zero :( I'll just have to tell you that I agree with you.
Kayaldiyah2011-10-10 15:24:59
I'm so lost and confused...And sad that my signature seems to be gone. :(

Edit: Ohhh. Signature still shows up in posts. Just not my profile I guess.
Unknown2011-10-10 15:25:31
I still see the banner image in your sig, if that's what you mean?

I had to go back to all my latest posts and redo the quotes and code tags. :(
EDIT: Code tags have color now, just like in the Imperian forums. (You can observe this in my new, multicolored signature.)

EDIT 2: I miss my Lobo Power skin. It was neat and clean and wonderful. Also, we now only have ~20 pregenerated emoticons/faces. All the others that got added over the years don't seem to be accessible (right now? I hope. Save us, Estarra!)
Rathan2011-10-10 15:37:16
While I agree that technological growing pains are always, well... painful, as someone who is the webmaster for a ~200 member forum elsewhere I want to make sure everyone knows it's not our guys' fault, and right now they're probably putting in a *lot* of work to make things less broken, so we should be pouring praise on them instead of complaining that feature x is moved/missing.

Normally orders to upgrade come from the top, and forum platforms are notorious for releasing major version changes with minimal testing and almost 0 backwards compatibility. If anyone deserves blame here, it's IPB for writing code that doesn't work with itself and launching it before they bother ironing out kinks like the quotes.

So yay to Esty and all the hard working tech staff! Don't let any ignorant comments demoralize you (at least not until you finish plodding through the fixes)
Lendren2011-10-10 15:39:33
Well, we have a Like This button on posts, that's nice. Everything looks good to me apart from the old quotes tags that don't work.
Unknown2011-10-10 15:44:20
Rathan:

It doesn't bother me that much, aside from losing my favorite skin. This is almost exactly like the Imperian forums, so it's nothing I can't get used to. (Though I stopped using the Imperian forums forever ago, that had less to do with the forums themselves and more to do with the people using them back then.)

My reaction is closer to "mild bemusement" than "GRAAARGHRAGE *froth at mouth*." Actually, I'm pretty sure no one is actually raging at the change (from what I observe in this thread), and I don't see anyone blaming the admin here.

EDIT: It seems that all of the other IRE MUDs' forums, except Aetolia's, have been updated to be exactly like this one. Achaea's is a bit broken as I type this edit: none of the forums or threads are viewable, unless it's a "must be signed in to view forums" thing. Midekemia Online's also has a nice little banner image at the top of their main page.
Lendren2011-10-10 15:50:57
Lendren:
Well, we have a Like This button on posts, that's nice.

But so far it seems we can't use it, as I, at least, have a zero quota of likes I can give in a day.
Ayisdra2011-10-10 15:54:44
Denust:

It doesn't bother me that much, aside from losing my favorite skin. This is almost exactly like the Imperian forums, so it's nothing I can't get used to. (Though I stopped using the Imperian forums forever ago, that had less to do with the forums themselves and more to do with the people using them back then.)

My reaction is closer to "mild bemusement" than "GRAAARGHRAGE *froth at mouth*." Actually, I'm pretty sure no one is actually raging at the change (from what I observe in this thread), and I don't see anyone blaming the admin here.

RAGGGEEE forums are ugly*, second worst change ever.

*blames admin*

*I really do think the forums are ugly now with this awful white colour.
Rathan2011-10-10 15:55:51
Denust:

Yeah, you're right. I was saying that more as a pre-emptive anti-rage for the people who will come into this thread feeling like that. When I had to upgrade from vB 3 to vB 4 on that forum I mentioned, I had people giving me everything short of death threats. They acted like I were trying to stage some sort of coup to depose the moderators and administrator and completely undermine the forum. This, while I was giving every waking moment of my free time for a week to build new skins from scratch and recover the bits of lost data that didn't cleanly make the transfer. I almost quit and told the forum to shove itself somewhere bad because of how they treated me after the update, and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen here.
Xenthos2011-10-10 16:18:37
What the...?

Eek, my forums have changed.

... and now it looks like I'm going to have to upload a picture, finally. A nice big white square.
Unknown2011-10-10 16:23:12
Rathan:

Yeah, you're right. I was saying that more as a pre-emptive anti-rage for the people who will come into this thread feeling like that. When I had to upgrade from vB 3 to vB 4 on that forum I mentioned, I had people giving me everything short of death threats. They acted like I were trying to stage some sort of coup to depose the moderators and administrator and completely undermine the forum. This, while I was giving every waking moment of my free time for a week to build new skins from scratch and recover the bits of lost data that didn't cleanly make the transfer. I almost quit and told the forum to shove itself somewhere bad because of how they treated me after the update, and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen here.

I don't think anyone here would seriously react like that. At worst, we're all a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off, whining about the forums. At least, I know I am. :S

::AWMAIGAWD. Forums r makin me retarded. :'(
Xenthos2011-10-10 16:24:49
Ah hah! Take that, trying to require me to put up a picture!
Xenthos2011-10-10 16:30:42
So, did every thread just become "unread" for everyone else? :(
Rathan2011-10-10 16:36:31
Yes, I've been going around clicking on all the ones I read that are still updated so I can use the "from last post" feature again.
Unknown2011-10-10 16:38:29
Guys, guys.

At the bottom left-hand corner of the forums (any page) is a little link called "Mark Community Read." Click it, pick "Mark all as read" from the menu and then all the forums will be marked as read. >_>
Ayisdra2011-10-10 16:39:41
Denust:

Guys, guys.

At the bottom left-hand corner of the forums (any page) is a little link called "Mark Community Read." Click it, pick "Mark all as read" from the menu and then all the forums will be marked as read. >_>

Or click the quotes image(s) next to the forum on the main page ...
Xenthos2011-10-10 16:40:19
Denust:

Guys, guys.

Already did that.

It does not help me with finding new posts since the last time I read the forums, though. I am manually going through all of the recent "read" threads to scan the actually unread posts.