Organisation

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2005-03-29 23:41:14
In any given coding project, the first step is to pull together a comprehensive list of what we wish to achieve. From this feature list, we can break the project down into distinct classes, and further down into specific functions and the like.

I've read all of the posts in here, and I think people are jumping the gun a bit. Before we look at graphics, colours, and things of those natures, we must define specifics, in terms of our goals.

So let's pull stuff together. What do we need in this package? Just start posting your thoughts. Once we have a list everyone can agree on as a core set, we can crystallise it into a design document and begin laying out interactions between the various Classes and Methods that will be used in the script.
Daganev2005-03-30 01:51:08
As far as I know, the project is only suppose to focus on being an "interface" for the game, so its just pictures, none of the actualy healing stuff. Or am I mistaken?
Tehn2005-03-30 03:55:29
I was under the impression that this would be something like the ACP? I've heard it mentioned a few times, and when I first heard about this, the person who told me said something about it. Why can't it include healing? If nothing else, basic herb and elixer curing, the simple stuff.

I too, could be wrong..
celahir2005-03-30 11:14:52
Heh I thought we agreed not to make a curing system as that would ruin the fun of programming, it was meant to be a starter for people so that they have something to begin with that can get them started.
Unknown2005-03-31 09:15:18
Obviously, Visaeris is right, and no-one seems to actually know what exactly is going on...
Estarra2005-04-04 20:48:39
Hey, guys, sorry I haven't been paying too much attention to this forum--as you may guess I've been preoccupied. I was hoping for a graphical interface with some basic information for zMud players to download as a plug-in (if possible) or a zipped package with instructions. This would be something players would be able to download from the website.

As far as a healing project or whatnot, if you guys want to do that, we can put that up on the website as an extra download but mostly I think first focus should be on a graphic interface which I'm sure many players would appreciate.

Did you guys choose a team leader? Someone to organize, keep track of the project and keep me informed might indeed be helpful.
Daganev2005-04-04 21:38:55
I vote for someone who has the ability to think like a coder so the script and stuff is streamlined and not confusing to newbies.
Shiri2005-04-04 22:13:00
Like Zarquan or something.

EDIT: Or whatever his name is. I seem to remember him by his character name now, something weird like Zarquan anyway. tongue.gif
Daganev2005-04-05 02:54:18
He does Mush not zmud.

Zaltan, Celahir, any of those folks seems good to me.

This isn't complicated programing, its just an interface, but I think the final product needs to be as streamlined as possible.
leave the visuals to the artists.
Shiri2005-04-05 10:36:25
Oh. I thought the ACP was zMUD. Okay, ignore me. rolleyes.gif Sorry.
Unknown2005-04-07 21:41:47
I nominate Zaltan.
celahir2005-04-16 05:50:38
Shiri is right Zarquan does do Zmud as well as Mushclient he has a page of scripts he sells on Zmud if you check his border link.

I would nominate myself but as you will see in the general section I am no longer playing lusternia.
Unknown2005-04-20 15:33:54
EDIT: BOth would work.