Clients

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2005-03-14 14:46:28
We have to realize, that even though this is Project Z, it would be nice if we could have generic image packages for each client. I'm sure there are plenty of zmud and mushclient users here, I'm going to be switching over to the linux client soon, so I'd be willing to figure out how to get the coding done in it. I think we need to widen our scopes and make the project more flexible to everyone.

Think of it as making sure everyone can use it, not everyone can buy zmud and use it (like me) and not everyone likes mushclient, despite the wonderful speed (also me). We need to take these into account.

Can I get which client everyone is using so if this works out I can possibly assign certain people to working on a certain client?

Is it even possible to put images up in mushclient?

Daniel
Soll2005-03-14 15:34:15
We shouldn't be spreading our forces too thinly, or concentrating on the other clients in Project Z. However, also realise that a large number of people will be using zMUD, or MUSHclient.
Ethelon2005-03-15 02:15:21
It seems most of the player base use either Zmud or Mushclient as Soll pointed out. Me and Eldanien are working on the Mushclient side right now and yes, GUI's are usuable with it like Zmud.
Unknown2005-03-15 06:50:57
Do you know if they are usable in the Linux client?

And Soll i wasn't suggesting we split people up so that ONLY this group of five people works on this client, and another group works on this one, I just mean whoever has experience in any client contribute. I have experience coding in zmud and mushclient, so regardless of anything else, I expect to be helping out on those two... I'm just converting all my home computers to linux pretty soon without any windows support, and I would like the option to be open to other linux users (however few they are) to a GUI client set up.
Unknown2005-03-15 08:04:46
I don't think much of us here will have extensive experience outside of zMUD and MUSHclient. Obviously, we can't cater for everyone, but by doing the two most popular clients, whether they're free or not, we're providing for the majority of people.
Unknown2005-03-16 02:38:28
Well then as a call out, if any other linux users would like to work with me on a supplementary project to Project Z, for the linux client, I'd gladly like to hear.
celahir2005-03-16 09:27:30
What would be great would be if we could get the Java client on the site upgraded!!
Unknown2006-05-09 21:01:31
Is it even vaguely possible to get a GUI working on a GODDAMN MAC CLIENT?!?! I use Nexus and Cantrip. Nexus has a half-decent GUI, but crappy coding, and Cantrip. Cantrip is just a screen with words. You can get channel windows (crawling with bugs), but that's about all it is in terms of GUI. There isn't even any scrollback.

Us Apples MUD too! *pout*
Trakis2006-05-10 05:31:35
I am an Apple user myself (when I have my laptop). It's definitely a good idea to do a Mac client, since there is such a lack of them. From what I hear, though, Lyntin is pretty good, and you can script a GUI for it if you have the know-how.

I sure don't.
Diamante2006-05-10 10:28:52
and your only a year behind on this topic o.O
Trakis2006-05-10 11:55:11
Au contraire, Ytraelux is.
Unknown2006-05-10 17:38:55
Pfft....
Sylphas2006-06-22 14:53:18
I have no clue what this is, haven't looked at it before, but someone mentioned Lyntin. I'm working on setting up a system on it now, so if anyone wants to discuss, that would be great.
Unknown2006-06-22 16:07:49
By "system" you also mean a GUI that is actually installable, right? pleasesign.gif
Sylphas2006-06-22 18:06:04
If you code it from scratch in Python, sure. I'd try, but 1) I absolutely loathe GUI MUD systems, and 2) I don't know enough about Python GUI coding to build one.

By system, I mean I'm currently extending the alias module to be more robust, and then working on doing the same for the trigger module.