Setting the time of day.

by celahir

Back to Project L.

celahir2005-03-10 13:33:02
Ok when I did my interface I asked around and I couldn't find anyone who knew how to set the time on the game.

The three ways I believe we do this are:

Taking every line that talks about the time of day and make a trigger using them.
Unless one of the Divine help with this will be very very hard to do. As missing one out will be annoying, unless we all chip in.

Or

Getting the description it says of the time when you type Time.
I befere this as then whenever someone logs on you check the time and gag it meaning you can set the time whenever. This will also need alot of trigger lines also though.

Or

Esterra tells us the algorithm for the time of day in Lusternia, compare this to real time and use the real time to edit what time Zmud says it is.

(Sorry for the consistent use of the word time tongue.gif)
Richter2005-03-10 18:29:22
I think it would be nice to display a pic of the sun and moon in thier constant up and down phases based on the time of day.

Also, harder, would be the moon at different stages. *shudder* You guys can tackle -that- one.
celahir2005-03-10 18:41:21
I can do the moon thing quit easily as the triggers for that are not as hard as setting the time. Just need the pics.
Singollo2005-03-10 19:41:31
Uh, the easiest way to do both moon and day/night is TIME.
Richter2005-03-10 20:10:43
Yeah, if you want to look at it every few minutes. TIME doesn't automatically happen, the day/night world emotes do.
Daganev2005-03-10 20:19:52
Do time AND the trigger for when night turns to day and when day turns to night. Theres not many of them.

Also ,if hte person has lichdom you can use thier stats.
Richter2005-03-10 20:27:11
That just overcomplicates the whole shebang.
celahir2005-03-10 21:21:43
And not everyone has lichdom. Thats why i havent got a time tracker.
Daganev2005-03-13 12:02:13
There are a total of 8 triggers that need to be done. Not having logged in in some time, they basically translate into..

Midnight, to Dawn, to Afternoon, to Dusk, to Evening, to Late Evening back to midnight, and one more I might be missing. I don't see whats so complicated. i'll post them here next time I'm logged on for over an hour.
Elryn2005-03-13 12:12:22
I have -very- little experience with triggers and codes and such, so I don't want to intrude too much on this wonderful project from a mechanical point of view.

I would point out in this case, however, that I don't believe you get the same time messages if you are indoors. Maybe using the TIME command would be necessary as a confirmation because of this. It is just the timing (*cough*) of the command that might be a problem.
Soll2005-03-13 12:33:50
The sky lightens and stars fade as Father Sun approaches the horizon in his neverending quest to capture Mother Night.
(Lasted for: 1 minute. No change message)
(Lasted for: 9 minutes.)
Lasted for: 10 minutes (Total)

Sunlight bellows across the realm, revealing the full glory of the majestic sun's luminous presence as he climbs higher into the sky.
(Lasted for: 8 minutes.)
Lasted for: 8 minutes (Total)

Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge, announcing a bright and shining new dawn.
(Lasted for: 7 minutes.)
Lasted for: 8 minutes (Total)

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.
(Lasted for: 7 minutes.)
Lasted for: 7 minutes (Total)

Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase brings him closer to the world's edge.
(Lasted for: 3 minutes.)
Lasted for: 3 minutes (Total)

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, spreading darkness across the land.
(Lasted for: 4 minutes.)
Lasted for: 4 minutes (Total)

These two messages correspond with the same time
Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

The last vestiges of midnight shadows flee as Mother Night hides herself from the luminous arrival of her shining mate as he chases her across the bowl of the sky.
(Lasted for: 8 minutes.)
Lasted for: 8 minutes. (Total)

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
(Lasted for: 7 minutes. No change message)
(Lasted for: 4 minutes.)
Lasted for: 12 minutes (Total)

Total length of day: 60 minutes.
Soll2005-03-13 12:34:26
Editted out
celahir2005-03-13 14:03:35
Excellent If everyone posts line like this when they see them we'll be on our way!
Unknown2005-03-13 15:32:46
If I can get my hands on a totems skillset I can do totems based off time of day too. That'd be easy and helpful as they're very beneficial depending on terrain etc.
Soll2005-03-13 15:41:52
Timing finished. biggrin.gif
Singollo2005-03-13 21:33:00
Here are the lines I have, some of them are TIME lines and some are World emotes

Day:

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his
The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the

It is early morning in Lusternia.
The shadows have lengthened. It is late afternoon in Lusternia.
The sun sits at its apex. It is exactly noon.
It's mid-morning in Lusternia.
The sun has awakened from its long slumber. It is dawn.

Night:

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible
Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing
The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.
Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land

Darkness rules the land. It is deepest midnight.
Dusk has overtaken the light in Lusternia.
It is the middle of the night in Lusternia.
It is deep night in Lusternia, before midnight.
Unknown2005-03-14 05:27:14
And which are which?...
Singollo2005-03-14 05:31:34
I seperated them for you.
Unknown2005-03-14 08:30:10
I'm guessing the top ones are for TIME...
Unknown2005-03-14 08:34:19
For how the time is displayed, I think it would be nifty if we had a bitmap for every time period (i.e. when every time-related trigger appears), and then those bitmaps form an "animation" of the sun and moon moving around with the background changing colours.

Err, wait. Displaying moon phases in this would make to many bitmaps...