Project M

by Eldanien

Back to Project L.

Eldanien2005-03-09 08:06:13
I'm here to develop Project M, which is Project Z for MUSHclient.

I plan to handle the GUI through a VB app, and provide scripting in plugin form written in JScript.

Thoughts, suggestions otherwise, MUSHclient specific ideas, do share them here.
Buho2005-03-09 08:29:27
I would suggest getting Ethelon in on this aswell, he uses Mushclient and apparently has a pretty good generic system he could add to it.
Eldanien2005-03-09 08:37:44
I have his generic system since he often comes to me with code questions. I'll find out if he wants involved, or minds letting us incorporate his basic reflexes into Project M.
Unknown2005-03-09 08:53:32
This forum is Project Z, not Project Whatever. Move this topic to Mechanic's Corner.
Eldanien2005-03-09 08:59:29
Are you serious?
Unknown2005-03-09 09:28:50
Well, this forum was created with the intention of gathering a group of people to design an interface for Lusternia with zMUD.

MUSHclient != zMUD. This has nothing to do with Project Z, so why should it be here?
Eldanien2005-03-09 09:54:47
Well... I'd messaged Estarra just like any of you, said that I would be interested in producing a MUSHclient interface so that we could provide a free alternative to those who don't wish to pay for a client. The idea is to provide enticement to new players, right?

This seems more a collaborative effort than a competitive one, especially seeing as I'd prefer the two to appear and behave similarly.

I do have to be here, so I can find out what graphics and layout to use, what basic reflexes and systems to include. If it's decided that we don't want to offer a MUSHclient option, then... eh, that's fine.
Daganev2005-03-09 10:06:03
Get your graphics from the graphics thread in this forum if you havn't seen it yet.

That should make it look as similar as possible. I assume most scrrenshots will be posted there as well.
Singollo2005-03-09 19:23:25
While I don't feel its appropriate to concentrate on more than one client in this forum, I don't think its necessary to be hostile towards it. I'm just going to ask for our sakes that you contain MUSHClient specific information to this thread unless a subforum is built for you guys. Also keep in mind that we're primarily building this based on zMUD's specifications since it seems to at least have a plurality among the clients.

Buho2005-03-09 23:42:33
The two most common clients people use right now are MushClient and Zmud. I think it is a good idea, hence why I suggested to bring in Ethelon.

It won't hurt the Zmud project at all to have a second group in the same forums working on a MuchClient version. Infact it can only help, as they may come up with idea's the Zmud group did not, and vice versa.
Unknown2005-03-10 00:09:18
Well maybe the name of the forums could be changed to 'Client Projects', and zMUD and MUSHclient subforums were created, both for threads specifically on one client. Then, posts in the Client Project forum could be on more general topics, such as which graphics will be used.
Ethelon2005-03-10 05:57:02
Information used for Zmud can be used for Mush and vise verse when it comes to ideas. Everyone needs to calm down and just get to what we are here for and that's setting these two systems up.

Hehe, if you haven't noticed, I'm here now Buho!
Eldanien2005-03-29 03:06:24
Change of goal:
1. Base package will not be a plugin, due to the extra work involved in a user trying to communicate with the plugin.

2. Base package will be written in both JScript and VBScript, with documentation to switch between the two. (Developed in JScript, ported to VBScript.)

3. GUI module kept in a plugin.

Completed:
Rewrite and implementation of Ethelon's basic reflexes. (JScript)

Target management subsystem. (JScript)

Skills tracker (for basic reflexes). (JScript)

Docked windows, configurable from MUSHclient - basic GUI. (COM)
- Currently reporting prompt, score, stat info.
- Color changing graphical bars with text shown for Health, Mana, Ego.
- Text reporting for Power, Endurance, Willpower are color change.

Toggled chat output window. (Channel talk, says and tells to a separate window.)

Toggled afflictions window. (List of current afflictions in a separate window.)

Not Completed:
GUI (I need finalized requirements, graphics files.)
- Need to shunt chat output window to a GUI window, so as to keep styles. Currently, output is black on white only, in MUSHclient's notepad-style window.

Abilities capturing.
- Modified reflex system to accomodate abilities list.

Time tracking.

Anything else? We've had lots of suggestions, but I'd like to see a finalized requirements document. So far, I've been picking and choosing what to work on next as I go along.
Unknown2005-04-19 17:43:34
Count me on in this. What do you need done to help? I have minimal experience in coding mushclient, but it is my client of choice. I also plan on setting up a similar thing as Project M and Project Z for Tinyfugue so that Linux users, however few they may be, will be able to play with ease. I'm getting in contact with the tinyfugue coders right now, so we'll see. (the tinyfugue topic wont continue in this thread past this post.)