List

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2005-03-09 02:53:30
I made this thread to make it easier, to be more exact. Just trying to organize things. I had the intention of all the lists going in here for what we think we ought include.

1.) Name
2.) A button for score;stat (I was thinking the name, I use that concept a lot)
3.) Day/Night
4.) Gauges with the bodyscan
5.) Bars for all the health and whatnot stats
6.) Current stats
7.) For a serenwilde thing (city specific sounds fair to me) we should do something with totems.
Unknown2005-03-09 02:58:15
Will there be things for each specific guild, city or whatever? Or will it all be one unchanging layout and script?
If it will be changed for each guild/city, then everything in that specific area will need to be a certain size for all possible scenarios.

About the bodyscan image... I vote no. We could at least have something original, whether it be an image or not. Not all races in Lusternia are human-shaped...
Unknown2005-03-09 02:58:48
EDIT: Nor does any Lusternian have X-ray capabilities.
Unknown2005-03-09 03:39:48
They're all humanoids though (unless I'm illeterate or going senile). And it makes sense to me, it's a good concept too. It doesn't break any rules or concepts that I can think of either. And this entire concept isn't original, we're doing this because others did it well before this. I really believe that it's a helpful tool to have
Daganev2005-03-09 04:44:43
lets keep this for lists of things we need. I put up a graphics post.

I think your list is complete enough for now. We might also want to try things that keep track of skills. Especially percentages if we can do it properly.
celahir2005-03-09 18:13:56
Ill start compiling a database of skills if you want.
Soll2005-03-13 09:54:23
I have a complete list of skills. If anyone needs them, for this project only, contact me. I've tried to keep them as updated as possible, but with all the added skills, and minor changes, there may be one or two skills missing.
celahir2005-03-30 11:15:49
Good Good anything else we're missing?
Unknown2005-09-26 04:13:45
Well.. I'm going to actually get started on this thing.. so if you're still in AIM me at "CircuitConcepts" or email me at "T3-Boydston@cox.net"
Unknown2006-04-17 13:06:15
I actually don't have ZMud (I'm a Mac User tongue.gif ), but if I did, I'd say it should also have:

• Buttons for aliases.
• Little icons to show things like if there's a totem, statue or shrine in your area.
• What you're wearing
• Time and Date in Lusternian time.
• Icons for what city you're in and what kind of terrain there is (though this might be a problem as it would require the player to have Survey)

EDIT: And maybe icons for wether your area is a demesne or other effects in the area.
Simimi2006-04-17 14:48:01
This sounds like it is going to be a Godsend, I am always in game going "Man I wonder what time it is right now..." A Lusty time and date thingy wuold be AWESOME!!

Maybe you could add a compass rose for the directions, or a tab that states name of the current room, like Nexus has?
love-mimi
Unknown2006-04-18 01:05:53
I'd be very surprised if this project actually releases useable code, let alone with all the requested features. I'm not against it, but just don't get your hopes up too high. It's been dormant for over a year and I've still not heard on anything for download.
Yrael2006-04-18 08:40:41
QUOTE(Ytraelux @ Apr 17 2006, 11:06 PM) 279878

I actually don't have ZMud (I'm a Mac User tongue.gif ), but if I did, I'd say it should also have:

• Buttons for aliases.
• Little icons to show things like if there's a totem, statue or shrine in your area.
• What you're wearing
• Time and Date in Lusternian time.
• Icons for what city you're in and what kind of terrain there is (though this might be a problem as it would require the player to have Survey)

EDIT: And maybe icons for wether your area is a demesne or other effects in the area.

UNfortunately, demesne and demesne effects would require a completely different code bit so that perceive didn't take balance (if it id's it in the first place) and so that efffects were publically listable.
Unknown2006-04-18 10:33:06
QUOTE(Yrael @ Apr 18 2006, 09:40 AM) 280212

UNfortunately, demesne and demesne effects would require a completely different code bit so that perceive didn't take balance (if it id's it in the first place) and so that efffects were publically listable.

Ack, yes, that would be aproblem. Also, there would need to be a big code block checking what skills you have for things. For things like this, and also to see if you're blind, as you can't see the taint and floods and forests and totems and statues and blablah without vision tongue.gif
Yrael2006-04-18 13:18:02
Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of the coders. Belakai over in Aetolia seems to have cracked already, and Lisaera's already dancing naked around piles of her own burning faeces in a cage. And I don't even think he's being paid.

Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of the coders. Belakai over in Aetolia seems to have cracked already, and Lisaera's already dancing naked around piles of his own burning faeces in a cage. And I don't even think he's being paid.