Looking for Chansu Poisons

by Ethelon

Back to Last Chance Trading Post.

Ethelon2005-02-08 16:59:47
I'm looking for Chansu poison and can't find anyone in the realm selling it. Will pay well for them or the information on what corpse secretes the poison
Gol2005-02-12 15:21:50
Apparently some poisons just don't have mobiles yet, or no ones found em. More likely the first, seeing as people search alot.
Gwylifar2005-02-12 18:05:20
There were two poisons without a current source until recently: anatine and chansu. My inquiries into the legendary source of anatine led to the whole adders thing; but no one much wants anatine, so that was more for the sake of it.

People want chansu, though. I had made a gentleman's agreement with Aajen, one of the only other active poisonists, that if either of us found anatine or chansu, we'd share with the other. Of course, anatine's discovery was very public, and intentionally so. But Aajen has gone back on his side of the agreement; he says he's found chansu but won't say where.

But if you ever find yourself hunting something and it gives you asthma, that's probably it. (Exception: the scorpions use charybdon, so asthma is a possible effect.)
Auseklis2005-02-12 18:43:02
QUOTE(Gwylifar @ Feb 12 2005, 07:05 PM)
There were two poisons without a current source until recently: anatine and chansu. 

Chansu has had a source since we opened. You're not looking hard enough if you can't find it.
Aajen2005-02-12 19:52:00
But Aajen has gone back on his side of the agreement; he says he's found chansu but won't say where.

I made no agreement, I said I would pay anyone who told me where it was, you said you didn't think that type of info shouldn't be kept secret. I did NOT agree then, and I still don't. Oddly enough I think I have a log of that conversation because I always forget to click that little log icon after spars.

Also, I'd have no problem telling everyone where it is, except that I don't like my own poisons being used against me, thus I only sell to Magnagorans, and Seren that I know. If there where no conflict with Serenwilde now, I'd have told you where it was already. Have a little taste of my pathetic little trade ban, Mwuhahaha!

And it has been there since it was opened, it just takes a lot of looking, and a fair bit of skill in planar to get it. (Though truthfully someone told me where it was, and I trust his mouth to keep quiet about it more than I trust my own.)
Gwylifar2005-02-14 00:44:45
Then I believe we misunderstood one another. But it really doesn't matter. Even if you weren't been willing to share for the benefit of the trade, I still would have been, so anything I learned regarding anatine would still have been public. I have made no trade bans. (If I had, I would certainly consider doing so to be revoking my right to complain about others making them.)

I'll confess that I'm little inspired to go spend time and money and life trying to find chansu. Sure, I could sell a few, but just how much is it worth to make a few hundred coins profit every few years, really? Poisons is dead. Until something changes about it, I'll only sell what isn't out of the way to get.