Should I keep playing Parabollus?

by Parabollus

Back to The Polling Place.

Parabollus2009-06-14 20:08:18
Edit: Well, I've decided to keep him around. And I decided that all by myself, so there. tongue.gif But what I am gonna do is majorly change him up by having him guildhop. I figure that'll keep him interesting to play for me. I can decide where he goes on my own, but that doesn't mean I can't ask for suggestions or guidance. So I changed the poll accordingly (yay, I figured out how to do so yay.gif). Please vote your suggestion as to where he could go in the poll. Again, though, keep in mind you're suggesting, not dictating.

So I've been thinking...ever since I created my Magnagora alt of Kilson, the loboshigaru who whips it good in the Ninjakari, I've been having a lot of fun with him. Met some good friends in the org and the guild, got my first ever in-game book written under his name (well, hopefully soon after you read this, anyway), even found a potential family for Kilson (once he reaches the in-game requirements of level 35 and I've played 75 hours with him). I've gotten pretty far with this character even with only the short time I've spent with him.

In fact, I'd say I've gotten farther with Kilson, in terms of what I want to do in Lusternia, than I have with Parabollus. I'm not quite sure why...somehow I just feel more creatively motivated with Kilson than I am with Parabollus. It just seems with everything going on in Celest I've heard about through the forums that I've been increasingly afraid to log on Para due to all the catching up I'd have to do and adapting to newly changed situations such as guild leadership. Also, Para recently lost his position as guild Undersecretary of the Tahtetso due to my inactivity with him (I'm assuming). Not to mention much of Para's stuff has probably disintegrated by now.

I'm not saying it's the fault of Celest or the Tahtetso guild that I've lost interest in Parabollus. I'd say it's probably mine for...well, I guess getting bored with Parabollus too quickly and just letting him stay fallow for so long while I have more fun with Kilson. And I most certainly have had more fun with Kilson - I'd say his in-game personality is better developed, his skills better managed, and in general he's more...I hesitate to use the word "established," but he just seems like a more fun character to play.

So at this point I'm pondering what to do with Parabollus. I know there are some people who would hate to see him go (though I believe I've played over 100 hours with Para so he's safe from p-wipes, I think). So that's why I've created this poll - I want to see how people are interested in having him still stick around. Do you people still want him, or shall he fade forever into the tangled intarweb ethers without people giving him so much as a second thought? I'm cool either way, and I'm having trouble deciding, so that's why I made this poll. Please be honest (though not insultingly so).
Xenthos2009-06-14 20:54:12
... why are you asking us? Really?

This is your decision!

Also: Your last poll option is just begging for hurt feelings / trollings. :/
Parabollus2009-06-14 21:28:22
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Jun 14 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also: Your last poll option is just begging for hurt feelings / trollings. :/

Ugh...yeah, you're right. I wish I could edit polls. blackeye.gif
Richter2009-06-15 20:12:18
Your choice. I dunno who he is, and personally, I hate when people tell me who their alts are, unless they're RL friends. Also, mods can edit polls.
Parabollus2009-06-15 23:11:00
In case you missed the edit to the first post...

Well, I've decided to keep him around. And I decided that all by myself, so there. tongue.gif But what I am gonna do is majorly change him up by having him guildhop. I figure that'll keep him interesting to play for me. I can decide where he goes on my own, but that doesn't mean I can't ask for suggestions or guidance. So I changed the poll accordingly (yay, I figured out how to do so yay.gif). Please vote your suggestion as to where he could go in the poll. Again, though, keep in mind you're suggesting, not dictating.
Fania2009-06-15 23:32:41
Oooh, join the Aquamancers...they are good. I'm not biased at all. Seriously, though, I'll send you a message about it later tonight to help you figure it out. And no, it wont all be join the Aquamancers propaganda.