Enchantments

by Jack

Back to Last Chance Trading Post.

Jack2005-02-05 23:37:07
Currently able to enchant the following:

---------
Fist - The fist sigil.
Rings - Enchanted rings hold up to 10 charges.
Pentagram* - Protect yourself from attacks.
Void* - Destroy magical shields.
Flame - The flame sigil.
Deathsight* - See ripples in the cosmos of life.
Window* - Locate another player.
Waterwalk* - Walk upon the water's surface.
Kingdom* - This special ray of Malkuth clots blood in the body.
Bracelets - Enchanted bracelets hold up to 20 charges.
Fear* - Conjure up primal fear.
Enfeeble* - Shrivel the muscles of your foe.
Diminish* - Make a person shrink.
Beauty* - This special ray of Netzach regenerates the ego.
Key - The key sigil.
Necklaces - Enchanted necklaces hold up to 30 charges.
Enlarge* - Make a person grow.
Web* - Bind someone in a web.
Sleep* - Put your enemy to sleep.
Acquisitio* - Unconsciously pick up things around you.
Perfection* - This special ray of Tipheret regenerates mana.
Heirlooms - Enchanted heirlooms hold up to 40 charges.
Greatrobes - Great robes may be enchanted for protection.
DimensionPockets - Create mini rifts from ordinary items.
Eye - The eye sigil.
---------

Now serving everyone. 20 gold per ordinary charge. Sigils are subjective, as are DimensionPocket items (pocketbelts, runebags and tarot decks): enquire to Jack in-game about it to learn more.
Ceres2005-02-06 00:55:34
People like you make us take no profit from our trade.
Shiri2005-02-06 00:56:10
And?
Anarias2005-02-06 01:47:16
And making a profit is why some of us bothered to learn a tradeskill.
Ceres2005-02-06 01:50:13
QUOTE(Anarias @ Feb 6 2005, 01:47 AM)
And making a profit is why some of us bothered to learn a tradeskill.

Damn straight.
Jack2005-02-06 02:40:33
"People like me?" I thoroughly believe in making a profit, but my character is trying to be savvy and offer competitive prices. Jacks' only Virtuoso enchantment, after all - he doesn't have several useful enchantments such as Mercy or Monolith or Curse, and this adds a little extra plus to buying from him, a 5 gold price cut.
Anarias2005-02-06 08:05:35
I don't believe that undercutting everyone at lower and lower prices is the way to make a profit. Working together to uphold a price standard profits sellers more equally and provides greater consistency to buyers. Since Akraasiel's Hallifax Summit prices went from 50 gold per charge down to the 20 or so that we see now. That doesn't truly benefit any enchanters in the long run.
Revan2005-02-06 08:31:28
I'm personally pissed off at the low enchantment prices. 40 gold per charge is a FINE price, I do not see any reason to go lower other than to completely ruin the market. Stop undercutting so damn blindly. I think Shiro sells for 5 gold a charge... that the bloody hell!? I'm ready to just slay all you people...
Daganev2005-02-06 15:13:12
Having the prices the same all over might benefit all the people of that trade, but having cheap prices that still gives a profit, benefits Jack.

When one is not trans, you need what you can get to get you to trans, since he basically offers an inferior product, and so he sells at an inferior rate.
Jack2005-02-06 15:46:37
QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 6 2005, 08:31 AM)
I'm personally pissed off at the low enchantment prices. 40 gold per charge is a FINE price, I do not see any reason to go lower other than to completely ruin the market. Stop undercutting so damn blindly. I think Shiro sells for 5 gold a charge... that the bloody hell!? I'm ready to just slay all you people...

No, he sells for 25 gold a charge, and I think that's roughly the standard price, nowadays.

If I ever achieve transcendent, I'll up the price, but until then I'm happy to offer a slightly larger incentive for my inferior service.
Anarias2005-02-06 22:44:14
That's not sound reasoning. We've been talking about the price of charges on jewelery. Being apprentice, virtuoso or trans has no bearing on the quality of the charges you put on items. It only effects which spells you can enchant. Saying that your charges are somehow inferiour is false. Sigils are a different matter.

And yes, undercutting everyone else will benefit Jack in the short term. However, by uniting with other tradesmen to uphold a standard price it will increase profits for everyone as well as provide stability in the market. In the end you'll keep your customerbase and increase profits.
Shiri2005-02-06 22:53:29
Problem with that, Anarias, is that it would require the simultaneous cooperation of every person who undercuts the market, and people just aren't that trusting, so someone will -always- refuse, and everyone will go to him/her and lose everyone who tried to keep up prices their profit, causing people to go back to undercutting.
Unknown2005-02-07 01:07:34
It's a never-ending circle, or rather it has an end - such a price that merchants won't gain anything from the trade. Traders are selling for comms price to their friends anyway. Soon everyone will have access to everything through his friends and happy trading will be over. (Yes, I'm pessimistic by nature)
Anarias2005-02-07 01:51:50
It wont necessarily have to take all merchants to agree and abide by a standard. Just most of them. Assassins could be an interesting way to deal with people who undercut. As could a city tax on trades.
Daganev2005-02-07 02:00:00
A non trans merchant is selling a inferior good. How is this?

Lets point to the Real life example of the supermarket. Why is it that places like Target, or Walmart do so well? Becaues they have all the things you want, in one easy to reach store, with fairly low prices.

Being able to go to one person for all the enchantments you want is much better than having to go to 3 or 4 different encahnters. This is why, for example, I always try to find Elemental enchanters rather than cosmic, because Watherbreathing is better than waterwalking.
Drago2005-02-07 02:06:19
I don't pay for my charges, you can all go cry me a river.

Enchantment is just like Herbs - Everyone undercuts each other, everyone except the enchanters(herbalists) are happy.

Everyone else rejoices at low prices.
Anarias2005-02-07 02:13:45
QUOTE(daganev @ Feb 6 2005, 09:13 AM)
When one is not trans, you need what you can get to get you to trans, since he basically offers an inferior product, and so he sells at an inferior rate.

I don't know how saying that charges of spells can be called inferior just because of a skillrank in the tradeskill. You said it first Daganev. As far as sigils go, they last longer the higher skill you have.
Unknown2005-02-07 02:21:32
QUOTE(Anarias @ Feb 7 2005, 02:13 AM)
I don't know how saying that charges of spells can be called inferior just because of a skillrank in the tradeskill.

People usually want to get more than one type of enchantments at once, so they will go to the merchant who can make them all. I think that's the meaning of 'inferior' here, one can't make all enchantments customer needs so one tries to lure them with lower prices.
Unknown2005-02-07 02:24:56
QUOTE(Drago @ Feb 7 2005, 02:06 AM)
Enchantment is just like Herbs - Everyone undercuts each other, everyone except the enchanters(herbalists) are happy.

Considering it's valid for all trades, it would mean quite a big number of people. I guess there are too many merchants there. Tradeskill is supposed to give you profit after you used quite a lot of credits to trans it and maybe bought an artifact.
Unknown2005-02-07 09:35:00
I spent all my credits on Herbs first, and I harvest quite a lot of the time that I'm on. Being an herbalist isn't paying very well any more. In the earlier days, everyone needed herbs and life was good for the herbalist. Now, there are many more herbalists (most of whom care nothing about the replanting) that are selling and they are constantly lowering their prices to the point where it's hardly worth harvesting any more. I'd make more just doing quests or bashing even. Some people just want a quick sovereign and care nothing about the value of their time spent on their trade. I know the prices aren't fixed, but a close minimum price might be a good thing to adhere to. tongue.gif