Lost Flail - stewartsville battle

by Murphy

Back to Last Chance Trading Post.

Murphy2005-02-02 05:08:23
I recently lost a tourmented spectre Flail in a battle outside Stewarts ville while battling against Narsrim Ethelon Ceres Dahlia Charis and Silimaur. I am paying 40 diamonds for its return, and the item number is 10274, forged by my hand.

While we fight against each other in game, there is no good reason to take away something I have paid RL money for (credits for forging comms) and spent a lot of time on. It is really depressing losing a weapon of such high cost. Ill give you 40 diamonds if you return it as well as free forgings for a while, I really need it back as I can't afford to replace it.
Unknown2005-02-02 07:07:47
That IS low. Oi.
Ceres2005-02-02 10:43:58
Murphy wildly swings a tormented spectre flail at Charis, who brandishes a exquisitely crafted draconic broadsword. Murphy's flail pounds into her broadsword, which deflects the blow easily. Charis's blade runs down the shaft of Murphy's weapon. A tormented spectre flail is knocked from Murphy's grip by Charis's blow!

If anyone picked it up, they were cloaked.

Edit: Buy fist sigils!
Unknown2005-02-02 13:07:59
Fist sigils still don't stop this. I've dropped my weapons this way several times, and I have had fist sigils on them from day one. Sometimes they decay, but I check periodically. My guess was that the fist sigils only increases the chance that you don't drop it, but maybe it really is a bug. Who knows?
Maedhros2005-02-02 14:05:34
I've NEVER seen that happen....

Only thing close is when I've seen someone unequip a weapon from a broken arm...but gripping stops that.
Ixion2005-02-02 14:48:06
According to Roark quite a while back, Coule still has a very small chance to knock the weapon from your hands, even when gripped.

Selfishness effectively stops any of your weapons from being dropped, so I'd say you forgot to put it up.

That's about the most frustrating thing to have happen as a warrior, whomever has it, please help Murphy out and return it. Is having a good weapon worth throwing away your honor?
Maedhros2005-02-02 14:53:36
QUOTE(Ixion @ Feb 2 2005, 09:48 AM)
According to Roark quite a while back, Coule still has a very small chance to knock the weapon from your hands, even when gripped.

Selfishness effectively stops any of your weapons from being dropped, so I'd say you forgot to put it up.

That's about the most frustrating thing to have happen as a warrior, whomever has it, please help Murphy out and return it. Is having a good weapon worth throwing away your honor?

It's actually an AMAZINGLY good weapon...

I'd be so pissed off if I was Murphy. Give the poor guy his weapon back mad.gif.
Unknown2005-02-02 16:30:09
I've dropped weapons while gripping and using fist sigils. Are there bugs with coule/riposte? I sure don't want to go through the same fate as poor Murphy here, and I haven't yet learned up to selfishness.
Murphy2005-02-03 03:27:14
By the way, I'm absolutley positive I had selfishness up, its part of my deffing up.

I'm offering 40 diamonds and free forging labour to anyone who hands it in.
Murphy2005-02-03 13:01:31
Thanks to all who helped, Charis returned my flail back to me, and in turn received 40 diamonds for her efforts, OOCLY and ICLY Charis is now in my top 5 list of people whom I respect.
Bricriu2005-02-03 21:25:53
I could have told you Charis isn't bad. Kooky! But not bad. biggrin.gif
Unknown2005-02-04 13:11:22
Give Murph his weapons back and I'll toss in a free blackanvil design, courtesy of 'A small shrubbery.'

Edit: Nevermind, htey've been found.

Note to self: ALways check to see if someone's posted before posting.

Edit2: Damnit, I can't type today.
Aajen2005-02-08 15:37:37
Selfishness does NOT stop that, last time I checked... thats why I have a 5 line echo that includes multiple swear words and crazy colours to get my attention whenever it happens. Though the chance is, I believe >5/100.