Combat Aliases

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2004-11-22 11:18:32
I have been trying to bind certain Knighthood commands to aliases, but every time I try, they simply tell me that I "cannot see that being here" or something similar.

The alias looks like this:
CODE
pound right &tar

and the others I want to make will be similar. But they just don't work! What am I missing? What are the rules for Aliases? Why is it not working when it plainly should?
Unknown2004-11-22 11:23:54
You're using the ingame alias system?

After setting the alias with "setalias xxx pound right &tar" you need to set the target with "st tar yyy" where xxx is the alias you want and yyy is the target you want to hit.
Unknown2004-11-22 11:32:28
Yes, I am using the ingame alias system.

And yes, I'm aware of this. But it just doesn't work. I think it assumes that "right" is the intended victim, even though its a part of the command syntax itself.
Unknown2004-11-22 11:35:41
Are you sure that the command syntex isn't "pound target right"? that might cause what you're describing.
Unknown2004-11-22 11:49:03
Not according to AB KNIGHTHOOD BASHING, but I thought of that too. In this case it says that I must specify where to strike.

It's odd, but even when I use the command typed normally, it comes up with the original error response...I think the skill itself may be corrupt or bugged... heh.
Shiri2004-11-23 16:13:38
Okay, if it comes up with the error message...sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but are you trying this on a mobile or a player? 'cause a lot of skills don't work on mobiles. Sorry if you already knew that part (or it DOES work on mobiles for this particular skill), but it's a common mistake.
Alef2004-11-23 16:53:53
Ok, I'm pretty sure it is POUND RIGHT &tar (or whatever you use).

Next Pound, Smite and whatever else do not work on mobiles, they are for PvP only. Only Swing and Jab work on mobiles, or at least from my experience.

To set target use ST TAR . eg for a rat do ST TAR RAT.

Then set up a macro to use each alias, either together or seperate for depending on how you want to fight.

And thats how I used it in previous IRE games. Hope it helps.
Unknown2004-11-23 22:04:20
Yes, I didn't think of that, and it would explain it perfectly. Thankyou for trying to help.