Bonecrusher question

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2004-11-21 16:05:12
I'm assuming this is bonecrusher specific, anyways. I was in a spar with a guildmate the otehr day, and he experienced something odd. I was taking shots at both his gut and his head, and I was playing with Crush as well. Neither mace was venomed. Partway through, he started falling asleep. Not losing consciousness, or blacking out, but actually curling up in a ball and going to sleep. So far we've ruled out an errant alias or trigger, as he has very few. No venoms, and I think the sleep venom produces a different message anyways. The bouts of sleeping were not connected to a hit, they occured at an erratic interval, similar to the recurring amnesia from a concussion. Unfortunately, he didn't diagnose or look at wounds before the spar ended. Has anyone seen/experienced this? What do you think is going on here?
Ulath2004-11-21 16:11:10
Was he just tired?
Murphy2004-11-21 16:16:32
hitting ones head makes them stupid. when you're stupid you fall asleepp every now and then.
Unknown2004-11-21 16:17:38
He was fully rested when he went into the arena. As for stupidity, I wasn't aware stupidity had that as a side effect. Have you actually had this happen to you?
Gol2004-11-21 16:18:38
I've had stupidity make me go to sleep bashing Gila lizards, so that was probably the cause.
Unknown2004-11-21 16:20:21
Weird. Will have to put that to the test to be absolutely certain. I think I see why though, if when stupid you do random things, I can imagine, sleep is one of them, though strangely, I didn't see any other sign of stupidity from him. No odd emotes, strange outbursts, etc.
Daganev2004-11-21 22:46:25
I would guess that you sucked his endurance down to 0.
Drago2004-11-22 12:46:01
Stupidity is -really- bad if you can't cure it. It making you sleep is the worst of its effects.

On a side note, chest damage drains endurance -really- quickly. 5 mins from 10k-0
Unknown2004-11-22 15:15:47
I'm still confused how a bonecrusher (or even a blademaster, but not my specialization) can give some of these "passive" afflictions from the hits. Okay, I've had some luck in blacking out an eye or breaking a nose, but some of the abilities say 'jab' or 'swing' for them to work. If I want to target a specific body part, I don't use jab or swing. I use smite, pound, bash, or strike, to hit body parts, right? Has anyone figured out exactly what syntaxes to use for all of the bonecrusher wounds stuff?
Olan2004-11-22 17:08:46
I think the ab files for things like smite say "this counts as a swing." and that seems to indicate what sort of wounds it can cause.
Unknown2004-11-22 18:13:46
Right, but for all the "bashing" attacks, they all count as a swing. So, even as a bonecrusher, should I use the "slashing" attacks, which maybe would count as a jab, to get the passive afflictions that are caused by jabs only? Seems like a lot of macros and too much crossover between bonecrusher and blademaster, to me. I don't understand why one doesn't just use jabbing/slashing and the other swinging/smashing.
Unknown2004-11-22 18:26:41
You use different things. There is no specific syntax to achieve a certain type of wound, other than swing or jab. You may be using smite, etc from the bashing skill in bonecrusher. Those count as swing. If you use targetting instead (i.e. STRIKE AROXES HEAD they count as jabs. If you are using jab, and a certain wound requires swing, then you won't see that wound.
Unknown2004-11-22 18:44:35
Thanks, Nexall. Maybe for fun, I'll just make an alias with a random number generator to pick one and hit. I've got macros for all the bashing stuff, but sometimes I want to use the jabbing stuff. Someone ought to make special keyboard layouts (not just overlays) for these IRE games, so I can easily hit with ALL my abilities, like I'm playing Mortal Kombat or something. Heh.
Richter2004-11-22 19:55:36
Insert, Home, PgUp
Delete, End, PgDn

=

Larm, Head, Rarm
Lleg, Chest, Rleg

Macro those. Dunno about gut...

I'd like to see a randomizer script too, I dont know how to do that.
Unknown2004-11-22 20:03:45
For random 'killing' things, you could setup an alias (in zMUD, at least) that looks something like this:

CODE
#ALIAS attack {#case %random() {smite up %1} {smite down %1} {pound left %1} {pound right %1} {strike %1 head}}

Add as many commands in there as you like.