Missing Cures

by Gwynn

Back to Combat Guide.

Gwynn2004-11-19 01:25:41
There seem to be a few afflictions which are missing cures.

For example, HELP CURELIST mentions Sanguine as a cure for having your throat slit, but this doesn't appear to work, so I have to use Allheale with no other afflictions.

Also, some people earlier were saying that Pierce Chest couldn't be cured.

Are these merely bugs? Or is that the way its meant to be and the help files just haven't been updated yet?

Are there any others people know of?
Shiri2004-11-19 01:49:08
Punctured Chest and Partially Damaged Head don't show up either. Punctured Chest needs Allheale, but I think PDH can be cured with two restoration salves. Still, it'd be nice if the scroll actually had those. I think we could do with what Achaea had, y'know, two files, one with a list of the herbs and what they cure, and one with the afflictions and what cures them.
Neale2004-11-19 03:57:11
Is a punctured chest anything like a punctured lung?

What about concussion, fractured jaw, ribs, or wrist, insomnia, and vomiting blood?
Gwynn2004-11-19 04:44:00
QUOTE (Neale @ Nov 19 2004, 02:57 PM)
Is a punctured chest anything like a punctured lung?

What about concussion, fractured jaw, ribs, or wrist, insomnia, and vomiting blood?

Its a different affliction.

All of those you mentioned have working cures.
Drago2004-11-19 04:46:43
PDH can be cured with two restoration salves
Correct, that or health.

Concussion, jaw, ribs and wrist can all be cured and, those three at least, are in the help file.

Insomnia is cured by smoking coltsfoot, but not mentioned, I believe.

I cured vomit blood with syphon/allheale (mainly because I also had concussion at the time) but I'm fairly sure it has a normal cure that works, but isn't listed.. think it might be arnica.

Edit: those three
Aajen2004-11-19 08:16:58
Vomiting blood is also in the help files, kind of. It's just under vomiting though.
Neale2004-11-19 13:25:38
Erm. Actually, a FRACTURED jaw/ribs/wrist isn't in the help files. A broken jaw is, as is a broken wrist. Ribs have no mention at all.

Thanks about the vomiting/vomiting blood, I don't like to guess if when they say vomiting they really mean vomiting blood.

EDIT: Concussion is similerly not in the files.
Hiriako2004-11-19 16:15:57
QUOTE (Neale @ Nov 19 2004, 08:25 AM)
Erm. Actually, a FRACTURED jaw/ribs/wrist isn't in the help files. A broken jaw is, as is a broken wrist. Ribs have no mention at all.

Thanks about the vomiting/vomiting blood, I don't like to guess if when they say vomiting they really mean vomiting blood.

EDIT: Concussion is similerly not in the files.

This is where you have to think: A fracture is a kind of break. I know that AB HEALING FRACTURES specifically lists wrists, jaws and something else.
Neale2004-11-19 16:47:02
QUOTE (Hiriako @ Nov 19 2004, 12:15 PM)
This is where you have to think: A fracture is a kind of break.  I know that AB HEALING FRACTURES specifically lists wrists, jaws and something else.

Fractures and breaks aren't actually the same thing. For example, a broken arm is cured by mending, while a fractured arm is cured by arnica. The fact that, for example, a fractured jaw is listed in AB HEALING FRACTURES just proves my point, since a broken jaw in AB HEALING BREAKS. Thus, a broken jaw and a fractured jaw aren't the same thing. Do non-healers just have to pray that they never get a fractured jaw, or is there some way for them to heal it?
Hiriako2004-11-19 16:48:27
To be honest, I've never seen a limb get fractured, but rather only break. I've never seen a jaw or wrist get broken, but only ever fractured.
Neale2004-11-19 17:11:10
QUOTE (Hiriako @ Nov 19 2004, 12:48 PM)
To be honest, I've never seen a limb get fractured, but rather only break.  I've never seen a jaw or wrist get broken, but only ever fractured.

Still, what can happen, will happen. I'd like to be prepared.
Unknown2004-11-19 20:12:16
I know for certain that a punctured chest is actually a punctured lung. Crushed chest is different, I think, but haven't seen that one yet.

I figured out purely by accident that coltsfoot cures insomnia. Nice to know for when you're tired and don't want to just wait to pass out. wink.gif

If concussions are anything like they are in Achaea, it will be cured by a couple quick applications of regeneration to the head and also curing the stupidity. The recurring amnesia is what can really get you with a concussion.
Neale2004-11-19 20:51:17
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Nov 19 2004, 04:12 PM)
I know for certain that a punctured chest is actually a punctured lung.

Nifty. Thanks.
Gwynn2004-11-20 03:17:06
But they're seperate afflictions in Blademaster, and they both have different diag texts, though perhaps they have the same cure.

Consequently though, Vomiting Blood is actually listed as burst organs (I figured that one out from the ab bonecrusher vomitblood file biggrin.gif), and thus cured with Regeneration.

Nonetheless, Slit Throat is still not curable by anything but Allheale, most annoying closedeyes.gif
Unknown2004-11-20 03:48:23
I thought it was cured by Sanguine? At least, the healing ability "Sanguine" cures that.
Gwynn2004-11-20 05:14:44
it says it does, but unless of course my sanguine vial is bugged, it doesn't work.
Dumihru2004-11-20 15:15:49
Punctured lung and punctured chest are 2 different afflictions. The lung is healed by melancholic. The chest is, I think, healed by regeneration.

Very early on, I think punctured chest was appearing on diagnose as "suffering from a punctured lung", but Roark fixed that.

I -think- collapsed lungs are a third affliction that was also appearing on diagnose as "punctured lung" for a while. It wasn't cureable by either melancholic or regeneration. I haven't had a chance to test whether that was fixed. Kind of learned to carry an allheale around for this stuff happy.gif
Unknown2004-11-21 14:45:57
A tiny bit off topic, but whats the cure for Amnesia? Its not on help curelist. sad.gif
Shiri2004-11-21 15:24:18
You just have to cure the concussion, the amnesia goes away afterwards. I know it wears off by itself, but I'm not sure if you have to cure the concussion first or if it was just a coincidence, though.
Unknown2004-11-21 16:28:01
Thanks. Cure concussion with regenerative salve, no?