Stag party...?

by Desdemona

Back to The Polling Place.

Desdemona2004-11-06 23:26:54
Both specializations are lacking of skills. So there has been some inquiries as to what could be nice skills to include. Evidently, one specialization is totally different from the other. Stag focuses on improving the individual and making it more apt for face to face combat. Whereas Moon is focused on attacking from the distance. The nature of this poll is to see what specialization you people preffer, please state why.

Also, I would want to add some skill ideas I had for Stag. Of which I am sure they will not see the light of the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stag Spirit- Syntax: Stamina

Bonding with the spirit of the white stag increases your health and provides you regeneration. As the stag, you are now an important source of life.

Gives a +1 constitution and regeneration.

Stag Horn- Syntax: SYPHoON and SYPHoON (target) to (target)

Costs: 5 power and 50 Mana

This skill allows you to transfer an ailment afflicting a target onto someone else
Or simply remove those ailments afflicting you

When Symphoning an affliction from an individual to another, you can only syphon one affliction at a time requiring 50 mana to use each time, with an minimal equilibrium balance. But you can purify your afflictions at once at a cost of 5 Power.

Prance- Syntax: Prance (direction) (direction)

Prancing like a great white stag allows you to relocate yourself onto a target room with grace and speed

(i.e. Let's say you are on a room with exits north, south, up, and down. You glance down, and see exits to the east and west. Then you should be able to Prance Down West, to evade a single room, Balance recovery from this skill should be minimal to ensure the evasive capacity designed for this skill, about .5 seconds after a Prance)

Totem Summon- Syntax: Totem

You are closely bonded with the Stag, this enables Nature to guard you. By summoning a totem, Nature will afflict your oponent with a wrath of afflictions while guarding you from harm for a limited time.

A Totem is summoned afflicting someone with a random set of afflictions, and forms a temporal shield around the summoner lasting for 3-4 seconds)

Virility- Syntax: Virility

The force for the stag becomes evident with you boosting your strength by a fathom, as you fight for your life.

Boosts your strength by 3.

Stag Grace- Syntax: Call for Grace

Upon calling the grace of the stag, no offender will wish to harm you as they will be pacified. Harm then in return, and your grace will have fallen

By summoning grace, no one will be able to commit an offensive -damaging- attack as long as the USER remains passive himself. Costs 100 Mana, and lasts for until user attacks.

Unicorn- Syntax: Unicorn

Being the white stag, a creature of mythical proportions, you are now able to heal the health of others.

You heal the health reserves of your allies, in exchange of a gradual mana loss.
Shiri2004-11-06 23:31:12
That call for grace seems a bit...ridiculous. But I do hope they add some more things soon. I have no idea about stag, but moon seems to have next to no skills at all. sad.gif
Desdemona2004-11-06 23:37:41
QUOTE (Shiri @ Nov 6 2004, 04:31 PM)
That call for grace seems a bit...ridiculous. But I do hope they add some more things soon. I have no idea about stag, but moon seems to have next to no skills at all. sad.gif

Well, Moon has ten skills whereas Stag has only nine. Most stags skills are about making a person more evasive, with exception of one skill that afflicts and an attack skill that comes with Stag form.

As for the Grace skill, it isn't that bad. It just prevents the user from receiving any damage, as long as he doesn't damage anyone or attack in return. Of course, the Grace user could still be afflicted, etc, just not dealt direct damage.
Shiri2004-11-06 23:51:19
...okay, even though you highlighted that, I still missed it. Sorry. No clue then, since I usually die in a few hits I can never tell whether the afflictions or damage are worse biggrin.gif Seriously though, both moon and stag probably need upgrades...eesh, I didn't know it was that low, though. I GUESS it's to make up for so much stuff in totems, but half of those are pretty useless. Especially monkey. Man, I hate wind.
Desdemona2004-11-07 01:18:45
The ideas I submit are just meant to be raw materials, for some actual skills to take form. The Grace skill basically would work as if you had a walking shield, althought it couldn't be razed. The only way to remove it, is if you attacked or made an offensive action. As for dying either by afflicting or damage... well either way, it means you die. wink.gif If you have diagnose, though, you can heal properly. Plus, Grace, would mean you would be saved from damage and be healing, until you decide to attack again. In fact, Grace skill could act as Divine Grace, though still holding that if you attack it wears off, and it could even be removed with raze.

As for totems, all the totems skills are great, with some few exceptions. The Nature totem, simply allows you to bond with every other totem in expense of power. Other totems focus on regenerating a specific status. Be it ego, mana or health, though always with conditions. Of these regeneration totems, Tree is very limited because it only becomes useful when in presence of a mystic tree. Trust me, all the totems in conjunction are very useful. You can: burrow, leap, sprint, climb, etc. Though a flying totem would be great!

Even though, yes, being knocked from the canopies does hurt. Maybe this should be stopped by sitting down or by standing firm?
Neale2004-11-07 01:35:31
QUOTE (Desdemona @ Nov 6 2004, 09:18 PM)
Even though, yes, being knocked from the canopies does hurt. Maybe this should be stopped by sitting down or by standing firm?

You can cling, but it doesn't work perfectly. Which, really, is how it should be, climbing trees can be pretty dangerous.
Shiri2004-11-07 12:47:28
Yeah, I just got up to virtuoso moon, and with all those lessons I got 5 abilities. I imagine it gets even worse later on. Half of those are lame though. I mean, wax cures maybe 1/5th of your health, and that's during the waxing moon, let alone the rest. Some of wicca's power seriously needs channeling into moon. And then some. *g*

(yes, I accept wicca is kinda broken, I'm not just trying to get moondancers even better, but 10 powers in a skill is kinda lame. More so for poor stag users.)
Desdemona2004-11-08 04:15:20
Correct, both skill sets do need more abilities within them. And thus far, the changes that have been made within Stag have made it... less attractive. Stagaura being replaced by Staghide, which at the begining worked as a secondary Fitness, was a wrong idea. Maybe they could had just created Staghide as the first skill you acquire, and Stagaura as a later on skill. I still do maintain that the best approach on the defensive skills would had been on diminishing their efficiency rather than eliminating them entirely. Of course, if this can't be had... at least they should had replaced Stagaura with an ability that... increases your constitution by one point, or increases your defence against only cutting damage fairly similar to Putrefaction.

The amount of lessons to trans any of this skill sets may seem a bit too much, but this is only due to the amount of skills there currently are. I am positive this will soon change. But trust me, even when the phases of the moon may have an influence on moon skills, the skills within Moon do appear to be fairly useful, specially if later on allows you to attack at a distance. ninja.gif
Richter2004-11-08 06:18:20
Please give us more skills.

I'm trans totems/stag, and stag is rather sad.
Desdemona2004-11-08 06:46:10
Well, Richter. If DoC ever manages to revive Crow and create a commune within Glomdoring, I think the only logical thing to do is to create in the near future a new Totem specialization Crow biggrin.gif This would probably mean all new different skills opposed to Stag. Maybe you should consider designing some Crow skills in expectations of what may occur happy.gif So Stag skill could stop being one of your problems. But yeah, Stag does desperate need more skills.
Hazar2004-11-08 07:41:58
Ooo! Ooo! Crow skills! Lemme at 'em...

CAW; syntax: CROW CAW

Using the primal power of Crow, create panic among your enemies with random afflictions.

DEVOUR; syntax: CROW DEVOUR CORPSE

Devour an enemie's corpse for sustenance - and deny any resurection attempts on the way.

RESERVES; syntax: CROW RESERVE

The Crow is a cautious fighter and never uses everything at once. Regain mana and health quickly once they fall below a certain point.

...I'll get s'more later.
Desdemona2004-11-08 07:46:48
Good, Hazar. Sounds to me like you have a good start. Maybe you should join Visaeris' group and create a Crowstone guild wink.gif
Desdemona2004-11-13 07:37:25
Thus far, it seems like like the battle between Stag and Moon is 5 to 12. Thankfully with any improvements and new skills that both of this skillsets get,in a possible future, Stag would be more attractive to people. Right now, you have a good amount of people who choose Stag but eventually change to Moon thanks to Moon's seemingly increased usefulness. Things are bound to change, though... I am positive.

EDIT: A proposed change for STAGHIDE.

This is the current skill:
Syntax: Staghide. Covering yourself with warm stag hide, you will protect you against streme cold.

Instead of that, turn it into something more useful. Behold.

Syntax: Staghide. Covering yourself with the guile of the stag , you can hide yourself from prying eyes during the day time.
-In other words this skill would work as the Night totem, with the difference that only works during the daytime.

Changing Stag"hide" (animal skin) to Stag"hide" (from predators) wink.gif. This is a good change, and would give benefits to everyone with Fitness, because now... Fitness could work as a defence against extreme cold and hot. Now, you have two useful skills for those who already count with Staghide and Fitness (though Fitness will never be comparible to Toughness, it's overall usefulness would be available to all Fitness users).

Also, now people can reinclude Stagaura (it is so a cool name to simply discard it). Now Stagaura, seeing how "aura" pertains to a more spiritual realm can protect a bit against magic:

Stagaura. Syntax:Stagaura. By achiving affinity with the spirit of the stag have it's aura reduce the impact of magic against you.

See? Useful, and would allowed Stag have an additional skill plus the added benefit that would finally balance the Fitness issue once and for all.

The alternatives I provided right now are far superior to the current situation. Of course, I would rather have Stagaura as it was and work as Putrfaction, but instead draining mana... but since someone made me clear that Stagaura against physical is a no no... then having it be a small defence against magic is a good alternative.
Roark2004-11-13 14:50:05
We actually do intend for stag and moon to have more skills added to it. Though when that will be I can't say since we are still trying to figure out ideas to put in them and also have to prioritize that with other larger problems in the game.
Shiri2004-12-05 22:12:27
Looks like Druids and Stag Serenguard finally got some new stuffs! HURRAY! I can't wait for the moon upgrades! *hyperhyper*
Unknown2004-12-05 22:28:40
StagStomp is good, though I don't see why it would cost Power - especially if you're in Stag Form to begin with.
Shiri2004-12-05 22:30:56
Ooh, Iggy, can you spill what they are? I'm all curious and no one is telling me. biggrin.gif
Estarra2004-12-05 22:47:52
QUOTE (Iggy @ Dec 5 2004, 03:28 PM)
StagStomp is good, though I don't see why it would cost Power - especially if you're in Stag Form to begin with.

It costs power because otherwise it would be an incredibly overpowered skill. Not sure if you realize how deadly it can be.

BTW, I prefer you not list skills on the forums. I know I can't stop you from giving away skill lists to others but at least on these forums we can somewhat control that.
Unknown2004-12-05 22:48:57
Ah, sorry.
Shiri2004-12-05 23:24:06
Whoopsy. My mistake. Sorry. doh.gif