best basing spots

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2004-10-30 15:11:36
Hi everyone,
I am having a lot of trouble finding good bashing spots in lusternia. This is partly attributed to the lack of general maps like they had in achaea (if anyone knows the location of a map of the entire prime material plane please tell me) and partly to my newness to the realm. If anyone has good bashing places in mind, please post them here. I would really like people to use the layout

(maybe even directions from a landmark)
(levels that should bash there)

Thanks everyone
Unknown2004-10-30 15:14:38
The hell is the point in making THREE threads?

Go to Glomdoring, but be careful. Take health and mana.
stagar2004-11-09 14:49:45
You know, Fel you kinda placed this exact same forum three times?

but anyway, like Iggy says, I say glomdoring, Rockeaters also. oh and the Desert, (But leave my dracnari breathren alone! *hiss*)

as for maps I can't help ya, but those are three nice locations.
Typhus2004-11-09 18:33:40
The elemental planes are good for the 25-35 levels I think, and beyond that in some places. Heh.. Or maybe I just love grubs too much.
Richter2004-11-09 20:23:55
If you're tough, spectre isle from lv 15 on. You get like 20% per. I got huge real quick.
Unknown2004-11-10 12:59:32
If you can afford a lot of health vials, I would fight bats in glomdoring. They do some damage, but if you heal and run away when needed, you wont die. Furthermore, they give about 10% at level 30 (i think.... it might be at level 25).
Whatever level it is, its good exp.
Unknown2004-11-10 13:39:39
Ok guys, I know i posted this three times. It was an accident. sorry *blush*. Hopefully I won't post this reply 3 times too. Really, though thank you for your responses. They helped a lot. One question, though, Is there any way to not get caught by black widows and gravediggers and other ambush predators of the sort?
Unknown2004-11-10 14:18:15
If you can fly, you can hover above the Gravedigger until you get a summon....this is also effective in actually combatting the things. With the black widows..........set up a trigger to writhe as soon as you get the message about the webbing hitting you. When you get out of the web, just type DOWN and evacuate the premises.
Unknown2004-11-10 16:04:37
If you glance around before moving, you can spot the little piles of sand that mark gravedigger lairs and avoid entering the area entirely. It's slow and annoying but much better than getting et.
Unknown2004-11-10 16:09:47
Yeah! That's true on that part. I forgot all about the finely grained piles of sand.
Unknown2004-11-10 18:59:14
In all honesty, after that first time you spaz out getting attacked and eaten by a giant black widow, they actually aren't that scary. Just keep in mind two things...

1) You can't *see* them coming, but you can so totally see where they hang out. The rooms descriptions practicly SCREAM giant spiders of doom.

2) They web you, haul you into the trees, then start eating you. Writhe as quickly as you can (most can either set a trigger or just walk through the webby places waiting to get picked up), then lay into it. They secretly don't hit very hard, and in my experience don't do anything very exciting other then web you and haul you into the trees.

Though I must admit thats so cool.
Neale2004-11-10 20:57:23
QUOTE (Plain Math @ Nov 10 2004, 02:59 PM)
In all honesty, after that first time you spaz out getting attacked and eaten by a giant black widow, they actually aren't that scary.  Just keep in mind two things...

3) Be prepared to fall out of the tree after they've brought you up into it. Sometimes after you fall out, they'll take you up again... Not perticularly fun.
Shamarah2004-11-10 21:42:02
That's why levitate is handy.
Unknown2004-11-11 00:27:32
Aye, always bring a mending vial if you're going to go tromping though the Glomdoring. The Carrion Beetles can break your legs in combat as well.
Unknown2004-11-11 07:47:51
QUOTE (Neale @ Nov 10 2004, 12:57 PM)
3) Be prepared to fall out of the tree after they've brought you up into it. Sometimes after you fall out, they'll take you up again... Not perticularly fun.

And just today I was wondering what the heck my levitation defence was doing for me, in that I never actually remember falling out of anywhere at any point.

Reaffirmation of your class as nifty is always nice. happy.gif
Gwynn2004-11-11 12:10:11
Influence really is the way to go in Lusternia. Bashing here generally sucks, and there isn't much of it compared to the other games, which is more realistic.

However, you can influence sooooo many things, so its all good...though influence does seem to take a little longer than bashing on average per thing, and you'll use far more bromides than you will health, and it is also worth less experience, but there's plenty of it there to be had!
Unknown2004-11-14 21:06:42
That's my biggest beef with influence. There's so little experience gain, (unless you're trying to take out something way out of your league), that it's not really worth bothering with.
Unknown2004-11-18 07:32:06
What level are you? I'm going up a level or two an RL day when REALLY influencing (at 64 now).
Unknown2004-11-18 17:04:42
30something. But I have a level 3 experience gain disadvantage. I'mma tae'dae.
Richter2004-11-18 17:21:16
Well that makes sense... Human at about lv45 right now, can get two or so in a half hour if I find a good area, like spectre at 2 or 3am. Sadly, such quality time is hard to find when you have a job the next morning.