Ethereal Tips

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2004-10-29 15:50:27
Do any veteran planar travellers have any tips to share regarding survival in the ethereal plane?
Unknown2004-10-29 15:51:07
Don't attack anything *mumbles about being stuck in Faethorn.
Shiri2004-10-29 18:34:04
Speaking of which, am I misinformed or can anyone feed honeycombs/cakes to the fae to get them to follow them, or is it just Serenwildians?
Unknown2004-10-29 18:46:55
That's not what the honeycake is for, the fae that you see following Moondancers come from the skill Wicca. The fae on the Ethereal plane are for something else.
Unknown2004-10-29 19:24:31
QUOTE (Alyvia Gladheon @ Oct 29 2004, 10:46 AM)
That's not what the honeycake is for, the fae that you see following Moondancers come from the skill Wicca. The fae on the Ethereal plane are for something else.

Feeding to Gorgulu!
Silvanus2004-10-29 19:31:18
QUOTE (Visaeris Maeloch @ Oct 29 2004, 01:24 PM)
Feeding to Gorgulu!

Quiet Vissy!
Shiri2004-10-30 12:56:44
QUOTE (Alyvia Gladheon @ Oct 29 2004, 07:46 PM)

Ahh, right. I just wondered how Raziela's supposed to get fae then...perhaps she means the corpses. Hmm.
Unknown2004-10-30 23:37:36
QUOTE (Shiri @ Oct 30 2004, 04:56 AM)
Ahh, right. I just wondered how Raziela's supposed to get fae then...perhaps she means the corpses. Hmm.

Yeah, have fun trying to do that without a penalty....there's an Order and a guild whose purpose is to take care of folks who kill fae...
Shiri2004-10-31 10:09:56
Hey, I wasn't going to kill them. *g* I just remember every other Supernal having something they were able to purify or something, like demons of Nil for Methrenton. 'cept Raziela wanted fey, and I didn't think she'd be the sort to want them dead, so I figured she must want them lead to her with the honeycombs. Only the greedy buggers just eat 'em!
Gwynn2004-10-31 11:51:58
There's a skill in Influence that makes things follow you, I'm fairly sure. You could always use that.
Unknown2004-10-31 12:42:25
QUOTE (zossimov @ Oct 29 2004, 03:50 PM)
Do any veteran planar travellers have any tips to share regarding survival in the ethereal plane?

Don't sit around doing nothing because Magnagorans jump you. Or summon you into the Earth Elemental Plane (I'm still not sure how that worked, or where it was supposed to. Couldn't get together enough information to bug it for certain) and kill you claiming you were trespassing.
Silvanus2004-10-31 17:01:10
QUOTE (dlanod @ Oct 31 2004, 06:42 AM)
Don't sit around doing nothing because Magnagorans jump you.  Or summon you into the Earth Elemental Plane (I'm still not sure how that worked, or where it was supposed to.  Couldn't get together enough information to bug it for certain) and kill you claiming you were trespassing.

.... ....... ...... .... ...... ........... I'd put a lot more dots to emphasize my point, but a few things: Magnagorans don't kill anyone for simply no reason. A select few, but I'll repeat this as I have said before.

Visaeris DOES NOT EQUAL Magnagora.
3 Citizens of Magnagora DO NOT EQUAL Magnagora.

Understand the point?
Shiri2004-10-31 18:55:25
QUOTE (Silvanus @ Oct 31 2004, 06:01 PM)
.... ....... ...... .... ...... ........... I'd put  a lot more dots to emphasize my point, but a few things: Magnagorans don't kill anyone for simply no reason. A select few, but I'll repeat this as I have said before.

Understand the point?

He said Magnagorans, not Magnagora. What he said is perfectly true, and sound advice to boot.
Sylphas2004-10-31 19:12:44
QUOTE (dlanod @ Oct 31 2004, 07:42 AM)
Don't sit around doing nothing because Magnagorans jump you.  Or summon you into the Earth Elemental Plane (I'm still not sure how that worked, or where it was supposed to.  Couldn't get together enough information to bug it for certain) and kill you claiming you were trespassing.

Why claim you're trespassing? You don't need a reason to kill someone, especially off the prime plane, and even if you did, you can't claim trespassing on a plane you don't own. Which would be all of them.

About the fae: Fae will follow you if they're not loyal to the Moon Spirit, and if you give them a honeycake. Plain honeycombs don't work, and loyal fae won't accept either.
Unknown2004-10-31 22:22:28
*shrug* Ask them. Either way, it's still valid advice. Don't sit around doing nothing because Magnagorans (ie. citizens of Magnagora - not all of them, to appease Silvanus and his crusade to miss the point or misread the post) will attack you.
Silvanus2004-10-31 22:32:05
QUOTE (Shiri @ Oct 31 2004, 12:55 PM)
He said Magnagorans, not Magnagora. What he said is perfectly true, and sound advice to boot.

You are obviously missing the point, Val was on Ethereal doing nothing but exploring, and was jumped by Serenwildens. Anyone will jump you on Ethereal for any reason.
Unknown2004-11-01 08:14:18
QUOTE (Silvanus @ Oct 31 2004, 02:32 PM)
You are obviously missing the point, Val was on Ethereal doing nothing but exploring, and was jumped by Serenwildens. Anyone will jump you on Ethereal for any reason.

I'm sure they had a reason...namely, he's a commune enemy.

and yes, people will jump you for no reason. I was checking on faeleaf, to make sure it was at a good number, when Valek decided to kil me. Brave guy, I didn't have any of my fae with me.
Unknown2004-11-01 10:30:39
*wink valek* watch it!
Unknown2004-11-01 19:39:27
QUOTE (Silvanus @ Oct 31 2004, 10:01 AM)
.... ....... ...... .... ...... ........... I'd put  a lot more dots to emphasize my point, but a few things: Magnagorans don't kill anyone for simply no reason. A select few, but I'll repeat this as I have said before.

Understand the point?

Why do you insist on bringing me up time and time again whenever someone says Magnagorans are killhappy? I didn't kill people for no reason, nor did anyone else(to my knowledge). We just killed people for being on certain planes. That's hardly "no reason".

Infact, you're being fairly hypocritical considering that you were threatening me for being on the Plane of Nil after I left the guild/city.
Unknown2004-11-01 20:02:47
Visaeris, the whole world is not your bashing ground. Telling people that you are just here to kill their guards and asking them to please not attack you, lest you be forced to kill them, is most definitely "killhappy." There are many things I like about you, but your larger-than-life ego is not among them.