zMUD scripts

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2004-10-28 15:54:09
I've written a ton of scripts for zMUD on Achaea and now I'd like to write a few scripts for Lusternia. I've got a decent little rat counter on my page and I'm working on the framework for a curing system as well as stuff to track a knight's arm balances or harvest a few herbs. If anyone would like to contract a custom script for a small credit fee, please contact me with your needs! I respond very well to e-mail requests.

Thanks.

P.S. The URL is in the signature... wink.gif
Ekard2004-10-29 17:38:20
I'am afraid that your link to this script isn't working.
Unknown2004-10-29 17:43:48
The link itself is working, but when you try to download the script it all goes downhill.
Unknown2004-10-29 19:22:15
Sorry about that. I had originally listed all my scripts on one page, but the Lusternia ones were way at the bottom and I wanted to make them more visible. In moving things around, I had an extra "lusternia/" in the path to the script. All fixed now!
Unknown2004-10-31 08:40:39
Heh, Zarquan - your Lusternian name (almost) rhymes with your Achaean one.
Unknown2004-10-31 12:29:47
This is just a forum name, actually. Don't know if I'd say that Zarquan (Zar-kwan) and Larkin rhyme too well. Heh.
Asarnil2004-10-31 16:16:51
Here is a little script for those who would like to keep a low timeout in case they get dc'd while connected to Lusternia. Personally I suggest a timeout of about 3 minutes, then using this nifty little trigger for keeping me connected as long as my client is open.

#trigger {You will TIMEOUT in 1 minute unless you do something.} {#gag;#send %char( 13)}

What it does is gag the message and then send a carriage return (which doesn't disrupt anything you may be doing at the time - even the touchy "do anything wrong including blinking at the wrong time and it will stuff up" kind of things that you may be doing sometimes.
Unknown2004-10-31 16:30:05
QUOTE (Asarnil @ Oct 31 2004, 06:16 PM)
#trigger {You will TIMEOUT in 1 minute unless you do something.} {#gag;#send %char( 13)}

A quote from the HELP AFK file:

"Lusternia has a simple, easy-to-understand policy on being AFK: It's not allowed. AFK, which stands for Away From Keyboard also includes, to us, a player who may be at his or her keyboard, but who isn't doing anything, or a player who is at his keyboard, but just has an auto-response (also called a trigger) entering commands for himself regularly."

Wouldn't that trigger be a direct violation to the AFK rules? I have a 5 minute timeout, in case things go bad and my connection dies or something ugly like that. What would be the use trying to avoid the timeout?

-Quilami
Unknown2004-10-31 17:03:41
A 'keepalive' script is borderline, I'd say. A friend of mine once went to bed rather late one night and had forgotten to close his client. He came back the next morning to find himself starved to death, with lots of food in his inventory and no more health elixir. Triggers can be a bad thing to some people in certain situations. laugh.gif
Asarnil2004-11-01 06:40:05
QUOTE (quilami @ Nov 1 2004, 03:00 AM)
A quote from the HELP AFK file:

"Lusternia has a simple, easy-to-understand policy on being AFK: It's not allowed. AFK, which stands for Away From Keyboard also includes, to us, a player who may be at his or her keyboard, but who isn't doing anything, or a player who is at his keyboard, but just has an auto-response (also called a trigger) entering commands for himself regularly."
Wouldn't that trigger be a direct violation to the AFK rules? I have a 5 minute timeout, in case things go bad and my connection dies or something ugly like that. What would be the use trying to avoid the timeout?

-Quilami

Why would it be a violation of the AFK rules? It is only a violation if you specifically use it and then go off and watch a couple of movies, cook a barbeque, write a novel then come back to play. I am one of the people that really don't like to be moving every couple of minutes, and as a class that can really be worn down on endurance having to execute commands on a regular basis to regain my endurance (not as much here, but on Achaea it wasn't uncommon for me to spend over half an hour at a time just sleeping up endurance). What it means is you don't have to be perpetually doing something on the MUD to stay connected, but lets you do other Lusternia things which may take a bit of time and not have to worry about keeping the connection alive.

Zarq - anyone that is stupid enough to keep their client open overnight deserves that ninja.gif Even on the worst nights where I haven't had sleep for like a week and have drunk myself into oblivion I remember to close the things I was doing down first.
Unknown2004-11-01 08:23:48
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Nov 1 2004, 01:29 AM)
This is just a forum name, actually. Don't know if I'd say that Zarquan (Zar-kwan) and Larkin rhyme too well. Heh.

Then what's your in-game Lusternian name?
Unknown2004-11-01 15:30:43
Only a very few people know either of my in-game names right now. Sorry, but I'm enjoying the freedom of my anonymity for a while. If you've got an interest in purchasing a script, I'll let you know a name so that you can transfer credits, of course. wink.gif

To contact me, please use my e-mail address with my Achaean name. Thanks.
Unknown2004-12-09 20:31:48
Got any ideas when you'll finish the LCP, Zarquan?
Unknown2004-12-10 02:44:58
Combat systems are never really finished. What I have works okay for what I use it for now, but I still need to fight a lot more and add to it. I don't have the experience to know what priorities to assign to things.

If you're interested in seeing what I have so far, it is available for 30 credits (or donations of very nice, long, detailed, interesting combat logs... bribery is awful, I know).
Silvanus2004-12-10 02:53:36
QUOTE(Zarquan @ Dec 9 2004, 08:44 PM)
If you're interested in seeing what I have so far, it is available for 30 credits (or donations of very nice, long, detailed, interesting combat logs... bribery is awful, I know).

Are my combat logs on achaea.cjb.net enough? tongue.gif
Unknown2004-12-11 02:48:50
QUOTE(Zarquan @ Dec 10 2004, 03:44 PM)
Combat systems are never really finished. What I have works okay for what I use it for now, but I still need to fight a lot more and add to it. I don't have the experience to know what priorities to assign to things.

By "finished" I meant released... but since it isn't open source, and when you buy it you get free updates and support, so I guess we could buy it whenever tongue.gif.
Unknown2004-12-11 05:54:23
Do cleaned up logs of attacks/diagnoses/curing messages count in lieu of logs? wink.gif