Poisons

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2004-10-28 15:46:05
In other IRE games, you can find a publicly available list of all venoms and what they do. In Lusternia, I haven't found any such list for poisons. Can anyone tell us the names of all the poisons and what they do when you hit someone with them?

Also, feel free to discuss any interesting poison combos you've tried and liked. cool.gif
Unknown2004-10-28 15:49:58
Well, I just got the ability to use weapons so now I am going to have to get the weapons and then worry about my poisons but I am interested in what poisons do what else well.
Ixion2004-10-28 17:14:14
Depends what you want, there's poisons for most afflictions, crotamine, dulak, dendroxin to name a few. Ask a poisoner for specifics
Unknown2004-10-28 18:52:34
I thought I was asking for a 'poisoner' to give specifics. What I'd like to see is a list of the poisons and what they do. It would certainly boost sales of the poisons to make such a list available. (Same for enchantments, for that matter.)
Unknown2004-10-28 18:56:16
Didn't Llexyn or someone put up a public post about enchantments?
Asarnil2004-10-28 18:58:11
That post was fairly lacking from what I can remember of it - most of the time you still have to just go to the enchanter and say "please mister magic person, tell me how the hell to use these things i just paid you for, and what the hell do they actually do"
Unknown2004-10-28 18:59:20
Yeah! I remembered right after I posted that it was just a list of enchantments and the price nothing to do with what the enchantments actually do.
Aajen2004-10-31 13:20:20
There should be an ad that has a list of the poisons and their effects. I don't remember the number, but it's there.
Thorgal2004-11-01 12:23:49
Aleutian (shyness)
Mellitin (Weakness)
Dendroxin (shrivels arms)
Hadrudin (disfigurement/aura of repugnance)
Niricol (blindness)
Calcise (shrivels legs)
Inyoka (dizzyness)
Crotamine (DEATH)
Aajen2004-11-02 02:55:23
I'll just post it here so I don't have to waste 100 gold to put my ad back up. It's not like it's a secret or anything.

Anatine Causes terrible muscular spasms.
Tetrodin This venom invades the ear channel, causing deafness.
Niricol Causes pupils to complete close, leaving the victim blind.
Mactans Venom that gives chills.
Contortrin Also known as hero's bane
Aleutian Strangely affects the emotions, causing shyness.
Mantakaya A dangerous toxin that causes paralysis.
Dendroxin Causes muscles in the arms to shrivel.
Saxitin Found in creatures who hate sunlight.
Ibululu Causes an unnatural sensitivity to pain.
Hadrudin Usually found in scorpions, causes terrible disfigurement.
Mellitin Weakness infects those infected with this venom.
Botulinum A poison that causes terrible gastrointestinal convulsions.
Calcise Targets the bones of the legs, with crippling effect.
Inyoka Dizziness is the main effect of this venom.
Crotamine Unless quickly cured, this poison means a certain death.
Morphite Causes sleep.
Escozul An energy draining venom.
Chansu A terrible toxin that causes respiratory illness.
Charybdon The effects are always mutating.
Dulak This venom attacks the brain, causing unnatural stupidity.
Senso A venom that causes profuse oily sweating.
Anerod This poison thins the blood and reduces the immune system.
Thorgal2004-11-28 19:59:20
Anyone know which corpses gives contortrin venom?
Luthe2004-11-28 20:18:22
as far as i can tell Anatine, Botulinum, contortin, and Chansu don't have creatures yet. If people know otherwise please share.
Gwynn2004-11-28 23:36:26
Actually, the only thing I've found that doesn't have a corpse to get it from is Anatine. I've seen everything else, therefore it must be extractable.

Consequently I'd love to know where to get Anatine from (if it does have something), also Contortrin.

As for Venom combinations, its really hard to do things like that here. Venoms only have a 50% chance of going off base, and if you have resilience, that lowers it again (as well as a few other skills).

However not all is lost. When you look at it from a statistics point of view, there are 4 possibly outcomes, each as likely as the other (without counting resilience).

-Both venoms come off
-Venom A comes off
-Venom B comes off
-No venoms come off.

Venom combos are still viable because they work perfectly 1 in every 4 times. Another good strategy is to use venoms that consume balance from a herb or salve that you are likely to cause them to need from your knighthood afflictions (such as dendroxin + broken jaw). This will confuse people with worse systems.

Of course, Dulak + anything is always a fun combination.

And Mantakaya is annoying to heal, considering it takes a good deal of mana (when you keep getting hit with it) and also time.
Unknown2004-11-29 17:30:03
You're looking at the four possible outcomes as all having the same probablility of working- if the person has inept resilience, then yes, this works- but if they don't the whole thing is upset- giving about a 10-15% chance of both coming off. And of course, you have to factor in misses too..
Hiriako2004-11-29 19:03:19
Botulinum is found in the octopi in the inner sea.
Unknown2004-11-29 20:17:01
Does anyone know what Contortin actually does? Is that recklessness maybe?
Flow2004-11-29 22:25:16
I have to say, I love the whole extraction thing. Makes poisons far more realistic-ish and fun. The names are a stroke of genius, as well. Could we have some mixed from rare herbs or something?
Akraasiel2004-12-01 06:45:12
If they are trans Resiliance you can give up on hoping your poisons will hit. I had a single poison hit in a long duration duel against a person with trans resistance, effectively making damage the only option to trans resistors, and they are likely also trans combat, which means you should go find someone else to duel.

Optimally in combat, against two high class and well trained individuals, well stocked with supplies, they can fight for days and neither will win. A master of combat doesnt even need to raise a finger, because no matter how they avail they cannot slay him.
Thorgal2004-12-02 10:12:20
Actually I killed plenty of people with trans resilience and trans combat fairly easy, and I have immensely crappy weapons (40 damage stat on one, 124 on the other) and only master combat, venoms are just a nice add on that could give you a little advantage, the art is to plan your wound afflictions right, only very skilled ur'guard can withstand a continuous flurry of well-planned smackdown tongue.gif.